• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You said the same thing about the Palace/Wolves/Leicester run of fixtures.

Southampton, Norwich and Brighton is as easy a run of fixtures are you're going to get while West Ham have been pretty mediocre this season (and throughout their entire existence actually). Palace and Wolves are reasonably tough teams, tho we still should be beating and I think everyone knew we were losing to Leicester, even those who predicted otherwise.

I think we'll get a few wins now, whether it's breathtaking football is another thing, but there'll be wins.

A tough one, but if we catch form I’ll expect us to beat Chelsea and Utd at home.

Things are never as bad as sometimes people make them out to be, and I have been calling Emery a bum from pretty early

Well we are even struggling against the worst oppositions this season so we just have to take one game at a time I think.

vantoure

Think they’re buying time till the summer. Someone like Arteta is not available before then.

Feels weird though, Emery not cutting it, Raul feeding Balague and Balague basically now the spokesman for the Spanish Bum Mafia running the club.
Exactly, I saw the Ballague video and knew it was basically the club (read Raul) speaking and backing their man.

Main reason that article yesterday by afcball is very believable

ChefMan21

They're hardly going to criticise Arteta, are they? I'd be careful around what's PR and marketing, and what's actually real. If Arteta's so great, why are so few clubs in for him? If he's so great, why didn't he beat Emery for the job? If he's the next big thing, why aren't clubs leaking to the press that he's on their managerial shortlist? Is his perceived quality on here inflated simply for the fact he works with Pep and played for Arsenal? Too many question marks over him at the moment for me to think he's ready to manage a big club like Arsenal.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
They're hardly going to criticise Arteta, are they? I'd be careful around what's PR and marketing, and what's actually real. If Arteta's so great, why are so few clubs in for him? If he's so great, why didn't he beat Emery for the job? If he's the next big thing, why aren't clubs leaking to the press that he's on their managerial shortlist? Is his perceived quality on here inflated simply for the fact he works with Pep and played for Arsenal? Too many question marks over him at the moment for me to think he's ready to manage a big club like Arsenal.
Not sure about the other questions. But regarding Emery beating Arteta, Arsenal offered the job to Arteta first. It was he who changed his mind later as he felt it was not the right time for him to take the job.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You all are ****ing dreaming if you think Arteta is the answer to our management situation.

If anything we are getting an idea of the magnitude of Wenger's work at the club. If Arsène couldnt get it right in the end, what makes you think that Arteta will?

Lets not play games here folks, we need a serious manager to come in and give us the stability we need. Candidates who should only be considered right now are Rodgers and Potchettino in my opinion.

Emery is a dud, and we are in the Europa League for an extra season thanks to his monumental mismanagement at the end of last season. We cannot afford to gamble anymore.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You all are ****ing dreaming if you think Arteta is the answer to our management situation.

If anything we are getting an idea of the magnitude of Wenger's work at the club. If Arsène couldnt get it right in the end, what makes you think that Arteta will?

Lets not play games here folks, we need a serious manager to come in and give us the stability we need. Candidates who should only be considered right now are Rodgers and Potchettino in my opinion.

Emery is a dud, and we are in the Europa League for an extra season thanks to his monumental mismanagement at the end of last season. We cannot afford to gamble anymore.

Neither are coming, who's your third choice?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It’s actually much better for Arteta to take over now rather than be Wenger’s successor. Less pressure and inevitably fewer comparisons to the club’s greatest ever manager.

I’m less convinced about the experience argument than I was in May 2018. AVB has a huge hype train behind him in 2011, so much so that I remember Anzac insisting Wenger be sacked and replaced with him. But all that trophy winning experience didn’t translate to any success in England, just goes to show there’s only so much you can take from past achievements.

pacstud

Why on God's green Earth are people mentioning Rodgers?

You're better off hedging on Wenger returning or dragging SAF out from the rest home.

Cripes, Rodgers coming here any time soon is sillier than Emery's work here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom