• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kav

Established Member
ALL of this is just noise right now. We missed a chance to do something before the managerial merry go round began. Once again our board or Executive Management has found a way to screw over our beloved club with their dithering.

Moves are being made and we are still playing with our thumbs. Emery needs to go immediately. Get Count Dracula out of our club.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Why? How much should he have got?

Mourinho has a say in that as well, and you gotta give him trust from the beginning.

Think he's there for the long run. That's what he's stated, he wants more support from the board than he's got in previous clubs.
I think they should have gone this season + 1 and have discussions again a year from now.

Simple reason is the state Sp**s are in now, and the uncertainty about their squad next year. Realistically they need to replace Vertonghen, Alderweireld, and at least one of Aurier/Rose. You have your star midfielder with Eriksen that needs to be replaced (Lo Celso ain’t it) and they still haven’t found somebody to replace Dembele. Maybe Ndombele was meant to be the guy but he’s more box to box than holding. Mourinho will at least ask for one defensive midfielder to be added to the squad. So I count at least 4-5 big signings. Levy cannot provide that, add in a bad start to next season and they could be in a toxic mess again knowing Mourinho.

Hey it’s their problem, I hope it all goes to ****. But that’s my reasoning why a 3.5 year contract is too long.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
How can people be thinking jose would be worse than Unai? Most people who think this seem to refer to how " toxic" he is. Look at the state of our team right now.
jose ask for long contracts, he is very expensive and he always leaves in a bad manner. We are the Alexander McQueen of football and he wears Versace.
He was never an option.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I think they should have gone this season + 1 and have discussions again a year from now.

Simple reason is the state Sp**s are in now, and the uncertainty about their squad next year. Realistically they need to replace Vertonghen, Alderweireld, and at least one of Aurier/Rose. You have your star midfielder with Eriksen that needs to be replaced and they still haven’t found somebody to replace Dembele. Maybe Ndombele was meant to be the guys but he’s more box to box than holding. Mourinho will at least ask for one defensive midfielder to be added to the squad. So I count at least 4-5 big signings. Levy cannot provide that, add in a bad start to next season and they could be in a toxic mess again knowing Mourinho.

Hey it’s their problem, I hope it all goes to ****. But that’s my reasoning.

That's why they gave him a bit more I think. It will take time to fill the holes. Besides Mourinho wouldn't have gone with such a short contract, no way.

But yeah, **** them. Hope they crash and burn.

razörist

That's why they gave him a bit more I think. It will take time to fill the holes. Besides Mourinho wouldn't have gone with such a short contract, no way.

Yeah I can see why Mourinho wants the lenght, another 40M pay out when he blows up his third premier league club. Glad he’s not our problem.

If only Emerîshka was gone life would be perfect.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Need Valverde to be sacked and hired by another team on the spot so we are not stuck with another one of Raul's pals.

Need the merry go round of manager changes this summer to leave us with the options of Tuchel or Ten Hag. So, that's Potch to Bayern and Allegri to United?

Malky

Established Member
Yeah that’s what I thought, such clause can’t be inserted with a sacking.

Doesn’t matter anyway, nothing at Arsenal that would appeal to Potch - think he’ll have people at Utd, Real, PSG interested now. Maybe Italy too.
Unfortunately can't really argue with this. The other clubs you mentioned would provide Potch with the funds to build his team and back him financially (one of the main reasons behind his falling out with Levy)
The best outcome we could probably hope for is PSG going for him and we could get Tuchel?

Predicates

Couldn’t we just match the severance package though?

Would be like poaching a manager from a smaller club.

He wouldn't want to join us anyway. Bayern, PSG and Real will all come calling in the summer, so he won't settle for Arsenal.

I wouldn't want him anyway. At Sp**s he alienated half the dressing room, bottled multiple league and cup titles, and had them playing like relegation contenders after February 2019. The fluke UCL run papered over the cracks.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Is Levy going to spend though? He did this year but he’s been cheap going back years.

Why? How much should he have got?

Mourinho has a say in that as well, and you gotta give him trust from the beginning.

Think he's there for the long run. That's what he's stated, he wants more support from the board than he's got in previous clubs.

Yeah its getting a bit tired with people on here thinking that managers just like to be caretakers and/or take 1-2 year jobs...

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I'd take Arteta in a heartbeat. Emery is turning into a car crash. Top 4 has already gone.

Still can't believe the massive amount of support for a blank card like Arteta. With him it's really just hearsay. If Arteta really is everyone's choice just because what people say about him and because he is Pep's assistant, shouldn't you all be over Domenec Torrent, who's the mega Arteta?

There's an interview with both Pep and Torrent on youtube on NYCFC's channel and Pep spills the same **** about Torrent that he does about Arteta, that he's good at analyzing games, helped him settle in an become a coach, etc. etc. Now look what happened to that guy in the US.

If people are looking for an almost completely fresh face, I'd rather go for Robert Moreno. He's got serious credentials as an assistant and his 9 game stint at Spain has been pretty good. 9 games, none lost, players said to respect him. Still a risk but far less of one than Arteta.

Toby

I’ve got one problem with Ten Hag and that is that we don’t have the players to play his football. Some young ones can adapt, but most of the older ones will not.

Our goalkeeper isn’t very good on the ball and his distribution is meh. None of our centrebacks are good enough on the ball. David Luiz should be but he plays a lot of risky passes too. Our fullbacks can cope. In midfield I think we are ok, Torreira will have to play much safer and cut out the loose balls. But Ten Hag loves the double 6 midfield so I think he would be a starter.

Nico Pepe will absolutely flourish under Ten Hag for the simple reason that he will receive the ball in much more 1v1 situations and higher on the pitch. His dribbling is so good and we don’t utilize it enough. We ask him to take the ball from the midfield line to the box ffs.

One big issue I see is Aubameyang. I love our new captain and I think he’s an elite goalscorer. But on the ball he’s not good. Passing, dribbling, close control. All lacking. In Ten Hag’s football the striker is more playmaker than striker of the team. Who has the most assists at Ajax? Tadic.

If Arsenal contact Ten Hag I think he would ask for another clear out. I’m not sure we are prepared to do that since we rebuilt a lot of our squad in the last 3 years already.

Ten Hag is Bayern's guy anyway. He'll either surprisingly join them in January, or Bayern see out the season with Flick who'll do good enough because he's nice and soft to the right players in Munich.

razörist

Ten Hag is Bayern's guy anyway. He'll either surprisingly join them in January, or Bayern see out the season with Flick who'll do good enough because he's nice and soft to the right players in Munich.
Ten Hag isn’t leaving before the summer.

Toby

Ten Hag isn’t leaving before the summer.

I actually do believe him when he says that because he potentially could have another great season with Ajax. Then again he also left Utrecht during the season to join the bigger Ajax, so I'd never say never.

My guess right now is that Flick will take care of Bayern til summer and then Ten Hag will join them in July.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I can see why Mourinho wants the lenght, another 40M pay out when he blows up his third premier league club. Glad he’s not our problem.

If only Emerîshka was gone life would be perfect.
Mourinho wins the league with Chelsea, he leaves and they win the league again. United finish 2nd once since Ferguson left and are now onto their 4th manager. The manager that finished second, Mourinho. The most successful United manager post Ferguson. Even Ole has done a clear out of problem children Alexis and Lukaku and he is still having issues with Pogba. Conte had problems with Hazard and co.

Easy to identify the manager as the problem rather than underlying causes being the players themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom