• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pacstud

Why we would get rid of Raul after the great job he done in summer?
Yeah, I really don't get that either.

I get people being pissed at Raul for not firing Emery when they want him too, but saying he's been garbage?

Bring in an iron fist to put some spine back in the clubhouse, bring in a couple central defenders...

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
No win in 7 frickin games. Feels like I'm watching some mid table scrub team & he says some meaningless crap.
Still won't get sacked as we ain't out of the european mickey mouse cup yet, yes that's how pathetic our board is

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

I also read that it gonna cost us 15M to sack him and his staff? How that possible unless his staff earning too much money

ClubLevel

You're being harsh on Blanc, he's actually a very good manager imo. I like him but it seems he has his eyes on a big club, competing for the league and CL. But you never know, selling him a good project may tempt him.

3 names I think we should consider:

Jorge Jesus, Bruno Genesio, Marcelo Gallardo.

I've seen teams from the first 2 play really good football, and all 3 are tactically sound from what I've read and seen.

I'd love Rangnick but it seems he doesn't want to coach anymore, unless it's a huge club like Bayern or Man u?

Jesus is a bit of a nutter BUT his Benfica teams were brilliant, played great football & he helped bring through some good talent as well (I know the scouting team are also responsible for this). He has a tendency to fall out with the hierarchy at all his clubs though.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Raul just needs to be more on the same page as the next manager.

The Ramsey, Lucas, Pepe, Özil, 30m CB on loan situations are not easy for a manager. Maybe Emery supported them all but I doubt it watching this season unfold.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
don't think there's anyone suitable to replace Emery though, who's willing to come anyway

though odds are shortening again on Arteta, and he is probably the most likely to come, and I don't think he would be put under too much pressure by fans for the rest of the season, given his lack of managerial experience

isop

He was the mastermind behind bringing in Sokratis and Mkhitaryan. I agree we shouldn't rewrite what happened.

As well as Leno, Guendouzi, Torreira and Aubameyang, who have all been good signings.

Sokratis was a really good defender in the Bundesliga, and was very solid for us for a while but has been mixed recently. I would like to see our players under a good manager though, so I'm not too eager to fully judge our relatively new signings within the last 2 seasons yet. Mkhitaryan is talented but his mentality is too weak for the PL, I'll give you that.

Jesus is a bit of a nutter BUT his Benfica teams were brilliant, played great football & he helped bring through some good talent as well (I know the scouting team are also responsible for this). He has a tendency to fall out with the hierarchy at all his clubs though.

Yes he's a bit controversial, so could be risky. But his style of football is so much fun to watch, almost makes up for it :lol:

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Surely gone tomorrow with Freddie and Bould taking over. Pretty sure.

Would be shocked if he’s not gone tomorrow.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This can’t continue any longer, the speculation, dead man walking, everything is in limbo.

Put Emery out of his misery and let Freddie take control of of the players.

This uncertainty is too much.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Surely gone tomorrow with Freddie and Bould taking over. Pretty sure.

Would be shocked if he’s not gone tomorrow.

I’d say it’s a certainty. Bould and Freddie for Norwich and then whoever they’ve got lined up for the Brighton game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom