• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balboa

I don't think they should sack Emery unless they have the next manager they want to do the job available, or they have an appropriate caretaker available who will only manage until the end of the season until the long-term manager can be appointed.

No Solskjaer type stuff...

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I guess a savvy manager probably does not accept the job until January.

Not convinced there is a way too balance the midfield internally, you still have only 1 senior wide player & this CB group.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This club will go in same circle while kroenke around we should get lucky to get manager like klopp to turn things around Liverpool were no better than us they were in worst position its not because of the owner they become one of best in Europe it because of klopp its all about to get right man. Utd tried 4 managers since 2013 and failed to get back where they belong and win major trophies.

We have to get manager who will create stability and improve us so we can go from there

Predicates

I don't think they should sack Emery unless they have the next manager they want to do the job available, or they have an appropriate caretaker available who will only manage until the end of the season until the long-term manager can be appointed.

No Solskjaer type stuff...

I agree. It is understandable to feel frustrated at the lack of progress being made under Emery, but if we panic and fire him mid-season, a Solskjaer-type situation seems likely.

Making a second rash appointment in succession would be more detrimental to the long-term future of this club than giving Emery until May to sort things out.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Enrique would play an attractive brand of football and you'd think Pepe, Özil, Ceballos and Auba would excel, but he doesn't know the league.

Mourinho does know the league, knows how to utilise Özil and seems to like Pepe and Auba.

I think we need to act quickly.

We dont have the players to field
Özil + 3 strikers/wingers

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I agree. It is understandable to feel frustrated at the lack of progress being made under Emery, but if we panic and fire him mid-season, a Solskjaer-type situation seems likely.

Making a second rash appointment in succession would be more detrimental to the long-term future of this club than giving Emery until May to sort things out.

Stickning with a manager too long got us in this mess to begin with...

Doing it again is just lunacy!

I have been saying it a Long Long time, there is nothing hopeful with Emery ffs.
Stickning it out is pointless
We cant and shant accept this

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we keep Emery on and he wins us the Europa, and the board look for a better manager next year when we are in the Champions League, that’s the only acceptable outcome for Raul and co if they don’t let go Unai this season...the squad under Emery will struggle even more having to cope with Champions League imo.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It annoys me how much of a gamble this is, there’s no precedent this year for us winning games yet alone putting in good performances.

People might not rate the squad but if a lot of them force their way out we’re going to have even more gaps than we do this year.

Getting into the CL as a club has never been more important, for me the direction we’re going in is defined by this season.

Get in there and we could go on an upward trajectory, if we don’t then I’m seriously worried that we’re going to turn into the Sp**s of the early 2000’s or Liverpool before Rodgers.

blaze_of_glory

It annoys me how much of a gamble this is, there’s no precedent this year for us winning games yet alone putting in good performances.

People might not rate the squad but if a lot of them force their way out we’re going to have even more gaps than we do this year.

Getting into the CL as a club has never been more important, for me the direction we’re going in is defined by this season.

Get in there and we could go on an upward trajectory, if we don’t then I’m seriously worried that we’re going to turn into the Sp**s of the early 2000’s or Liverpool before Rodgers.
Seems extremely likely at the moment.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We have gone backwards

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
We have gone backwards

Definitely. I`m not going to pretend things weren`t bad in Arsenes last season, they certainly were. But nowhere near as bad as this. From what I can remember we lost most away games but at least against the likes of Bournemouth and Palace we`would have most of the ball and generally control the game but ending up losing regardless.

At home we rarely dropped points against teams we should beat and even delivered a really good performance from time to time, the 5-0 against Everton springs to mind.

Now we let the bottom team in the league have 30 shots at our goal and are being dominated at home by Bournemouth and Palace.

Last edited:

Pepes blue pill

Board gotta be bluffing, emery is in their crosshairs, big stan just wants to be the one to pull the trigger, once a hunter always a hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom