• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I actually do believe him when he says that because he potentially could have another great season with Ajax. Then again he also left Utrecht during the season to join the bigger Ajax, so I'd never say never.

My guess right now is that Flick will take care of Bayern til summer and then Ten Hag will join them in July.
Who are the other candidates for the Bayern job bar Ten Hag?

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
No fees for Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld though.

Things could get really bad if they’re not careful.

I know this will all end in tears eventually as lads it’s Jose, but I somewhat worry that those players running down their contracts currently will resign now that Jose is the manager.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Who are the other candidates for the Bayern job bar Ten Hag?

Afaik Allegri was a candidate but they decided against another non-German speaking Italian.

Rangnick was a thought, but he turned them down as a non fit.

Nagelsmann of course but he's doing his thing at Leipzig now.

They'll certainly look at Potch, but the language will be an issue, as well as his rather pragmatic approach, whereas Bayern want to get back to the dominant possession style.

Tuchel is always on their radar but I cannot see him leaving PSG.

Not too many others out there.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Afaik Allegri was a candidate but they decided against another non-German speaking Italian.

Rangnick was a thought, but he turned them down as a non fit.

Nagelsmann of course but he's doing his thing at Leipzig now.

They'll certainly look at Potch, but the language will be an issue, as well as his rather pragmatic approach, whereas Bayern want to get back to the dominant possession style.

Tuchel is always on their radar but I cannot see him leaving PSG.

Not too many others out there.

The Freiburg manager seems to do a solid job, the Gladbach gaffer as well. Do you think any of those could be a choice for the summer? Xabi Alonso seem to be held in high regard as well.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
The Freiburg manager seems to do a solid job, the Gladbach gaffer as well. Do you think any of those could be a choice for the summer? Xabi Alonso seem to be held in high regard as well.

Streich will never leave Freiburg. Think if he ever has to go or steps down, he'll go back to training in their academy. He's a local boy, he's been with that club since the mid 90s and that whole thing there is its very own microcosm - I wouldn't know if he works out anywhere else as good as he does in Freiburg. Also, he hates the publicity and luxury associated with the modern game/players, so I guess Bayern would be a non fit just because of that.

Marco Rose is in the same situation as Nagelsmann right now, they both just started this summer. Just like Nagelsmann, he seems a level headed guy who's still very young and knows he's probably got 20 more years to manage and that it's better to go your way and grow than to just jump on the first opportunity to manage a club like Bayern and maybe burn your hands forever - kind of like the Tedesco situation who jumped from Aue straight to Schalke, burned his hands and is now in Russia.

They do like Xabi Alonso but I don't think they'll give it to a youth manager. That Bayern dressing rooms needs a good man manager and someone who can get players on his side via good football. Alonso is just too young and inexperienced for that.

Manberg

Predator
Our next 6 fixtures should be easy. It would by typical if we start winning some and people will go back to Emery in.

blaze_of_glory

You can say the appointment and failures of Emery to secure a relatively straightforward top 4 in 2 years will put the club back many years.

This isn’t the fault of Emery, but the people who hired him.
It's both. We could easily have been in CL this year if not for stupid decisions by Emery in the last months of last season. Those who hired him should now be firing him, so that part lies with them.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You can say the appointment and failures of Emery to secure a relatively straightforward top 4 in 2 years will put the club back many years.

Being inept is definitely Emery's fault, but it is also the fault of those who hired him.

Emery merely can't get any better, but his mistakes are still his fault..

Like if we had a player that was a massive liability and a coach that kept on playing him. His mistakes would be both of their faults.

ChefMan21

Unfortunately can't really argue with this. The other clubs you mentioned would provide Potch with the funds to build his team and back him financially (one of the main reasons behind his falling out with Levy)
The best outcome we could probably hope for is PSG going for him and we could get Tuchel?
I have a weird feeling this is what might happen - Tuchel out (and to us), Poch to PSG, ten Hag to Bayern. Wasn't Nagelsmann a product of Tuchel?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Being inept is definitely Emery's fault, but it is also the fault of those who hired him.

Emery merely can't get any better, but his mistakes are still his fault..

Like if we had a player that was a massive liability and a coach that kept on playing him. His mistakes would be both of their faults.
I don't necessarily blame the club for hiring Emery (although Rodgers was the obvious choice but fan sentiment really put them off and the club should have had more bottle to go through with a preferred option)

Emery had a decent CV not great nor terrible. I can see why we would appoint him if we wanted a manager not to rock the fan base. The problem with the club is they failure to recognise he isnt the right man now and that he needs to go. That squarely rests with the higher ups.

Emery too I think.

But when the history of Arsenal will be viewed in 30 years I think the main focus will be on Gazidis. The man was like he had fully stoned infinity gauntlet aimed at destroying this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom