• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I only really know 4 or 5 Arsenal fans in real life and I happened to see one of them last night at a local pool league match. He thinks Emery is doing a really good job and thinks sacking him would be a ridiculous knee jerk reaction, I was too flabbergasted and lost for words to argue with him!
@teamsoutheast was at your local pool league match? Small world.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I only really know 4 or 5 Arsenal fans in real life and I happened to see one of them last night at a local pool league match. He thinks Emery is doing a really good job and thinks sacking him would be a ridiculous knee jerk reaction, I was too flabbergasted and lost for words to argue with him!
You should have punched him on the nose. That oughta wake him up from his honey boo boo land.

I'd not just simply rule out Poch as a target.

- he obviously fell out with Levy. He will want to prove something.

- he's been respectful to arsenal despite the rivalry

- he's proven to be able bring to another level to every player.

- Spanish/south American ties with Arsenal's senior management

- he can work with limited funds. And we can give him more than what he had.

Why not?
I'd at least give him the role now as a caretaker until the end of the season with an option to give him a full-time role if we get in touching distance to the top four by the end of the season, play some good attacking football and if he has viable ideas on how to get us to be a PL challenging team again.

Although he hasn't won a title yet, he got Sp**s challenging for the PL for some period of time in two out of his 5 seasons there. Hell, he even finished second in 16/17 I reckon.

Unfortunately, the Arsenal fans' pride will yet again get in the way of a quality manager just because of some **** with Sp**s as it happened with Rogers. People need to know that we no longer have Wenger to bail us out of having some poor quality players and we are in real threat of becoming a top 6-7 team if we don't make the right decisions going forward.

Ashybashy86

Find it crazy that there's people so against bringing Potch here to replace a bum like Emery, yet the same people are so in support of Arteta taking over with absolutely zero managerial experience.
Potch would have our squad playing great football, and would, more than likely, win trophies here. Plus it would add extra spice to the NLD games. :drool:
He's a serial bottlejob. I still can't believe his decision to drop Lucas Moura, and play an unfit Kane in the biggest game of his career, and then cry like a big baby after the inevitable defeat.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Pochettino is really highly regarded (linked to real/barca/united last summer). Even this forum i'd say is 3/4 on Poch is great narrative.

With that said, look how player power and the dressing room unrest derailed their season. Mostly to do with perceived negative approach and fatigue due to demanding style.

So, is Unai all that bad, or is there a greater issue with our squad failing under two managers now?

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
He's a serial bottlejob. I still can't believe his decision to drop Lucas Moura, and play an unfit Kane in the biggest game of his career, and then cry like a big baby after the inevitable defeat.
Still not as bad as 40-15:lol:

Last edited:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
16-9

Would smash our current team without doubt!
How much is the squad cost of this team?

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Don't think he is getting sacked through the season. It's just not typical of us to do this. We are probably not gonna renew his contract this summer.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Just look at our schedule for December & you'll get why I enjoy being negative
I understand your concern there but I am talking about Holding’s comments here. He was speaking about the next 3 games which is the right mentality to have, if our team start worrying about December they’re gonna drop points in the mean time

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Don't think he is getting sacked through the season. It's just not typical of us to do this. We are probably not gonna renew his contract this summer.

How do you know what is typical for us? The leadership is all different and we had the same relatively successful manager for the last 22 years. We haven’t seen the club in this situation before.

Wryer

I'd at least give him the role now as a caretaker until the end of the season with an option to give him a full-time role if we get in touching distance to the top four by the end of the season, play some good attacking football and if he has viable ideas on how to get us to be a PL challenging team again.

That would be a weeeee bit chewing too large a chunk. It was the lack of faith from the Sp**s board that got him into trouble. So I think there's no way to get him here without the full works.

Alas, not going to happen. Was just suggesting we could try a cheeky one. :)

scytheavatar

Established Member

That's the whole point of why I want to see Emery sacked: it would be a massive statement of intent that business is no longer as usual in our club. Refusing to do that is evidence that our club hasn't learnt at all from the failures from the past seasons and Raul is just Gazidis in disguise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom