• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

I think it needs to get much, much worse before the club considers making a change. Will probably be a reassessment at Christmas / New Year.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
I don't see that appointing Arteta would be any better than appointing Freddie Ljungberg. In fact, I'd rather have Ljungberg. What has Arteta ever done that makes people think he'll be a good manager? At least Ljungberg knows the club really well, and he was successful with the reserve teams.
I'm just playing devil's advocate but you have to at least consider who each one has been learning under:
Learning under Pep>>>>>>>>Learning under Emery

scytheavatar

Established Member
I'm just playing devil's advocate but you have to at least consider who each one has been learning under:

Arteta is no Pep, and we are no Man City. Whomever that is taking over from Emery is going to have to do a lot of cleanup job with our squad, and it is also likely for key players to leave us if we don't get CL next season. How to manage a club in crisis is something Pep has never experienced before and is unable to teach Arteta. Arteta's coaching career is doomed to fail if he thinks he has learnt everything about being a manager from Pep.

Kav

Established Member
There is a school of thought that one learns more from adversity than from success. In that regard Learning under Emery >>>>>>>>>> Learning under Guardiola.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
After Xmas is when the managerial changes will come. Arsenal, Everton, Sp**s and United top of that list. All in the top 7 for spending. No board will accept 15th at that stage.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Onto managerial candidates again, I know Gerrard had nothing to do with Arsenal & most of us probably disliked him (I didn't dislike him) btw haha, would anyone consider & accept, back him to take over?

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I would take Gerard over Arteta. It will stay like that until I have seen Arteta manage a team.
At this stage Gerrard has head manager experience so I'd certainly have nothing against him taking over, I'd still have Arteta on the same as him though, I wouldn't take one over the other, I'll add Ljungberg on those 3 aswell.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Imo sometimes you just have to take a risk on former players, young managers with not as much experience (Viera, Arteta, Gerrard, Ljungberg etc.) take over & bring in a new philosophy & idea, I wouldn't be fussed if we do that. Look at Lampard with Chelsea for example & how they are going now.

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan

Should be selling the club and vision to Erik ten Hag in preparation for next summer. United should do the same but we won't.

Malky

Established Member
Onto managerial candidates again, I know Gerrard had nothing to do with Arsenal & most of us probably disliked him (I didn't dislike him) btw haha, would anyone consider & accept, back him to take over?
In all fairness, I never liked Gerrard as a player but he's doing good things at Rangers - has them playing good football and a very solid record with them in Europa (they're unbeaten at home in Europe since Gerrard took over). Everyone seems to be talking about Arteta as a manager just because Pep and Wenger said he could be one but Gerrard has actually went out a proved it. Plus he would likely leave Rangers in an instant if a big English club came calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom