• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

José Mourinho: See Mou Later

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He was in good form today, looks like the time out of the game might've done him some good:

Wasn’t the quote from 2007, after he had been sacked the first time...I think what he meant to say, was that no other good team would have him!

Reactions: A_G

Mohamed7

Lloris
Aurier Alderwiereld Vertonghen Rose
Dier Ndombele
Son Alli Lucas
Kane
Everything is in place for Mourinho to hit the ground running especially in the short term. Expect Sp**s to rack up the points in the coming weeks/months. It might be a different story come summer time but I think this'll go quite well in the short term.
I think he will bench Ali and go with Erickson number 10. Also, I believe Dier will not start but Sissoko or Wanyama. He will need one more winger and at least one defensive fullback in January.

He does have the typical Mourinho line up (Chelsea 2005) that's physically strong and hard to break down.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sadly, he'll do very well for them the next couple of seasons. The wheels will probably come off as per usual, but he'll do well.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s acting humble because he has to, the guy was unemployed for a year and is back at Sp**s, he’s got no choice but to act humble.

No arrogance, no bravado, no “special one” talk. The guy is at Sp**s and knows he’s up against it, so here is Humblinho.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Humblinho taking a dig at Pogba too when talking about top players who just care about themselves and don’t improve those around them.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
You get the feeling that as soon as stuff goes wrong, all of them are going to be thrown under the parked bus in the blink of and eye, with mumblings of their inherent loser mentality being a factor.

Riou

Humblinho taking a dig at Pogba too when talking about top players who just care about themselves and don’t improve those around them.

Pogba was clearly the issue...not that plodder McTomminay, or wasting £40 million on Fred, it’s all on Paul...how dare he not turn those two into Vieira and Keane!

Still amazes me how Mesut did so well for him considering his personality, seemed like such a bad fit on paper.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think Mourinho is an absolute worldbeater whenever he's given total control of transfers and the locker room.
Didn’t he have that at Utd? Dalot, Lindelof, Lukaku, Ibra, Matic, Bailly etc were his signings. Pogba was signed under him but I’ll put that down as a Utd signing. Then there are rumours of him turning down guys like Van Dijk.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Pogba was clearly the issue...not that plodder McTomminay, or wasting £40 million on Fred, it’s all on Paul...how dare he not turn those two into Vieira and Keane!

Still amazes me how Mesut did so well for him considering his personality, seemed like such s bad fit on paper.
That's because Mesut does well with all his managers, until we gave him a manager that doesn't know his Attacking Mid from his arsehole, or his number 10 from his elbow.

Last edited:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Didn’t he have that at Utd? Dalot, Lindelof, Lukaku, Ibra, Matic, Bailly etc were his signings. Pogba was signed under him but I’ll put that down as a Utd signing. Then there are rumours of him turning down guys like Van Dijk.

Literally this. There's no clear transfer structure at United.

We signed Lindelof on the back of Mourinho saying that he watched Benfica play every weekend. Dalot was signed on the back of his Porto mates recommendation, Zlatan, Matic and Lukaku were signed because they were his mates/ex player.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Still amazes me how Mesut did so well for him considering his personality, seemed like such a bad fit on paper.

McTominay is a good player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s acting humble because he has to, the guy was unemployed for a year and is back at Sp**s, he’s got no choice but to act humble.

No arrogance, no bravado, no “special one” talk. The guy is at Sp**s and knows he’s up against it, so here is Humblinho.

He tried this at Utd which lasted about half a season, his management style is based around being a complete c*nt to everyone outside the club and most in it.

When things are getting a bit tense he’ll go full Jose.

Juan Matas Beard

Trusted ⭐

Maybe, but for United standards he shouldn’t be playing as many games as he does.

Prime Khedira behind Stokes attack would be rated different to Khedira behind Madrids attack. McTominay holds his end of the bargain, it's the creative players that need to step up in Pogba's absense.

His role is not a sexy position but the fact is McTominay is a fantastic box to box player and he gives 8/10 performances most weeks in his duties. Even Mourinho of all people gave him his debut and started him regularly and the majority of us have forgotten that Matic even plays for us.

Riou

Prime Khedira behind Stokes attack would look different to Khedira behind Madrids attack. McTominay holds his end of the bargain, it's the creative players that need to step up in Pogba's absense.

His role is not a sexy position but the fact is McTominay is a fantastic box to box player and he gives 8/10 performances most weeks in his duties. Even Mourinho of all people gave him his debut and started him regularly and the majority of us have forgotten that Matic even plays for us.

Guess if he had better players around him, he could do the Nicky Butt role...still don’t think he should be a starter.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom