• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The question remains.

If they were avoidable errors then why, given that you accept that Xhaka is trying his best, didn't he simply avoid them?

It is a very simple question.

:lol: Ask him that.

Why the **** would I know why Xhaka chooses to lunge into tackles, concede deliberate fouls or pass to an Arsenal player who has 3 people closing him down?

That's why he's under scrutiny. And you're making out like it's just Arsenal fans. It's ex pros too.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He was still pretty much captaining the side in Artetas absence from 2013 onwards wasn't he? I remember him tearing Özil a new one up at the Etihad, was it?, Around that time.

I think it’s based on when they were officially captain...

Adams (92-02)
Vieira (02-05)
Henry (05-07)
Gallas (07-08)
Fabregas (08-11)
Van Persie (11-12)
Vermaelen (12-14)
Arteta (14-16)
Mertesacker (16-18)
Koscielny (18-19)
Xhaka (19-19)

...I am judging the players from their on field and off field performances during these periods.

Balboa

:lol: Ask him that.

Why the **** would I know why Xhaka chooses to lunge into tackles, concede deliberate fouls or pass to an Arsenal player who has 3 people closing him down?

That's why he's under scrutiny. And you're making out like it's just Arsenal fans. It's ex pros too.

Well, given that it has happened a few times, I'm thinking it might be that his make up as a player, physically and psychologically, might mean that he is prone to such errors. Jeering and booing him for this limitation seems to me to be no more fair or constructive than it would be to do so for Özil if his tackling strength isn't on par with a Vieira, or Chambers if his pace isn't on par with peak Bellerin.

Does scrutiny = jeering/booing?

And have the ex pros expressed the view that jeering/booing by fans for his past mistakes is a good response?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I think it’s based on when they were officially captain...

Adams (92-02)
Vieira (02-05)
Henry (05-07)
Gallas (07-08)
Fabregas (08-11)
Van Persie (11-12)
Vermaelen (12-14)
Arteta (14-16)
Mertesacker (16-18)
Koscielny (18-19)
Xhaka (19-19)

...I am judging the players from their on field and off field performances during these periods.

It's incredible how long Mr Arsenal captained us for when you look at that, which isn't even including the years before the PL era. Will we ever see his like again... I sure hope so.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

on whether Granit Xhaka will come into the squad...
Not yet.

on what the reason is...
I spoke with him. I spoke with him on Tuesday about how he's feeling now and how he is in his mind. He's working well, he's training well, but he said to me that he's not feeling good enough at the moment to play. We are going to wait.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/emery-leicester-xhaka-auba-full-transcript

Press conference sounds completely different.
Like Emery would like to have him in the squad, but Xhaka doesn't feel ready yet.

Kav

Established Member
Goodbye Granit. You came. You tried unfortunately you were not as solid as a rock.

Good luck to you in the future.

Balboa

Goodness. Given the hostility towards the man in the stadium and on this thread, I can only fear that many will take this as a "victory". Not seeing that they are harming themselves, the player and the club. Our society might be consuming itself. Horrendous stuff.

Balboa

Get a grip, ffs.

This forum, and the stadium are places where people are expressing furious anger and intense elation....as a consequence of whether or not one set of men they have nothing to do with kick a ball into a net more often than another set of men they also have nothing to do with. And they care about that more than the mental health of a human being who did nothing wrong other than cup his hand and swear under pressure of thousands humiliating him from their relaxed, unaccountable positions of safety, to which the fans in the stadium and the forum reacted by losing their ****. And you say I need to get a grip....

:rofl:

Last edited:

Token Yank

This forum, and the stadium are places where people are expressing furious anger and intense elation....as a consequence of whether or not one set of men they have nothing to do with kick a ball into a net more often than another set of men they also have nothing to do with. And they care about that more than the mental health of a human being who did nothing wrong other than cup his hand and swear under pressure of thousands humiliating him from their relaxed, unaccountable position of safety. And you say I need to get a grip....

:rofl:
Agreed. But I think @rich 1990 was referring more to the society comment.

Balboa

Agreed. But I think @rich 1990 was referring more to the society comment.

Speculative possibly. Hyperbolic perhaps. There are reasons to believe it might be the case. Anyone familiar with the book Amusing Ourselves To Death by Neil Postman may understand what I'm referring to. It's not as if you can't make a case that this type of stuff is related to other things we see, such as an alarming apparent revival of racism in some areas of the game. Abuse of the likes of Sterling and Rashford on social media, banana peel thrown at Auba.

Token Yank

Speculative possibly. Hyperbolic perhaps. There are reasons to believe it might be the case for certain. Anyone familiar with the book Amusing Ourselves To Death by Neil Postman may understand what I'm referring to. It's not as if you can't make a case that this type of stuff is related to other things we see, such as an alarming apparent revival of racism in some areas of the game. Abuse of the likes of Sterling and Rashford on social media, banana peel thrown at Auba.
Get a grip, ffs.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Goodness. Given the hostility towards the man in the stadium and on this thread, I can only fear that many will take this as a "victory". Not seeing that they are harming themselves, the player and the club. Our society might be consuming itself. Horrendous stuff.

If he's sold then it should've been for footballing reasons, i.e because he's very average and extremely error prone. If he does move on then we can draw a line under this sorry scenario. I suspect some of his fans will hold a grudge for a very long time though....

Reactions: Jae

Balboa

He’s not completely wrong.

I hope Xhaka sticks around so the rabid fans don’t just find another player to blame for our poor form.

I think this might actually be the strategy of Arsenal's genius fans. They are going to see if they can become the first club in history to systematically hound their squad out of being averagene into a top side one player at a time. Let's see how it pans out....

It'll be interesting to see who's next. I suspect Pepe, Luiz & Sokratis might be looking over their shoulders and of course those remaining CMs won't be under any less pressure now they take on a greater burden.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom