• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

isop

All of Sven's buys were either poor or unimaginative. Guendouzi had been scouted by the club before Sven. The players we bought in the summer were so much better but Emery is just incompetent. Just a few months back everyone was praising Raul and rightly so.

He backed the manager with the signings, trimmed the wage bill and told him no excuses for not getting Champions league. The only fault really is taking so long to fire him when it's clear it's not working out. But that stills needs Josh to agree and to get the right man available mid season.

The fact that Sven is in the second division in Germany should speak for itself. If he was this genius he'd have got a top job as a DOF.

It's a matter of opinion but as I've mentioned earlier, I think most of his signings have been good/solid.

If he was so bad, how did he last so long at Dortmund and make so many signings that were part of their success, tied to also having a brilliant manager in Klopp? How did the hierarchy and Klopp trust him to get the players that they needed to compete if he was terrible?

He's at Stuttgart because it's a project, one that appeals to him and one that has been offered to him. They've only just been relegated, they were a top-flight side in the Bundesliga only recently. It would be like saying Bielsa is a poor manager because he's taken on the Leeds project in the Championship. No, he isn't bad, he's just taken on an exciting project in the second division.

It's a real shame for me, that he was marginalized, passed over for the technical director role and had to leave. I thought we had a secret weapon in Mislintat based on his work at Dortmund, but it is what it is.

So when Mislintat buys the players and the team doesn't do well, Mislintat is bad; but when Sanllehi buys them, and the team still doesn't do well, Sanllehi is great? The transfers have been mostly good under both Mislintat and Sanllehi, Emery is the common denominator here.

I'm skeptical with the rumours linking us to Enrique, Allegri and NES. They have their positives but all 3 don't seem to be the right fits (imo) for different reasons.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not watched any press conference since he’s been here, and until recently not watched any post match interview. You simply don’t get nothing out of him.

Hope when Arteta gets here, after a journalist asks a question at one of his press conferences, instead of answering it he just sends out emails from his iPad.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Freddie will only be able to coach for 12 weeks if appointed now. It’s a UEFA rule for those who only have a license “A”. He needs to get a license “B” in addition to “A” to qualify. Anybody know how long it takes to get a license “B”?

TorontoGooner76

Just like everyone else, I certainly feel that Emery needs to go, now. I think the options for a replacement are lacking at the moment so I'm pretty certain the scenario calls for Freddie and Bould to take over for the interim. It would be a very short term solution with Freddie's licencing issue though and most of the realistic options don't fill me with confidence. This club is a mess right now.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Yeah, I've also come to the conclusion that the only reason he's not sacked is because the club hasn't been able to identify alternatives.

scytheavatar

Established Member
It's a matter of opinion but as I've mentioned earlier, I think most of his signings have been good/solid.

If he was so bad, how did he last so long at Dortmund and make so many signings that were part of their success, tied to also having a brilliant manager in Klopp? How did the hierarchy and Klopp trust him to get the players that they needed to compete if he was terrible?

He's at Stuttgart because it's a project, one that appeals to him and one that has been offered to him. They've only just been relegated, they were a top-flight side in the Bundesliga only recently. It would be like saying Bielsa is a poor manager because he's taken on the Leeds project in the Championship. No, he isn't bad, he's just taken on an exciting project in the second division.

It's a real shame for me, that he was marginalized, passed over for the technical director role and had to leave. I thought we had a secret weapon in Mislintat based on his work at Dortmund, but it is what it is.

So when Mislintat buys the players and the team doesn't do well, Mislintat is bad; but when Sanllehi buys them, and the team still doesn't do well, Sanllehi is great? The transfers have been mostly good under both Mislintat and Sanllehi, Emery is the common denominator here.

I'm skeptical with the rumours linking us to Enrique, Allegri and NES. They have their positives but all 3 don't seem to be the right fits (imo) for different reasons.

Dortmund signed plenty of good players after Mislintat left them..... people give way too much credit to what a mere chief scout can do.

If we look at Mislintat signings they are either alright (Leno, Guendouzi) to being disappointing (Sokratis, Torreira) to being flat out disastrous (that cone from Juve). Nothing about the players we have signed suggests Mislintat is some savior fans think he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom