• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamsoutheast

Have you ever considered where all these people involved in the club would be without fans? Why is there money in sports?
The wedding analogy is something I've never heard of. If that is how clubs view us, I will not support the club with another cent. I will watch free illegal streams, buy fake shirts and offer absolutely nothing in return.

If that's how you feel fair enough, do that. I ask you this question though, is this how you will carry on anytime the club have a bad spell or go through tough times?

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Have you ever considered where all these people involved in the club would be without fans? Why is there money in sports?

It's not the matter.
It's not because fans are paying that they should try to force the club's hands whenever they feel like it. Or expect that all their opinions matter.

Kav

Established Member
Fans opinions matter only to the extent that it affects the bottom line negatively.

The sooner we accept this fact. The easier it becomes.

GDeep™

League is very weak
No we don't. We need to make the environment as hostile as possible for the OPPOSITION not our own team. Fans also need to look at themselves and the part they play in all this mess.

We have the best away crowd in the country, Emirates is packed every week despite no real success for 10 years and it being the most expensive ticket in Europe. What more do you want?

Fans are disillusioned, there are deep problems at the club and the only way for many to show their frustration is to protest.

Weird attitude from you, similar to what we’ve heard from the club in previous really, “just shut up, pay your money and support”.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not sacked today morning, so he’ll be here till the summer.

If we win the EL, then he’s safe for a few more years.

teamsoutheast

We have the best away crowd in the country, Emirates is packed every week despite no real success for 10 years and it being the most expensive ticket in Europe. What more do you want?

Fans are disillusioned, there are deep problems at the club and the only way for many to show their frustration is to protest.

Weird attitude from you, similar to what we’ve heard from the club in previous really, “just shut up, pay your money and support”.

There are deep problems yes, I agree, and the club, to be fair to them, have made changes to the backend structure and have been more proactive in the transfer market. It won't happen overnight though. Fans need to realise this and have a bit of patience. A toxic environment just adds fuel to the fire and makes the environment intolerable for the players and isn't a good advert for any future signings. It's also not a good environment for some of our best youth talents to be in knowing that if they make the slightest mistake, the fans will be on their back. A bit harsh of you to say we have had no real success in 10 years considering we won the FA cup a few times recently. Yes we all want the Champions league and league title but that hasn't been made any easier with the likes of Man City and Chelsea. The club have been moving in the right direction off the pitch but just need to get back to winning ways on it. I remember the 97/98 season we had a terrible November, pretty much lost all games and there were boos and negativity from fans, we did however manage to turn things around and in the end we won the title clawing back a 14 point lead. That year, we were 6th by the end of 1997. If we get behind the club and players, who knows what could happen...

Last edited:

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
There are deep problems yes, I agree, and the club, to be fair to them, have made changes to the backend structure and have been more proactive in the transfer market. It won't happen overnight. Fans need to realise this and have a bit of patience. A toxic environment just adds fuel to the fire and makes the environment intolerable for the players and isn't a good advert for any future signings. It's also not a good environment for some of our best youth talents to be in knowing that if they make the slightest mistake, the fans will be on their back. A bit harsh of you to say we have had no real success in 10 years considering we won the FA cup a few times recently. Yes we all want the Champions league and league title but that hasn't been made any easier with the likes of Man City and Chelsea. The club have been moving in the right direction off the pitch but just need to get back to winning ways on it. I remember the 97/98 season we had a terrible November, pretty much lost all games and there were boos and negativity from fans, we did however manage to turn things around and in the end we won the title clawing back a 14 point lead. That year, we were 6th by the end of 1997. If we get behind the club and players, who knows what could happen...
We had a genius in charge of the team.

kenshinSG

I apologise to teamsoutheast (and any who was offended) for asking him to be banned because he still felt Emery needs another season or two to get his team up.
I recognise that he has the right to his views, even if I disagree 110%.
I am very frustrated that everything has hot worse. And very worried we might have another season in Europa or even no European football at all. All our best players would surely leave by then and no matter who is the manager then, there is no miracle. We will only find it harder to get into top 4 or UCL once this season is over

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If that's how you feel fair enough, do that. I ask you this question though, is this how you will carry on anytime the club have a bad spell or go through tough times?
No, just when the management surrounding a crises has an attitude of "nothing to see here, **** you stakeholders"

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Exactly, he sounds like a club PR guy stuck on repeat "pay up vermin, we've lots like yous, so feck off if you're unhappy"

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
There are deep problems yes, I agree, and the club, to be fair to them, have made changes to the backend structure and have been more proactive in the transfer market. It won't happen overnight though. Fans need to realise this and have a bit of patience. A toxic environment just adds fuel to the fire and makes the environment intolerable for the players and isn't a good advert for any future signings. It's also not a good environment for some of our best youth talents to be in knowing that if they make the slightest mistake, the fans will be on their back. A bit harsh of you to say we have had no real success in 10 years considering we won the FA cup a few times recently. Yes we all want the Champions league and league title but that hasn't been made any easier with the likes of Man City and Chelsea. The club have been moving in the right direction off the pitch but just need to get back to winning ways on it. I remember the 97/98 season we had a terrible November, pretty much lost all games and there were boos and negativity from fans, we did however manage to turn things around and in the end we won the title clawing back a 14 point lead. That year, we were 6th by the end of 1997. If we get behind the club and players, who knows what could happen...
Oh lord, it's not 97 anymore buddy

Gunner140

I must've missed the part where they sacked Brendan and put Klopp and a project in place that resulted in them getting into 2 UCL finals (one of which they won).

Speaking of Brendan, Leicester were decisive and got him in and look at them now.

Sometimes failure is staring you in the face and you know you need to take action.

Yes and Klopp finished 8th in the Premier League during his first season in charge yet they gave him time.

Leicester is unique, how many clubs have sacked their manager and didn't progress. Watford, Everton, Southampton.

Leicester is where it is because of their fantastic scouting not managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom