• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member

He was doing ok first season using any metric. The jury was out. I said it before, this season is where he should be judged.

What really changed my mind is when it was clear we were regressing. That is a big red flag for me. Even if we didn't improve much I would have have given him till the end of this season. When a team is actually regressing though, there is no hope left, that is when it is time to fire him and start over again with a new guy.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

I remember in the latter years of the Wenger era the constant frustration of perpetually seeming a season or two away from being real top contenders. By the time he had left that feeling had turned into one of relative stagnation and hence the general consensus on a need for change...

But my word, I look at this Emery team now - which is so horrendously under performing - and we are only getting worse. That torture of feeling as though next year we will be better, each and every year and never quite making the leap has been replaced by an altogether worse sort of torture. One which dictates we are to watch this team devolve and devolve continuously so long as Emery is the man in charge.

Can’t wait to visit you in Iceland!

Before we head out, I’m going to pull the legs out of your little baby Centipedes, one by one, before sticking them to my face so that it looks like I’ve got pretty, wriggling eye-lashes!

Wow wow wow. Why so violent? You're one of my all time favorite poster and I get this from you? Always respected your input! I even have few of them framed on the wall in my living room.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We weren't "defending" him, we just wanted to give him longer than 6 months instead of throwing a tantrum like other idiots on here.
Or you were late to see what others could see. I’m sure you were accusing people like myself of having a Wenger/Arteta related agenda.

I don’t know what **** Hydro is involving me in such a horrendous list btw.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Or you were late to see what others could see. I’m sure you were accusing people like myself of having a Wenger/Arteta related agenda.
I always said I would judge him more in the 2nd season, there's only so much you could do inheriting last season's squad. Even then I said top 4 was the expectation and not reaching it was a failure. Not sure what more you want from me, apart from taking the piss out of his name and calling him a bum in every thread?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Where's the Black Scarf fellas right bout now? We need a plane or a ****ty protest or something.

Yeah, a plane against Frankfurt.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Just think the likes of yourself and @say yes should admit you were wrong to attack myself and others with Wenger and Arteta related jibes.

If you both apologise, I’ll let it go.
Find me one post of mine where I attacked you with an "Arteta related jibe" and I will.

Also, it's funny that you accuse me of defending Emery too much when the first post I made in this thread on page 5 was criticising him in relation to Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom