• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Merci Arsène

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
Probably wanted more then just a caretaker role until the end of the season. Gotta wonder if that’s it for him as a manager unless Arsenal brings him home.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
BILD and kicker are usually very well informed re: Bayern. Didn't trust the Sport1 and Honigstein links as they're second rate outlets recycling old news or go against the grain when the initial headline can't be used as bait anymore (e.g. the hot headline is "Wenger to Bayern" but as second string they missed it, so they go against that on purpose with "Bayern not interested in Wenger" to create another hot headline based on speculation more than anything). But now that the usual Bayern guys of BILD got in, there's probably something to it.

My guess would be that both sides felt that Wenger was too big a name for a caretaker until the summer job. If I was Wenger I at least wanted a shot at the next full season if I'd have delivered results, and maybe Bayern felt similarly thinking that if Wenger delivered good footie and trophies, you can't just axe such a big name after axing the last coach mid season already. But longterm it's clear they want Ten Hag, who they can get in the summer, so they won't commit to anything longer than that right now.

Also, there have been the first rumours today that the clique of German NT and ex-NT players "loves" interim coach Hansi Flick, as he used to be Loew's longtime assistant. They know him, he knows them and suddenly guys like Muller are among the first names on the teamsheet again - this promoted interim assistant, due to the nature of their relationship, creates a wellness oasis for them and they love it.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Imagine it.......

Bayern hires Wenger and the great man finally manages to pick up a Champions League.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Don't wanna get my hopes up too much but you best belief I'm a fully fledged Bayern fan until the end of the season if this happens.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is as straight and detailed an answer from Arsène that I have ever heard .

href="
Classy, clear and respectful as always. I really hope he takes the job, it'll bring excitement back to football again.

And he deserves the opportunity to manage a club given the right investment to be at the top, without complete herberts like Mr T talking absolute crap about his abilities.

Iceman10

Established Member
This is as straight and detailed an answer from Arsène that I have ever heard .

href="

Some people are saying he's turned them down in a classy way, but at the same time he is going to discuss with Bayern during the upcoming week. Is this still on (first team coach)?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Some people are saying he's turned them down in a classy way, but at the same time he is going to discuss with Bayern during the upcoming week. Is this still on (first team coach)?

Think he's going to have discussion with them on Wed. Sounds very preliminary atm .

Iceman10

Established Member
Think he's going to have discussion with them on Wed. Sounds very preliminary atm .

Yeah, don't want to get hopes up too much, but it appears a number of journos are running hard conclusions as if it is closed off based on worthless unsourced media 'noise' while Arsène Wenger is trying to make clear he has no agents or representatives and nothing will happen either way until he has direct comms with Rummenigge et al..

Top Bottom