• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Damn! I forget that mentioning the squad cost comes to this inevitable answer from expert and the endless “finishing is how much you spent”
There's no avoiding the truth, bro ;)

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
There’s too much hysteria on here at times. He’s simply being positive and saying if we win 3 games in a row we could be in “touching “ distance..

I know we are playing bad but some people seem to actually enjoy being negative.
Just look at our schedule for December & you'll get why I enjoy being negative

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
People are mad, we don't want an ex Sp**s manager.

It's bad enough we've bought a Chelsea reject CB without taking a Sp**s cast off.

Where's our pride gone. Not long ago we were the envy of the Premiership, beautiful football, top 4 without buying it, FA Cups r us, every neutral supporters team, and a manager with dignity and class.

Now look, grovelling for a sacked Sp**s manager. Ffs

Wonder what your reaction to Campbell would be if it had happened today.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Big Sol hadn’t just been sacked by Sp**s tbf, they were desperate to keep him...which made it all the sweeter :drool:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
There's no avoiding the truth, bro ;)
According to your theory we will never be champions because there is no chance we are going to spend more money than any top 4. So there is no point in football If all is about spending money

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

According to your theory we will never be champions because there is no chance we are going to spend more money than any top 4. So there is no point in football If all is about spending money
It's not my theory ffs :lol: It's what happens.

Anyway Leicester made it . . . once in 140 years, so you never can tell. Long odds come up sometimes.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You mean a choice between a manager learning with the best at the top of the Premiership, or a guy managing a team about to be relegated from League 1, mmmmm, I'll have to think about that. :lol:

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I don't necessarily blame the club for hiring Emery (although Rodgers was the obvious choice but fan sentiment really put them off and the club should have had more bottle to go through with a preferred option)

Emery had a decent CV not great nor terrible. I can see why we would appoint him if we wanted a manager not to rock the fan base. The problem with the club is they failure to recognise he isnt the right man now and that he needs to go. That squarely rests with the higher ups.

Most people can understand why Emery was hired, but that doesn't mean it was a good hire. However, not firing him is worse than hiring him because it is so obvious that he is not good enough.

Yet one action being worse than the other doesn't mean that the less egregious action has become good.

Hiring Emery was a bad decision, but understandable. Not firing Emery is a worse decision, and very hard to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom