• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Orel Mangala

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The 21 year old plays for VfB Stuttgart in the Bundesliga 2, but also represents Belgium at U21 level.

Currently away with the national group he’s been speaking to HLN, and it gave the Belgian newspaper chance to bring up interest in the player from elsewhere.

Having spent last season on loan at Hamburg, the youngster received ‘concrete interest’ in the summer, with Arsenal being one of the clubs keen.

Lyon were prepared to pay €12m, according to the claims, whilst Marseille, Lille, AS Roma and Arsenal also ‘sniffed’ around. There was also a €20m offer, but Mangala’s entourage wants to keep the identity of the bidding club a secret, because the interest stills exists.

Quizzed on a potential winter move, HLN quote Mangala as saying: “Leave in the winter? Anything is possible. If I had the money, I would buy myself. You know, it is good to hear such amounts. It is an appreciation for my work. That is always nice.”

Stuttgart are said to have wanted €30m in the summer, an unrealistic amount. Arsenal, should they wish to move in January, probably wouldn’t want to go as far as the €20m figure, given this is a player in Germany’s second division.

So far this season, the central midfielder has played 13 matches for Stuttgart, who are third in the Bundesliga 2.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Eerily similar description to the kid that died a few years ago. Is it the same surname?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

He's good but not Arsenal level, yet. Something like Lyon seems his level right now. He's very complete, can play 6, 8 and 10. He can pass, he can dribble, he's physical, he can put in a defensive shift.

Last season he was very good at 6 for Hamburg, this season he's mostly used as an 8. He still looking for consistency and that next step, though. He can become a great player, but he's still got a lot of work to do.

He will come costly as he's in Stuttgart's plans.

HBL

Established Member
Eerily similar description to the kid that died a few years ago. Is it the same surname?
Junior Malanda, was highly rated as well.

I like Orel Mangala, catch the odd Stuggart game when they play on a Friday or Monday, would be good squad option for now.

Top Bottom