• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Matteo Guendouzi: 2019/20 Performances

How much do you love Guendouzi?

• Very much

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Très beaucoup

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • More than my mother

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury

Watching Cazorla playing effortlessly against Barca, Real and Atletico makes me a bit angry. A huge mistake was made releasing him and I can understand the reasons behind that, but I can't understand the reason for not replacing him like for like. Ceballos was a nice try but he is not on the same technical level.

Don't think Douzi will come even close to his level even at his peak, Xhaka is not even fit to clean his boots and Ceballos just covers some of the stuff Santi was great at.
The drop in quality when we lost Santi was the single reason why we became a mid table team

tbf everyone thought he was done after that injury. You have to give credit to Villarreal for a taking a punt with him.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
As many have said, he’s a decent talent but if we’re pinning our midfield hopes on Guendouzi we’re ****ed.

I’d like to see him rotated with Willock. The latter has a better engine and is much harder to get the ball from.

Both are guilty of overplaying though. They’re incredibly young. The comparisons with Cesc are futile - he came into teams with Gilberto, Vieira and Edu doing the defensive work allowing him to just play.

GunnerShy

I don't get it, he's had one bad game ffs, this place is a joke. Look at the comments on the previous pages compared to this one lol. Would've thought Guendouzi had done enough to prove his talent by performing in multiple big games already but apparently not enough for AM weirdo's
I think you're letting him off lightly if you're saying he's only had one bad game. Been lackluster the last month. I think Willock deserves a run in his role. Looks the better player

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Watching Cazorla playing effortlessly against Barca, Real and Atletico makes me a bit angry. A huge mistake was made releasing him and I can understand the reasons behind that, but I can't understand the reason for not replacing him like for like. Ceballos was a nice try but he is not on the same technical level.

Don't think Douzi will come even close to his level even at his peak, Xhaka is not even fit to clean his boots and Ceballos just covers some of the stuff Santi was great at.
The drop in quality when we lost Santi was the single reason why we became a mid table team

I agree , there was no reason to get rid of this guy even if he only play 15-20 games , what he could offer to the youngsters in training is/was invaluable . Would have been ST contract and relatively low wages . A better punt then Dennis Suarez or Ceballos on loan this season .

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Replaced Matuidi in the French National Team, but according to A-M-Members he isn't good enough for us to Start.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I agree , there was no reason to get rid of this guy even if he only play 15-20 games , what he could offer to the youngsters in training is/was invaluable . Would have been ST contract and relatively low wages . A better punt then Dennis Suarez or Ceballos on loan this season .

People often forget there is also players wish. Both Nacho and Santi wanted to go back, and they made sure they are in position to get that when they wanted it.
You can't force a player to sign a contract if he doesn't want to, right?

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
I like Guendouzi. He's still got a lot to learn though and isn't quite ready to play regular first team footy. Very good passer of the ball and very good technician. He lacks strength and athleticism though. He will be a very good player by the time he's 22-23 providing he stays injury free.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Had to show a dip of form sometime, specially considering he's getting way overplayed.
Nowadays it feels like he always gets the full 90 on the league and then a 30 minute sub on the cups, incredibly excessive for a 20 yo, specially when you have a comparable talent to rotate with in Willock.

lazyfreak

As many have said, he’s a decent talent but if we’re pinning our midfield hopes on Guendouzi we’re ****ed.

I’d like to see him rotated with Willock. The latter has a better engine and is much harder to get the ball from.

Both are guilty of overplaying though. They’re incredibly young. The comparisons with Cesc are futile - he came into teams with Gilberto, Vieira and Edu doing the defensive work allowing him to just play.
You blind? Guendouzi runs all day, barely any signs he gets tired in the latter stages of any game he plays in. It's his standout attribute. Guendouzi has the better engine while I do agree that Willock is harder to dispossess.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

People often forget there is also players wish. Both Nacho and Santi wanted to go back, and they made sure they are in position to get that when they wanted it.
You can't force a player to sign a contract if he doesn't want to, right?

Pretty sure that Santi wanted to stay and pay back the Club especially since the Club helped him out when with a contract extension when he was injured.

However new management told him they weren't going to renew, can't sign a new contract when you aren't offered one , right ?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He is talented, but I would happily sell him for a massive fee. I can't stand our midfield set up. No pace and no power in the centre of a football pitch where you have no outstanding technical quality is beyond me. The recruitment makes no sense.

The site of the opposition left back strolling past Guendouzi like he isn't there when he is the midfielder who comes across as covers shows that we will never protect our back 4 or 3.

I mean if you want to go defensive you may as well set up a midfield three of Torreira, Willock and AMN. At least that way you aren't running past them or through them. Emery wants to worry about the opposition by putting players to do jobs they can't do.

If you want to go to Leicster and play a 3 4 3 with wide forwards that spend their time tracking back. Then play players who are suited to it.

------------Chambers----Luiz-----Holding

--------------------AMN-------Willock
Belerin------------------------------------------Tierney

---------Pepe-----------Auba-----------Saka

yybecause

Pretty sure that Santi wanted to stay and pay back the Club especially since the Club helped him out when with a contract extension when he was injured.

However new management told him they weren't going to renew, can't sign a new contract when you aren't offered one , right ?
What makes you think Santi would stay?
that's my whole point. We don't know, so I think it's unfair to attack someone and not knowing the whole story behind it

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

What makes you think Santi would stay?
that's my whole point. We don't know, so I think it's unfair to attack someone and not knowing the whole story behind it

This contradicted you previous post , I have already outlined why , valid criticism is not attacking in my book at least .

yybecause

This contradicted you previous post , I have already outlined why , valid criticism is not attacking in my book at least .
it's not contradict, was saying what was known public, and it just may be why Santi is home now, but anyway, wishing is one, saying someone ****ed up without knowing the whole story is just naive

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You blind? Guendouzi runs all day, barely any signs he gets tired in the latter stages of any game he plays in. It's his standout attribute. Guendouzi has the better engine while I do agree that Willock is harder to dispossess.

Chill. I'm not talking about stamina, I'm talking about power.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

it's not contradict, was saying what was known public, and it just may be why Santi is home now, but anyway, wishing is one, saying someone ****ed up without knowing the whole story is just naive

I honestly don't know what you are saying here , we should have taken a punt by keeping Santi is not naive and no it's not public knowledge that he wanted to return to Spain , his quotes indicated that he was at least open to staying , I am quite certain. You don't need to know the whole story in this case , we know the Club declined to offer him a new contract and we know that he was happy here and grateful that he was given an extended contract while injured ,

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
His attitude has impressed me, but everything else is pretty subpar really, especially for what I look for in a midfielder...think all our more experienced midfielders underperforming have let him of the hook, has been very poor this year really...but when you compare him to previous teenage mids we have had like Diaby and Wilshere he looks miles off, never mind comparing him to Cesc...

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom