• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanpayslip

I still can’t believe that in Saturday I saw a game where Laca and Auba were playing wide for parts of the game. Arsenal football club under Emery basically had a game where they didn’t play with a striker.

It’s shameful that he felt that LCFC were that superior that he turned up with us imitating Stoke.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
I still can’t believe that in Saturday I saw a game where Laca and Auba were playing wide for parts of the game. Arsenal football club under Emery basically had a game where they didn’t play with a striker.

It’s shameful that he felt that LCFC were that superior that he turned up with us imitating Stoke.

They played as defensive wingers while Özil was some kind of false 9. Messy.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I almost can't put into words how depressed this club makes me. It's not Arsenal anymore. We have a bunch of malignancies in kits and suits wearing our badge and setting up shop in the stadium and training ground but there's nothing Arsenal about them. The one player we do have who is world class in spite of everything and consistently does his job is now being smeared in the press by some coward at the club who can gossip to Ornstein and stir up trouble over nothing but isn't man enough to attach his name to it. What the f*ck happened to us?

We have a flawed but talented squad that should be doing better and instead of removing the obvious impediment they choose to come out in support of it while throwing the lifeblood of the club under the bus. Where do they think all of the merchandise and ticket sales come from. Who do they think watches the matches that enable the massive tv deals? And yet people who love the club and want it to be the proud club that it has always been historically are treated like garbage and told that they are the reason the pampered millionaires can't complete 5 yard passes to each other. They're the reason the manager is unintelligible. They're the reason that nobody displays any fight whatsoever. It's a joke. Now inevitably when our more talented and consistent players do get fed up and refuse to extend, the **** running the club tries to do a hatchet job on them in the press to deflect blame. That's not Arsenal, or at least it shouldn't be.

What's most damning of all is that the worst displays are always away from home where there can be absolutely no criticism of the away support at all. They are comfortably the most loyal and dedicated traveling fans in the league. They all too often make a long and expensive trip only to be let down and yet even on tv you can hear them singing their hearts out and trying to help the team along week after week. Those people are part of a "toxic" atmosphere? Do me a favor. What's toxic is being so pigheaded and arrogant that you have to scapegoat people for your own mistakes. Emery is playing the same dreadful football that has seen him overstay his welcome at PSG and yet the club would have us believe that our eyes deceive us and we're too stupid to understand some kind of elitist genius that is on display. It's repulsive. I feel so incredibly sorry for how badly I wanted Wenger to leave. It's quite clear now that his knuckles were turning white keeping the gates of hell from bursting open for years and I didn't appreciate it. I don't know where we go from here.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

They played as defensive wingers while Özil was some kind of false 9. Messy.
& there are some who are defending this clueless, coward manager

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I almost can't put into words how depressed this club makes me. It's not Arsenal anymore. We have a bunch of malignancies in kits and suits wearing our badge and setting up shop in the stadium and training ground but there's nothing Arsenal about them. The one player we do have who is world class in spite of everything and consistently does his job is now being smeared in the press by some coward at the club who can gossip to Ornstein and stir up trouble over nothing but isn't man enough to attach his name to it. What the f*ck happened to us?

We have a flawed but talented squad that should be doing better and instead of removing the obvious impediment they choose to come out in support of it while throwing the lifeblood of the club under the bus. Where do they think all of the merchandise and ticket sales come from. Who do they think watches the matches that enable the massive tv deals? And yet people who love the club and want it to be the proud club that it has always been historically are treated like garbage and told that they are the reason the pampered millionaires can't complete 5 yard passes to each other. They're the reason the manager is unintelligible. They're the reason that nobody displays any fight whatsoever. It's a joke. Now inevitably when our more talented and consistent players do get fed up and refuse to extend, the **** running the club tries to do a hatchet job on them in the press to deflect blame. That's not Arsenal, or at least it shouldn't be.

What's most damning of all is that the worst displays are always away from home where there can be absolutely no criticism of the away support at all. They are comfortably the most loyal and dedicated traveling fans in the league. They all too often make a long and expensive trip only to be let down and yet even on tv you can hear them singing their hearts out and trying to help the team along week after week. Those people are part of a "toxic" atmosphere? Do me a favor. What's toxic is being so pigheaded and arrogant that you have to scapegoat people for your own mistakes. Emery is playing the same dreadful football that has seen him overstay his welcome at PSG and yet the club would have us believe that our eyes deceive us and we're too stupid to understand some kind of elitist genius that is on display. It's repulsive. I feel so incredibly sorry for how badly I wanted Wenger to leave. It's quite clear now that his knuckles were turning white keeping the gates of hell from bursting open for years and I didn't appreciate it. I don't know where we go from here.
It's the latest trend. Manager ****s up? Blame the fans. Players **** up? Blame the fans. Going to lose a good player? Blame AFTV.

zilfy

If you're not happy with the situation, then it's simple. Stop spending your money, your time & your energy for the club.
Don't go to the Emirates. Let it get empty. It will tank their ticket revenue and make the club look bad on national TV. Fans and the atmosphere they bring is a part of the show that networks pay insane amount of £ to broadcast it on TV.
Don't watch games on TV. It will tank their ratings, it will hurt their business.
Totally agree with this. This is the way.

I for one have suspended my subscription to the PL, to be reinstated on the day Emery is fired. It's not much, but if we all do our bit for the greater cause...

Power to the people!

Aevi

Hale End FC
Performance-wise, we have never been properly good under Emery. Even during the unbeaten streak, you could see through statistics and an eye test that we were scrapping by on unsustainably-good finishing.

He needs to go asap. He let the Xhaka situation go too far by captaining him when he knew the fans were losing patience with him, then captaining Auba when apparently there is some unhappiness with him regarding his relationship with AFTV. It's clueless decision making that's asking for drama. He seems a decent guy but he isn't inspiring, he isn't getting results, he isn't even making us look any good. He's constantly switching things up, constantly reacting; the players can't get into a rhythm with any one system. I'm done with his loser talk of improving the team and executing plans well despite poor results. There's nothing positive about his tenure here. Defensively ****. Offensively ****, barely redeemed by strong individual performances from Aubameyang. He and this club's lack of a spine is pissing me off now, and I'm barely even invested anymore.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Defensively you can argue it’s not good but the fact we are so limp going forward with the likes of Auba, Laca, Pepe, Özil, etc as well as fullbacks who are good in attack is damning.

I don't even think our defenders and midfielders are that bad just not being used properly. Torreira playing as an attacking midfielder and Sokratis being asked to play tika taka out of defence just off the top of my head, I'm sure I could think of many others with a bit more time.

Add in the constant changing of tactics, formation and starting XI and it's pretty obvious why we are doing so badly. At this point in time my I would settle for the following for a decent run of games.

Roughly the same XI players
Everyone playing in their favoured positions
Instructions for players to stick to what they are good at
A set formation

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I don't even think our defenders and midfielders are that bad just not being used properly. Torreira playing as an attacking midfielder and Sokratis being asked to play tika taka out of defence just off the top of my head, I'm sure I could think of many others with a bit more time.

Add in the constant changing of tactics, formation and starting XI and it's pretty obvious why we are doing so badly. At this point in time my I would settle for the following for a decent run of games.

Roughly the same XI players
Everyone playing in their favoured positions
Instructions for players to stick to what they are good at
A set formation

I feel we've been saying something of this nature for over a decade now. Truth is these players we have aren't good enough for where we need to be.

Standards have dropped at this club to a place where average is good enough and journeyman players who wouldn't have sniffed a starting place in 2008 let alone in 2004 are being hailed as great players. This is despite game after game of the same mistakes and failures.

Yes players are played out of position, but most of them don't have it in them to go up three or four levels.

The next manager will have to do a clearout in my opinion.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I feel we've been saying something of this nature for over a decade now. Truth is these players we have aren't good enough for where we need to be.

Standards have dropped at this club to a place where average is good enough and journeyman players who wouldn't have sniffed a starting place in 2008 let alone in 2004 are being hailed as great players. This is despite game after game of the same mistakes and failures.

Yes players are played out of position, but most of them don't have it in them to go up three or four levels.

The next manager will have to do a clearout in my opinion.

How many players would even get in our 2015 team, probably just Auba...think overall this year we probably have only the 6th best team.

Reactions: Jae

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I'm not that much referring to Unai being up to the task, like I said, I want Arteta, and I want him now. Yet, all the things he talks about besides this are just absolutely true - a big chunk of the damage to Arsenal is due to the toxic fans and atmosphere all around ever since Wenger's 1-2 final years.

Wenger is gone and the atmo wasn't toxic before Emery started to mess it up longterm. Can I understand Stuttgart fans who want the managers head after 3.5 months, a squad overturn, a 3rd place in the league, a clear tactical handwriting but some bad results in the last few weeks? No. But can I understand fans turning on a manager after 1.5 seasons turning Arsenal into a turd team with no horizon of hope? Yes. That is all. The toxic atmo stuff is bollocks or better yet it is what it is because what is happening on the pitch. Fans have all the right to complain right now and it's not because it is Wenger toxic, but because the team is **** cause of Emery and because Wenger was fired for that and the guy to come after him has actually managed to make the team worse.

Last edited:

Toby

I don't understand this logic at all.
There are much better ways to send a message to the club than creating a toxic atmosphere. For everybody. Fans, players, the board.

If you're not happy with the situation, then it's simple. Stop spending your money, your time & your energy for the club.
Don't go to the Emirates. Let it get empty. It will tank their ticket revenue and make the club look bad on national TV. Fans and the atmosphere they bring is a part of the show that networks pay insane amount of £ to broadcast it on TV.
Don't watch games on TV. It will tank their ratings, it will hurt their business.

The club would be dead without its fanbase. You can't find any other way to hurt them more & send a message.

Creating a toxic atmosphere doesn't hurt them as much because they're still backing them financially. But it makes much more collateral damage imo.

It's that easy, right. Stop going. Are you a fan of any club, truly? If you were, you'd stop assuming that "just not going" isn't an option. You support your club no matter what, but at the same time you are entitled to voice your opinion.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Wenger is gone and the atmo wasn't toxic before Emery started to mess it up longterm. Can I understand Stuttgart fans who want the managers head after 3.5 months, a squad overturn, a 3rd place in the league but some bad results in the last few weeks? No. But can I understand fans turning on a manager after 1.5 seasons turning Arsenal into a turd team with no horizon of hope of hope? Yes. That is all. The toxic atmo stuff is bollocks or better yet it is what it is because what is happening on the pitch. Fans have all the right to complain right now and it's not because it is Wenger toxic, but because the team is **** cause of Emery and because Wenger was fired for that and the guy to come after him has actually managed to make the team worse.

How is Mislintat's signings doing?

Toby

Food for thought for the Arteta inners and outers.

Nice and all, but I'm basically a technical coach focused exactly on such stuff as Arteta points outs here like body positioning and movement and the like, but a) just because I know that and can try and teach it I'm not a head coach per se, and b) just because I'm good at that stuff I'm not per se a good head coach; I know I'm not ready to take over my youth team cause I've got to learn a lot more about leading a team and finding out what's important in different instances. Sometimes you got to make a technical or tactical point, sometimes it's about motivation or self believe. Whatever. Just because you're good at telling someone how to position and behave themselves in a certain situation doesn't make you a good manager overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom