• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

One thing I will say is that Leicester, particularly Vardy and Maddison are massively outperforming their xG stats.

It did for us last year even with super clinical strikers and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them have a collapse, even with an “easy” run of games.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

One thing I will say is that Leicester, particularly Vardy and Maddison are massively outperforming their xG stats.

It did for us last year even with super clinical strikers and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them have a collapse, even with an “easy” run of games.

Do you genuinely believe that, under Emery, we can get top 4?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We had a run of winnable games where I thought we'd settle comfortably into 3rd, where we've scraped a couple of points. I believe the squad is good enough to go on a run of unbeaten games but the mindset doesn't seem to be there.

I voted 4th, I now think we'll be lucky to scrape 6th. I think it is indeed Europa League or bust but given the poor displays against Vitoria (one could be a blip, but TWO?) it's likely to be bust.

mpower2540

Hate to say it but we might have to start really pushing for the Europa League if we want champions league football which leads me to believe why they’re so hesitant in getting rid of Emery.

Unless Chelsea or Leicester suffer major injuries or blow up in form I just think they’re stronger than us right now even with a different manager. I mean our defence and midfield is absolutely pitiful for a side with champions league aspirations.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

350.png

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Think Chelsea is the one who has the biggest chance of going in a period of bad form during the season of the 'established top 4'. Young squad, can see them drop in confidence. But then again, Ngolo Kante n dat.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Arsenal is on par with promoted Sheffield on 17 points, but even has a worse goal difference than them. ****ing -1. It's a joke anyone is still backing Emery and the guy is still in charge. Should've been sacked right after the Leicester game. Top 4 is settled with Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Leicester. It's gone for Arsenal. Chances are higher United and Sp**s will get better and Arsenal will even drop out of the Top 6.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Arsenal is on par with promoted Sheffield on 17 points, but even has a worse goal difference than them. ****ing -1. It's a joke anyone is still backing Emery and the guy is still in charge. Should've been sacked right after the Leicester game. Top 4 is settled with Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Leicester. It's gone for Arsenal. Chances are higher United and Sp**s will get better and Arsenal will even drop out of the Top 6.

With Emery in charge and huge discomfort of the fans toward him and especially select players, we'll be lucky if we finish in the top half of table come May.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I don't understand the boards mentality. Surely just if you look at it financially, what it will take to stay competitive. The assets we will lose. A new 75 mil investment mismanaged. Zero chance of champions league money.

Its not even a cynical business decision. Its either false economy, or just plain failure to act.

GoonerJay24

I don't understand the boards mentality. Surely just if you look at it financially, what it will take to stay competitive. The assets we will lose. A new 75 mil investment mismanaged. Zero chance of champions league money.

Its not even a cynical business decision. Its either false economy, or just plain failure to act.

Loyalty to employees

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
At least Chelsea are not in the EL. United we will beat I reckon. Surprised at how good we were against Napoli and Valencia in hindsight. Brushed them off

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
At least Chelsea are not in the EL. United we will beat I reckon. Surprised at how good we were against Napoli and Valencia in hindsight. Brushed them off

That was last season. Which was a real mixed bag. A few dreadful games, Quite a lot of games which were just a war of attrition. But also some games where we turned it on and looked really good. Like the Valancia and Napoli games. Similar games against Sp**s, Chlesea, Liverpool and Man utd. We definitely had some fight in us. We resembled a team.

Can you see us even producing one game like that this season? At the moment I can't see it. We are closer to losing a game 5 or 6 nil than beating a decent team.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

I think their 9-0 match against Southampton is skewing the numbers a bit tbf. They scored 9 goals off of 4 xG. They’re still over performing a significant amount in terms of xG/xGA so there’s definitely room for regression.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Top 4 is gone, we'll not survive December and it'll take an epic implosion from either Leicester or Chelsea in any case for us to make up the difference. We're just not putting together a consistent run under Emery and by the time he's sacked top 4 will be well out of reach. What a pointless season this is turning out to be.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom