• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
My last FIFA game I've had has been 18 on PS3, there is a big difference between new players & previous original players, this squad now is so much more competitive then FIFA 18, Saka, Pepe, Martinelli, Willock (stats today) Guendouzi (stats), Tierney, Cellabos (despite loan) Luiz are so much more competitive then the players in FIFA 18. We should be competing so much higher with this squad we have this year. Why aren't we?
This is convincing evidence for me

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
pQn-_F9v

I'll take big Mik if he brings Foden and Sane with him

There is no place in this club for Arteta if he’s going to freeze out Özil.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
we can all do teams like that, and just call them 'Arteta's Arsenal' or 'whoever you want Arsenal team'

GDeep™

League is very weak
Said it months ago, feel stronger about it now. Bring Wenger back as footballing consultant or figurehead, and hire a young manager who knows Arsenal, Arteta or Vieira. Think this club is now lacking identity and leadership.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Is he kidnapping them? Or why should they come with him?
Probably a 1% chance it happens but Sane's contract expires soon and he's not signing a new one, and Man City might go for Aouar to replace David Silva rather than give the role to Foden.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
My last FIFA game I've had has been 18 on PS3, there is a big difference between new players & previous original players, this squad now is so much more competitive then FIFA 18, Saka, Pepe, Martinelli, Willock (stats today) Guendouzi (stats), Tierney, Cellabos (despite loan) Luiz are so much more competitive then the players in FIFA 18. We should be competing so much higher with this squad we have this year. Why aren't we?
Like me, you're ahead of the curve, sir. People here are afraid of cold numbers. We just need to somehow nerf the attributes of our rivals and we're good.

Kysus

Hiring Arsenal legends just for the sake of it makes no sense.
I want someone with the potential of being an elite tactican and the chance of that being the case with Vieira or Henry is rather slim to say the least.
Arteta on the other hand seems to have all the tools for becoming an elite manager and not really much of a risky appointment either as he won't be worse than Emery

Kav

Established Member
We need defensive solidity at the moment. We already have the players capable of scoring.

Henry is now the coach of MLS side Montreal. So we will see how well he does.

As for Vieira we know what kind of attributes he brings. I think he’d make a better coach than Arteta. However Arteta does seem like he breathes football.

zilfy

Arteta on the other hand seems to have all the tools for becoming an elite manager and not really much of a risky appointment either as he won't be worse than Emery
"Not being worse than Emery" is not raising the bar high enough. The new manager needs to have a much, much greater impact than Emery has had.

In saying that though Arteta does look like a decent option to me

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I think we should go all in for Ten Hag this summer. After Bayern fired Kovac there were a lot of rumours that he would go to Bayern, he said not during the season. TD Overmars said they wouldn’t stand in Ten Hag’s way after the season, like they stand in nobody’s way. They try to keep players and coaches with a good work environment and contract but if they want to go they can go.

I know you guys like to take the piss out of Ajax collapsing but look what they did at Stamford Bridge. They were leading by 1-4 before that double red card penalty situation.

Look at his team on the day:
mdytlq.jpeg

The numbers on their backs are millions of euros spent on the player. Nico Pepe is as expensive as that whole squad.

But more importantly, look at the amount of attacking players, the football. You have a ballplaying centreback in Blind, two attacking fullbacks, Donny van de Beek as one of the defensive midfielders, he played cam last year. Ziyech in cam, two wingers and a footballing false striker in Tadic. Away at stamford bridge! Our current manager would play Torreira as a defensive striker if he could ffs...

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I think we should go all in for Ten Hag this summer. After Bayern fired Kovac there were a lot of rumours that he would go to Bayern, he said not during the season. TD Overmars said they wouldn’t stand in Ten Hag’s way after the season, like they stand in nobody’s way. They try to keep players and coaches with a good work environment and contract but if they want to go they can go.

I know you guys like to take the piss out of Ajax collapsing but look what they did at Stamford Bridge. They were leading by 1-4 before that double red card penalty situation.

Look at his team on the day:
mdytlq.jpeg

The numbers on their backs are millions of euros spent on the player. Nico Pepe is as expensive as that whole squad.

But more importantly, look at the amount of attacking players, the football. You have a ballplaying centreback in Blind, two attacking fullbacks, Donny van de Beek as one of the defensive midfielders, he played cam last year. Ziyech in cam, two wingers and a footballing false striker in Tadic. Away at stamford bridge! Our current manager would play Torreira as a defensive striker if he could ffs...
If I'm not wrong Nagelsmann, Marco Rose, Ten Haag have all been linked with the Bayern job. They can't have all three. I'd be delighted with any one of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom