• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I do like reading around reddit as it gives a good view of how fans that see a manager day in and day out feel. Here's some excerpts from Porto/Primeira Liga fans:

"he isn't suited for portugal, here everyone parks the bus, you need to play desperately to force a goal, his tactics were based on dominating enemy team and playing in their defensive midfielder while retaining ball possession, if you do this the enemy team will be worn out fast and won't have a chance to attack and you won't lose... except in portugal the enemy team players didnt even pressure or get worn out, they were happy with a draw so they just sit 11 players behind the boal line and let porto do what they wanted with the ball, in a proper league where teams play good football such as yours that type of tactic is much more effective"

"he isn't bad... his gamestyle is actually PERFECT for a good competitive league like england's. but in portugal where only 3 or 4 teams don't park the bus, it's completely useless

this is why our teams suck in europe, it's all about the mentality and a gamestyle like nes' which isn't based on bruteforcing a goal through continuous vertical attacks will never win anything in portugal"

"Its really hard for me to like a manager that defends with a 1 goal lead against bottom table teams, which is what he used to do."

Here is some worrying stuff from Valencia fans when he left:

"Extremely poor performances. Valencia spent over €100m on transfers yet they have an uninspired style of play and get horrible results."

"FINALLY! Valencia matches will be watchable again!"

"I'm just using today's game as a reference, we had zero shots on target, zero shots, zero corners whereas Sevilla has 15 shots, 5 shots on target and 17 corners. It's not that bad, huh?"
Sounds like Emery 2.0... our board is really stupid. They are committed in making Arsenal mid table team.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Have to say that Nuno is a very underwhelming signing if it becomes a reality.

This season is almost a write off, Rafa until end of season makes a lot of sense. Few members and myself have mentioned it, it could be a nice stabiliser, he knows the league inside out. After the season wnds, we can target Nagelsmann, Ten Haag or Allegri.
Doubt Rafa would leave a lucrative job in China for a caretaker role.

Make

Player:Ødegaard
In my opinion, Nuno is not prepare for take this job. I prefer Arteta or Allegri, because Arteta knows the club very well and Allegri can improve our defence system.

roz

Fake News Merchant
The Porto stuff worries me as well, under Wenger most teams parked the bus and I’m sure it’d be the same here.

Seems like a clear pattern with Wolves why he does well against big teams and that’s because he’s happy to use the many talented players he has on the counter.

They failed to beat Huddersfield twice and I’ve seen them look very unconvincing in games against “worse” opposition. If it’s honestly between him and Allegri it’s a no brainer imo.
teams dont park the bus against us anymore. They attack and outplay us so wouldnt be an issue

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
In my opinion, Nuno is not prepare for take this job. I prefer Arteta or Allegri, because Arteta knows the club very well and Allegri can improve our defence system.
The defensive system can be improved by having quality attack, not only by parking 7 defenders like Allegri and Emery do.

leo9903

Anyone follow Bayern? I've always wondered how Niko Kovac faired there before the sacking. I remembered he was highly rated by Bayern's fan when first appointed. Might be worth considering?

Pepes blue pill

I got no problem with us getting nuno, def think people saying he is another emery or even worse are missing the biggest reason why emery has been awful as well...saying that I really want poch, imagine the lift that would give the club, just seeing Sp**s fans crying just like when sol man joined the top london team

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I got no problem with us getting nuno, def think people saying he is another emery or even worse are missing the biggest reason why emery has been awful as well...saying that I really want poch, imagine the lift that would give the club, just seeing Sp**s fans crying just like when sol man joined the top london team
Missing what reason?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Emery can't connect with his playing staff or communicate even the basics. Just improving that and getting our squad playing the basics properly would improve us massively.

This squad has a lot of talent, it's easy to think otherwise with the way it's managed but it actually is.

That said, getting us back to our base level isn't really enough for a long term manager. I think get a temporary manager in that can actually speak and connect to our players, that can motivate and understand the basics of this league and can put us on the front foot instead of putting the fear in to the squad every game should be the aim for now.

Requirements right now:
  • Basic understanding of this league
  • Ability to communicate well
  • Can build a relationship with the players
  • Will go in to games on the front foot, doesn't focus on the opponent too much
Ljungberg or Arteta will tick those boxes for me. Whether or not they would accept a caretaker role I dont know.

Last edited:

Black240

Kronke bought into this club to make money, not to win trophies. Whilst the management would obviously be happy to win the PL their target each year is to be in the CL because of the revenue it generates. Winning is secondary.

There are two ways into the CL; Top 4 finish or win the EL.
We got rid of the manager that had the best record in the PL for attaining CL qualification and replaced him with the guy that has the best record for getting to the CL via the EL. I don’t think that’s a co-incidence.

Last year we missed top 4 by one point and got to the EL final.

I think Kronke and Co would tolerate a 5th, 6th, 7th placed PL finish as long as we win the EL.

Consequently, and I hope I’m wrong, but as long as we’re still in the EL they might just hang on to Emery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom