• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
I'm still holding on the smallest of hope that the Nuno and Allegri leaks are just a smokescreen while we're in discussions with Poch.

Malky

Established Member
Easier than admitting they were wrong though.

What is it about Poch's words, "I'd rather work on a farm than manage Arsenal" that people don't understand.
I keep seeing this quote, when did he say it? Before Sp**s sacked him and replaced him within 12 hours? Mourinho used to say some pretty disrespectful stuff about Arsenal, but I'm sure he would of been open to the job if we sacked Emery and approached him first.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Would love Potch here but I’m not sure if the the need or desire is there to join Arsenal now, when in the summer Real, Utd, PSG etc will all maybe show an interest.

Unless we offer crazy wages or something.

myoldarsenal

I keep seeing this quote, when did he say it? Before Sp**s sacked him and replaced him within 12 hours? Mourinho used to say some pretty disrespectful stuff about Arsenal, but I'm sure he would of been open to the job if we sacked Emery and approached him first.
Poch said it 2 odd years ago that some things mean a lot to him and that he would never manage Barca as he managed Espanoyol and he would manage us as he managed Sp**s. Its on BBC, this article from time back,

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Would love Potch here but I’m not sure if the the need or desire is there to join Arsenal now, when in the summer Real, Utd, PSG etc will all maybe show an interest.

Unless we offer crazy wages or something.
Don't underestimate the revenge motive. If Pochettino thought he could win trophies here that would be a huge putdown for Levy and his cronies.

In general terms though the next Arsenal manager, don't care if he comes from Barnsley or Brasilia, should have a good command of English as a prerequisite. I think some of Emery's problems come from poor English.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I do like reading around reddit as it gives a good view of how fans that see a manager day in and day out feel. Here's some excerpts from Porto/Primeira Liga fans:

"he isn't suited for portugal, here everyone parks the bus, you need to play desperately to force a goal, his tactics were based on dominating enemy team and playing in their defensive midfielder while retaining ball possession, if you do this the enemy team will be worn out fast and won't have a chance to attack and you won't lose... except in portugal the enemy team players didnt even pressure or get worn out, they were happy with a draw so they just sit 11 players behind the boal line and let porto do what they wanted with the ball, in a proper league where teams play good football such as yours that type of tactic is much more effective"

"he isn't bad... his gamestyle is actually PERFECT for a good competitive league like england's. but in portugal where only 3 or 4 teams don't park the bus, it's completely useless

this is why our teams suck in europe, it's all about the mentality and a gamestyle like nes' which isn't based on bruteforcing a goal through continuous vertical attacks will never win anything in portugal"

"Its really hard for me to like a manager that defends with a 1 goal lead against bottom table teams, which is what he used to do."

Here is some worrying stuff from Valencia fans when he left:

"Extremely poor performances. Valencia spent over €100m on transfers yet they have an uninspired style of play and get horrible results."

"FINALLY! Valencia matches will be watchable again!"

"I'm just using today's game as a reference, we had zero shots on target, zero shots, zero corners whereas Sevilla has 15 shots, 5 shots on target and 17 corners. It's not that bad, huh?"
Who is this about haha?

What I find bizarre is this seeming desire to have the replacement signed and sealed before sacking Emery. Just do it, there's enough nous in the backroom staff to get by until a permanent replacement is in place. They certainly couldn't do any worse.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Mourinho was openly angling for either the Arsenal or Sp uds job. Money is a powerful incentive to revise your opinions but a grudge is just as powerful. What a manager says when he's happy in a job may be different to what he says after he is fired. Kudos to Wenger for not saying a bad word about the Arsenal.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
What I find bizarre is this seeming desire to have the replacement signed and sealed before sacking Emery. Just do it, there's enough nous in the backroom staff to get by until a permanent replacement is in place. They certainly couldn't do any worse.
delay more likely down to haggling over a severance package, knowing this board and owner

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Tuchel is a shout too. Think we have to just keep throwing **** at the wall until something sticks. Basically what Liverpool did, a club of similar stature (financially anyway) and look at them now.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

He should stick to drumming.
I saw a small video last night, saying he wasn't talking to any players at all, all night at training, there was hardly any talking between the players & himself either. What does that say? He knows he is off & they know he is aswell I'd say.

In no particular order, these are the managers I think we can get & probably need...

1. Poch
2. Nuno Santos
3. Arteta
4. Rodgers
5. Nagelsmann
6. Viera
7. Benitez/Simeone
8. Ljungberg/Bould.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Yep. The goodwill from the fans would be enough to see Freddie through a few games at least anyway.

Malky

Established Member
I saw a small video last night, saying he wasn't talking to any players at all, all night at training, there was hardly any talking between the players & himself either. What does that say? He knows he is off & they know he is aswell I'd say.

In no particular order, these are the managers I think we can get & probably need...

1. Poch
2. Nuno Santos
3. Arteta
4. Rodgers
5. Nagelsmann
6. Viera
7. Benitez/Simeone
8. Ljungberg/Bould.
You think we can get Nagelsmann? :lol: We've got no chance getting him, absolutely none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom