• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It is a foregone conclusion that in the next few days Emery will be gone.
Decent man but not a good fit and not an Arsenal manager caliber.
Two things for fans to keep in mind though, first, there no need & no point to be disrespectful to him or to mock him because of his accent or whathaveyou. That is totally uncalled for.
Second point, no miracle worker, or new manager in that case, can quickly come in and fix the mess that is AFC these days. Contrary to popular opinion, this squad is not that good. We have very few top players in that group. The 5 central defenders are, to various degrees, average to mediocre. Our central midfielders are a bunch of misfits. The forwards may be the silver linings although I don't believe the Auba-Laca pairing is a good set up. There is a lot of work and pain ahead before we get back to a top 4 competitive level.
Good balanced post. There's more wrong here than just Emery. The summer transfer window was a mess. Wasting £70m on Pepe when the defence and midfield was crying out for an overhaul. The fact that Raul and company couldn't see this is worrying.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Too late, but better late than never :p

This season is a write-off, but hanging with Emery would've caused a riot from fans and players handing transfer requests.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think we still have time to fight for fourth spot.

We need that post Emery boost to get us back into contention. I think a combination of Freddie, Bould and Pires should have us playing a free-er, Arsène Wengerish football again.

We have been turned into a club of immense, quality football. Im pretty sure we will get back to those ways over the next month or two.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

We need that post Emery boost to get us back into contention. I think a combination of Freddie, Bould and Pires should have us playing a free-er, Arsène Wengerish football again.

We have been turned into a club of immense, quality football. Im pretty sure we will get back to those ways over the next month or two.
8 points behind, competing with like 6 clubs that are within 1 point of each other, we lost points in a lot of what should be our easy games. I don't see it...

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yup starting this weekend ,

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
EKh2ri4WwAAo4Te

Finally. Arguably the worst coach in the history of the club
I think this club had much worse

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Good balanced post. There's more wrong here than just Emery. The summer transfer window was a mess. Wasting £70m on Pepe when the defence and midfield was crying out for an overhaul. The fact that Raul and company couldn't see this is worrying.
Bro, we've been literally on our hands and knees begging for an out & out winger for like forever. We finally get one and now we view it as wasted money. They did buy a young centre back whom from all reports is rather good, unfortunately he is still at his old club. Frankly, neither latter day Arsène nor Unai are the best coaches defensively and whilst I agree our defenders aren't top notch they aren't as bad as they have been for the last year and a 1/2. Our midfield is a mess though, however, a better manager will sort through the muddle hopefully.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Freddie is probably the right choice, we get to see what he is made of and don't rush in to choosing someone. Just don't rush in to offering Freddie the job either.

People compare it to Ole but it was clear from day one that he was a weirdo.

vantoure

It is a foregone conclusion that in the next few days Emery will be gone.
Decent man but not a good fit and not an Arsenal manager caliber.
Two things for fans to keep in mind though, first, there no need & no point to be disrespectful to him or to mock him because of his accent or whathaveyou. That is totally uncalled for.
Second point, no miracle worker, or new manager in that case, can quickly come in and fix the mess that is AFC these days. Contrary to popular opinion, this squad is not that good. We have very few top players in that group. The 5 central defenders are, to various degrees, average to mediocre. Our central midfielders are a bunch of misfits. The forwards may be the silver linings although I don't believe the Auba-Laca pairing is a good set up. There is a lot of work and pain ahead before we get back to a top 4 competitive level.
Disagree with your 2nd point. Obviously, this is not a top 2 EPL team, however, I'm pressed to see a team that's clearly better after the 1st 2 than what arsenal has. In defense, I don't believe Leicester / Chelsea have better in terms of personnel; the composition of our midfield is still not right, but a good blend of homegrown and experience could have seen that develop over the course of the season so far, if not for a scared manager. Attack as we know is almost 2nd to none.
The main problem I see a new manager will face is building team morale and confidence and working towards an achievable goal in the short term. For example, if it's left too late, the team may lose belief that top 4 is still realistic, thus getting them motivated to that target may be difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom