• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
FFS we dont play Torreira as CDM because he is not tall enough? was Cazorla tall enough to play in centre midfield? what have we become my lord.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Mostly about the Raul stuff.

TBH, the Özil one is not totally out of place, and I agree the AMN thing read strange.

But the Raul politics, i can totally believe. He's a street fighter, is Raul
We already knew that Raul took on more responsibilities around the club after IG left, we don't need Arsenic to tell us.

There are so many reputable journalists who cover the PL who haven't reported any of this stuff, but because it's pro Özil/Anti Emery people will believe it regardless of the source.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
How so? Playing Özil to "look bad", AMN having to see a psychologist because Emery played him in defence despite Wenger doing the same? If people put their hatred of Emery aside, it sounds ridiculous.

This really.

Also I will never buy the story that the club/Raul forced Ramsey out...you can’t “force” someone out of a team, only for that person to go to a better team :lol:

I believe Juventus were in Ramsey’s ear for a while, telling him to run down his contract so they could get him on a free for big wages...and I don’t blame Aaron for leaving, Juventus in 2019 are a step up from Arsenal in 2019.

That being said, the board’s decisions recently have been ****ing stupid!

vantoure

We already knew that Raul took on more responsibilities around the club after IG left, we don't need Arsenic to tell us.

There are so many reputable journalists who cover the PL who haven't reported any of this stuff, but because it's pro Özil/Anti Emery people will believe it regardless of the source.

Not talking just about his increased responsibility.

About Complicity in the choice of Emery over Arteta. It's been popular belief here and elsewhere that Gazidis employed Emery and bailed on the club. This here is revealing, as to whose preference Emery was. This info is also backed by the widespread rumors after Wenger left, that Arteta was Ivan's favorite and likely successor. "those who know don't speak and those who speak don't know"

The choice of Emery allegedly by Raul, may also be a pointer to why Emery is still in a job.

Bonus points Re: Raul
- scheming Mislintat out of the club
- boardroom spat over Oleary

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

Ornstein said that the board didn’t want Özil to play (back when he was being frozen out last time) in case he had a good performance in fear of the fans liking him again and wanting him to play. That’s a lot more ridiculous than what is being said here which imo is most likely true.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
I’d take Zidane every f*cking day of the week if he was willing to come here.

Imagine giving scumbag Raul the same power Wenger had. Josh Kroenke is a noncé like his old man.
But does Zidane “know” the club? It sounds like they want their own Zidane, a Vieira, Freddie or Arteta.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The Ivan & Arteta stuff was always the thing that made sense. For that week of Arteta stories it was all Ivans boys in the media / blogs pushing the narrative. Only feasible reason that could justify leaving a few months later.

I just never put together Raul & Emery... If true had no idea Raul had that much power so early. Makes sense now why Emery still in a job.

The thing that worries me is how Emery & Arteta were the two 'best' options. ffs. :lol:

If true again no way Arteta is getting a look in next time round with Raul here.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

But does Zidane “know” the club? It sounds like they want their own Zidane, a Vieira, Freddie or Arteta.

Still don’t get why that’s such a big deal, you should hire the best candidate available for the job.

Sport is a meritocracy, what did Arsène have to do with the club when we appointed him?

Wouldn’t see this exciting, new look Liverpool do that, Kloppo was the best man for the job and they got him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This really.

Also I will never buy the story that the club/Raul forced Ramsey out...you can’t “force” someone out of a team, only for that person to go to a better team :lol:

I believe Juventus were in Ramsey’s ear for a while, telling him to run down his contract so they could get him on a free for big wages...and I don’t blame Aaron for leaving, Juventus in 2019 are a step up from Arsenal in 2019.

That being said, the board’s decisions recently have been ****ing stupid!

They took the contract off the table, so he was forced out.

Hexagon9

Still don’t get why that’s such a big deal, you should hire the best candidate available for the job.

Sport is a meritocracy, what did Arsène have to do with the club when we appointed him?

Wouldn’t see this exciting, new look Liverpool do that, Kloppo was the best man for the job and they got him.
I agree. In fact, it’s arguably better to get someone in with no knowledge or preconceptions of how the club and it’s staff operate.

We’re still at the stage of post-AW reconstruction so let’s get someone with a fresh perspective.

Riou

They took the contract off the table, so he was forced out.

Why in the blue hell would they do that?

Surely Juventus must have been in talks with his agent...Juve didn’t just see Ramsey for the first time wondering about free in the summer, and sign him there and then :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why in the blue hell would they do that?

Surely Juventus must have been in talks with his agent...Juve didn’t just see Ramsey for the first time wondering about free in the summer, and sign him there and then :lol:

I think Raul done it because he didn’t want Ramsey on 300K a week at Arsenal, on top of Özil.

Wenger and Ornstein have both said he wanted to stay, was even willing to take less than what he was asking, but a contract was taken off the table. It’s not up for debate he was pushed out.

Obviously there was contact with clubs for probably a year before he left, apparently Barca and PSG were interested too. Like Auba now, might or might not extend here, but other clubs and agents are probably talking to him now.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Cause people in the club think that the number 1 (possibly only) obstacle facing the club is the fans. If only the fans were to shut up the noise, then every problem in the club will be solved. So perhaps having a club legend like Arteta or Ljungberg would silence the fans, cause they won't turn against them that easily, would they?

Their line of thinking is naive and doomed to fail.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I think Raul done it because he didn’t want Ramsey on 300K a week at Arsenal, on top of Özil.

Wenger and Ornstein have both said he wanted to stay, was even willing to take less than what he was asking, but a contract was taken off the table. It’s not up for debate he was pushed out by Raul.

And Raul made the right choice, cause we can't afford to pay Ramsey 300k per week. Nor is he worth that much looking at how much injury problems he has in Juve. The problem was that we should have come to that conclusion a long time ago and done more to sell him while we could have.

Riou

Wenger and Ornstein have both said he wanted to stay, was even willing to take less than what he was asking, but a contract was taken off the table. It’s not up for debate he was pushed out by Raul.

It is definitely up for debate, Ramsey always said he wanted to play for a top team abroad, didn’t he?

Nobody knows exactly what happened.

And Raul made the right choice, cause we can't afford to pay Ramsey 300k per week. Nor is he worth that much looking at how much injury problems he has in Juve. The problem was that we should have come to that conclusion a long time ago and done more to sell him while we could have.

It was terrible choice and you can't spin it otherwise. They had the whole summer to sell him instead they decided not to give him contract in October/November or what ever letting yet another 30-40 M player leave for free.

Terrible management.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom