• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

For once the wife might not have to cajole me to go Quebec...granted it is a wee little trek from Trois Rivieres to Montreal. Though nothing compared to the flight from Norway.

I've been to numerous hockey games in Canada, writing off the football as pointless, but perhaps I should reconsider now.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I try to focus my energy these days on ....Carlsen in chess but...are all doing badly too. S

Magnus did well until the Fischer chess. The final against So was shocking though, absolutely dreadful. I was impressed with Wesley So, he seemed a really sporting gentleman. They way he allowed Jan Nepo to restart the game in the semi final was very sporting, even though he did not have to.

I think it could be a fun World Championship to see him against Magnus. With Caruana it just became too predictable.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
That would be great. I also hope Messi or Mbappe comes too!

My point is these coaches are the cream of the crop, would they really want to come to this train wreck of a club right now?
Well one of the reasons why we are a train wreck of a club right now is that we have a train wreck of a coach. You gotta aim higher if you want to get better. There's still a good foundation for a coach to work with. Good youth setup, some good first team players, world class facilities, etc.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

If we are looking a successful Arsenal legend then its Kolo Toure all the way. Invincible as a player and coach just a shame he doesnt use an I Pad :lol:

Him and Freddie. Arsenal and Celtic connection :)

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I reckon for the next 3 years we need an experienced hand at the wheel. Brendan Rodgers has proven me wrong and has shown his quality.

Give it to him for the next three seasons ( 2 + 1 ). Thereafter hopefully there will be some room for Titi/Mikel/Santi/Freddie.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
the queue of players wanting out is growing by the minute, though it sounds as if booting out Emery before the end of the season, and probably before the January transfer window, will reverse the trend

the Board must act now, otherwise Emery's successor will inherit a team containing only those players no one else wants

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Mkhi had soe interesting comments published yesterday as well.

“He paid more attention to tactics, so my role changed,” said Mkhitaryan. “I was starting as a winger, but had to build play with the defensive midfielder.

“It’s why I couldn’t contribute as many goals or assists.

“I like to play more freely and move wherever there’s space, but you have to do the job that the manager asks.”

Read more at https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...-emery-roma-goals-assists#GLQPodWdOQksAihs.99

Surely emery must go.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He is on his way, its just a question of when.

Honestly, Im willing to write off this season if it means he goes and we put our Freddie in charge until the summer. Last thing I want is for us to choose foolishly just to make top 4.

Kysus

Let's be honest, Emery is the rebound after our big love.
We went for the opposite and in the beginning it even felt good even though the sex eh i mean football was awful.
We just needed someone to fill the hole in our hearts.
Time to stop giving the poor chap hope, never going to work out.
Be a man and end it.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Just wait till the 'Patience guys' brigade show up, they'll tell you all about how we were in a downward spiral when he arrived

WebbedLeafyAtlanticbluetang-small.gif

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Interesting that all the noises are coming out now. The club thought a two week break would be beneficial. They are seriously underestimating the reaction the fans will have. With Wenger it was a split camp. It's pretty safe to say the entire fan base is Emery out. What makes it worse is that more information keeps coming out.

- The Miki interview
- The Koscielny article.
- Why were Monreal, Kos, Miki and Iwobi so keen to leave?
- Torreira has now made it public that he doesn't like where he is playing.
- Bellerin coming out and saying he likes Italy.
- Auba and Laca still not signing
- Xhaka making his position more untenable each passing day.

Can you imagine the reaction if we draw or lose to Southampton at home? It is going to be visceral.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Mkhi had soe interesting comments published yesterday as well.

Surely emery must go.
This doesnt frustrate me much. The player listened to the manager as he tried to implement new tactics. If anything that's a tick in Emerys favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom