• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If he's going to be given 2-3 years to implement his philosophy, whatever that is, then he needed to give us more than a good glimpse by now. What we've seen, though, is diabolical on the whole. You can't be less optimistic at this stage than when he was appointed, which is the case. No real reason for it to have gotten worse before it gets better.

Last edited:

Pepes blue pill

Just gonna treat us like a midtable nothing team now and enjoy the ride, those guys always seem happy with a win no matter the bigger picture....no point pretending we are any good as long as emery is here

GDeep™

League is very weak
This “fans can’t see/don’t understand/external atmosphere” narrative is pretty disrespectful and I don’t even pay for a season ticket or attend matches regularly.

Anyway, heard a rumour from a very good source that Emery will go in the summer and Arteta or Enrique will be approached. Those two are front runners.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Highest ticket prices in Europe. I think the fans have a right to be pissed at the never ending **** show.
I do agree that it has become a vicious cycle in respect to the home atmosphere which thus affects the players but seriously, highest ticket prices in europe. If they want to push the blame on the fans then maybe cut ticket prices. Just a thought.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This “fans can’t see/don’t understand/external atmosphere” narrative is pretty disrespectful and I don’t even pay for a season ticket or attend matches regularly.

Anyway, heard a rumour from a very good source that Emery will go in the summer and Arteta or Enrique will be approached. Those two are front runners.

It’s embarrassing.

What can’t we understand? The fact we haven’t won a league in over a month or that we play the most d*ckless football I’ve ever seen at Arsenal?

Steps

What can’t we understand? The fact we haven’t won a league in over a month or that we play the most d*ckless football I’ve ever seen at Arsenal?

I think this is key to understanding the anger from a lot of fans. It feels an awful lot like we are being treated as ill-informed amateurs, as if the problems facing our squad are too nuanced and intricate to be understood or observed by the common man. While I certainly respect that our club does hire professionals who are supposed to be experts, it is clear as day that the "system" our players are being sold is not working. Discontent is clear in the squad, and the confused, often frantic desperation on the pitch is further evidence that whatever instructions Unai is giving is not translating to a viable game plan.

I think it is admirable that the club does not want to hire and fire on the whims of public outcry, but enough is enough. How many more points do we need to drop before the board realizes that we've crossed the point of no return for this season. I have a strong feeling that at the rate with which we are spiraling out of control that an early exit from the Europa League is more of an inevitability than a possibility. When that happens, and when the top 4 (top 5 even) is clearly out of sight, we will be stuck with our **** in our hands and a manager who hasn't the slightest in how to get anything out of our squad.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
**** this, "The fans need to be more sensible" nonsense.

You know what waiting till the end of the season is going to do at our current pace? To list a few:
  • No European football of any kind
  • Players clamoring to leave because of no European football (and rightly so, in some cases)
  • Further degradation of the Arsenal brand/name/heritage, leading to:
    • Failure to attract new talent
    • Mid-table mediocrity
    • Missing out on top managers
    • Potential sponsorship reductions
Absolutely asinine to preach calmness at this stage.

He's made a few good points though.

I don't understand why fans are making so much drama & noise about the current situation.
We're bad. We, as fans, know it.
Everybody at the club does too, whatever they may brief the medias. That's how clubs work, most of the time they don't throw their own under the bus in public, because it's useless.
They're not stupid, or blind. We're not smarter than them.

While the toxic atmosphere around the club isn't responsible for our terrible form, it doesn't help, it makes things even worse.
As we've seen with the Xhaka incident. Did it help to humilate him? Are we playing better without him? Well... no.
We do know it's creating even more problems behind the scenes.

Some fans are behaving like spoiled kids. They want a new shiny manager, right now, because they've said so, because they think they know better than everybody else.

Do you really think they need the fans to tell them that Emery doesn't look like the right man for the job anymore?
Do you really think they're not looking for candidates already? I might be naive but I think they're working hard to try to find a proper replacement. They haven't invested so much money last summer to be satisfied with a 6/7/8th spot (or even worse).

Finding a new coach in midseason is hard.
It's easy to say "well just hire arteta/ljunberg, it can't be worse" when you're just a fan.
But when you have to make those calls, you also have to deal with the consequences & backlash if it fails.
So yeah, I'd rather let them do their thing, take their time, and hire who they think is the best candidate for the job, than get stucked with a new manager who isn't a good fit/they didn't really want in the first place.
Hell, even mighty Bayern are not getting Ten Haag before the summer. And they're much bigger & attractive than we are. This is the reality we live in.

Are there any obvious choice right now to replace emery on the market?
Liverpool got lucky a few years ago when Klopp was without a job and available. Unfortunately, there is no Jurgen available right now on the market.

Top coaches like Pep & Klopp don't grow on trees. How many managers Liverpool & City have hired before getting those 2?
We have to accept the fact that we might have to endure a few managers before finding the perfect fit.
We have to be patient.

At the end of the day, this is what being a fan is about. You enjoy the good times, but you also have to accept & deal with bad spells.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The squad isnt that bad tbh this is what annoys me.
Its also probably has the highest potential ceiling we will have in a while.

How often will we realistically have a golden boot striker & another 15 goal a season striker. Thats ****ing crazy for our position & rare.

Huge opportunity wasted with a clown in charge that cant set up a midfield.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
It’s embarrassing.

This is a long one in the making to be fair. From what I can remember, it dates as far back as the project youth thing.

- Club finds itself in a bind and can't communicate properly with fans.
- Club then puts out a message that it's still competing for the EPL and will not sell players to rivals at any cost, despite it being pretty clear that it will.
- Club continues with the same narrative, all the while doing things that it said it wouldn't.
- Club then thinks of something that's positive and tries to sell it as an "audacious stunt!!", fans are underwhelmed, club think fans expect too much and is condesending to the fans because of expectations that the club itself had raised.

That was just the banter years, but it translates perfectly to today. 1. Sack Arsène. 2. Get the new guy in 3. say that we will continue to play attacking football and get back to the CL 4. fail miserably 5. sign Pepe 6. Why aren't you fans behind the team, we got a new record signing and a new manager? So much noise!

This was another complete and utter avoidable mess by the executive and comms team.

IMO in both cases all it was needed was putting out an honest message of a rebuilding project, that though rocky it may be, we're in this together until the end, we're the Arsenal, yatta, yatta. Give matchgoing fans some love in the form of backing some fan iniciatives, etc.

But no, they've got to keep putting this "thank you for your insterest in our affairs" condescending BS out and make it seem that fans need to be educated in football.

**** off.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Its also probably has the highest potential ceiling we will have in a while.

How often will we realistically have a golden boot striker & another 15 goal a season striker. Thats ****ing crazy for our position & rare.

Huge opportunity wasted with a clown in charge that cant set up a midfield.
It will be a waste when Auba goes next summer. Josh must realise it aint going to get any better as the players have downed tools. Why delay when it will cost more in the long run.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
He's made a few good points though.

I don't understand why fans are making so much drama & noise about the current situation.
We're bad. We, as fans, know it.
Everybody at the club does too, whatever they may brief the medias. That's how clubs work, most of the time they don't throw their own under the bus in public, because it's useless.
They're not stupid, or blind. We're not smarter than them.

While the toxic atmosphere around the club isn't responsible for our terrible form, it doesn't help, it makes things even worse.
As we've seen with the Xhaka incident. Did it help to humilate him? Are we playing better without him? Well... no.
We do know it's creating even more problems behind the scenes.

Some fans are behaving like spoiled kids. They want a new shiny manager, right now, because they've said so, because they think they know better than everybody else.

Do you really think they need the fans to tell them that Emery doesn't look like the right man for the job anymore?
Do you really think they're not looking for candidates already? I might be naive but I think they're working hard to try to find a proper replacement. They haven't invested so much money last summer to be satisfied with a 6/7/8th spot (or even worse).

Finding a new coach in midseason is hard.
It's easy to say "well just hire arteta/ljunberg, it can't be worse" when you're just a fan.
But when you have to make those calls, you also have to deal with the consequences & backlash if it fails.
So yeah, I'd rather let them do their thing, take their time, and hire who they think is the best candidate for the job, than get stucked with a new manager who isn't a good fit/they didn't really want in the first place.
Hell, even mighty Bayern are not getting Ten Haag before the summer. And they're much bigger & attractive than we are. This is the reality we live in.

Are there any obvious choice right now to replace emery on the market?
Liverpool got lucky a few years ago when Klopp was without a job and available. Unfortunately, there is no Jurgen available right now on the market.

Top coaches like Pep & Klopp don't grow on trees. How many managers Liverpool & City have hired before getting those 2?
We have to accept the fact that we might have to endure a few managers before finding the perfect fit.
We have to be patient.

At the end of the day, this is what being a fan is about. You enjoy the good times, but you also have to accept & deal with bad spells.

We are not a bunch of cheerleaders.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
At this point it isn't a bad spell. Fans have the right to say they don't trust Emery anymore. Our board can choose to back him, and they did, but now it's their jobs to win the fans back, not the other way around.

I don't understand this logic at all.
There are much better ways to send a message to the club than creating a toxic atmosphere. For everybody. Fans, players, the board.

If you're not happy with the situation, then it's simple. Stop spending your money, your time & your energy for the club.
Don't go to the Emirates. Let it get empty. It will tank their ticket revenue and make the club look bad on national TV. Fans and the atmosphere they bring is a part of the show that networks pay insane amount of £ to broadcast it on TV.
Don't watch games on TV. It will tank their ratings, it will hurt their business.

The club would be dead without its fanbase. You can't find any other way to hurt them more & send a message.

Creating a toxic atmosphere doesn't hurt them as much because they're still backing them financially. But it makes much more collateral damage imo.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
It's absolutely okay to turn on the manager after 1.5 seasons of not just even nothing, but regression. There's nothing in Emery's time here to suggest he will or even can turn this around.

I'm not that much referring to Unai being up to the task, like I said, I want Arteta, and I want him now. Yet, all the things he talks about besides this are just absolutely true - a big chunk of the damage to Arsenal is due to the toxic fans and atmosphere all around ever since Wenger's 1-2 final years.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We dont have the players to field
Özil + 3 strikers/wingers

We'd struggle, but we're struggling now! Torreria and Xhaka is a b-tec Kante and Matic. I reckon Jose could get Torreria plus 1 disciplined enough to give our attack licence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom