• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlito'sway

Established Member
This club should be on the phone to Potch right now with the intent on sacking Emery after the Southampton game.
Start acting like a big club with ambitions.

I am still in the Arteta camp but would not mind at all if Arsenal hires Poch. Interestingly enough, they played together at PSG in the 90's.
Poch will go places. He is a talented manager and worth a call from Arsenal.

Malky

Established Member
Couldn’t we just match the severance package though?

Would be like poaching a manager from a smaller club.
Thought the same (if there is a clause in the deal when Poch was sacked) the very most we'll need to do is pay a few million in compensation towards Sp**s.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Pochettino is not worth thinking about.. He won't consider us, even if he didn't care about going to a rival(and it seems like he does going by his previous comments on Barca), there's very little to gain for him coming here over the other options he will have. Not like the Sol situation at all.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Rodgers is probably the manager that makes the most sense now, unfortunately I doubt he is available until the summer. At least not for a fee our board would consider. Indeed, why would he come at all? The pressure is low at Leicester, he has a good team there.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...th-pipeline-Sp**s-manager-shock-unfolded.html

They really have to find someone that knows the Premier League and can do the job from day one. We can't afford more good ebenings...

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

That would be interesting, would free up Ten Hag potentially.

Still don’t back this board though, can genuinely see some banter scenario where Emery gets the rest of the year and we get Valverde when he’s sacked by Barca.
I’ve got one problem with Ten Hag and that is that we don’t have the players to play his football. Some young ones can adapt, but most of the older ones will not.

Our goalkeeper isn’t very good on the ball and his distribution is meh. None of our centrebacks are good enough on the ball. David Luiz should be but he plays a lot of risky passes too. Our fullbacks can cope. In midfield I think we are ok, Torreira will have to play much safer and cut out the loose balls. But Ten Hag loves the double 6 midfield so I think he would be a starter.

Nico Pepe will absolutely flourish under Ten Hag for the simple reason that he will receive the ball in much more 1v1 situations and higher on the pitch. His dribbling is so good and we don’t utilize it enough. We ask him to take the ball from the midfield line to the box ffs.

One big issue I see is Aubameyang. I love our new captain and I think he’s an elite goalscorer. But on the ball he’s not good. Passing, dribbling, close control. All lacking. In Ten Hag’s football the striker is more playmaker than striker of the team. Who has the most assists at Ajax? Tadic.

If Arsenal contact Ten Hag I think he would ask for another clear out. I’m not sure we are prepared to do that since we rebuilt a lot of our squad in the last 3 years already.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
EJzcbd-FWw-AAt-U63.jpg

@Rex Banner something similar for Poch I would imagine

I think at a club were the owner send email to the secretaries that they need to save money everywhere they can that we are going to finish the contract with Emery to save money.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Surely clauses like that are waved when the manager get sacked? Or maybe they can make a deal for less payout to remove the clause?
Maybe but Poch has no reason take less than the £12.5m he was owed since he'll have plenty of options abroad. Same thing with Mourinho at the time since he wasn't going to replace SAF/Wenger/Benitez at their clubs and Man City were not the club they are today, so not being able to manage in England for two years was not really an issue.

Maybe but Poch has no reason take less than the £12.5m he was owed since he'll have plenty of options abroad. Same thing with Mourinho at the time since he wasn't going to replace SAF/Wenger/Benitez at their clubs and Man City were not the club they are today, so not being able to manage in England for two years was not really an issue.

Just glad we can put this Poch to Arsenal idea to bed now and choke it and pretend it was never discussed on here.

Reactions: A_G

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Wait he signed a 3.5 year deal? How stupid is Levy?

Why? How much should he have got?

Mourinho has a say in that as well, and you gotta give him trust from the beginning.

Think he's there for the long run. That's what he's stated, he wants more support from the board than he's got in previous clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom