• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I'm like Macavity, the mystery cat.

I'm a lawyer, I do some sports related stuff.

If hear anything I'll let you know; there's a guy I work with who is very well connected and called the Arteta thing super early last time - I apparently came within an hour or so of winning over £2k on that. Oh well.

So WHO DROPPED WHO on that one ? Arteta supposedly claimed he did not feel ready whilst the other narrative we got was that he was told Emery is the man at the last minute.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

I wonder if Ancelotti is under consideration because he's made a two striker system work in the past, maybe the club thinking riding Auba/Laca is the only way to salvage this season

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
He didn’t try, he was too busy frauding away. English really isn’t that tough to learn, hence why a quarter of the world speaks it.

A quarter of the world speaks it because it comes naturally through television, movies and school. For some it doesn't, hence a hard language to learn.

blrgooner

Established Member
No manager in the world can get us defense stability with the clowns we have in defense and midfield. A defensive manager like Allegri or even Simeone will struggle as much as Emery did with our current players. For now our next manager has no choice but to maximize our attacking potential.
I don`t agree at all. We will not be cutting off our defensive mistakes off course, but that doesn`t mean our performances overall won`t improve. I can show you quite a few defensive mistakes Leicester city defenders made in their game against us, Even though they made those mistakes, they were still better than us by a big margin. What we need is improvement of the gameplay we display on the field for 90 minutes and this sacking gives us a chance to do that.

We will make mistakes in the next few games too, but I expect us to play better, score more goals and win more games in the near future than we had under Emery.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He could learn English, he doesn’t have some speech impediment cupcake.

I mean that's just an ignorant take really, isn't it. Different languages have different sound sets and it's very common to have difficulties pronouncing particular sounds in a foreign language, especially if you only started learning as an adult.

Emery can be slated for pretty much everything he did during his time in charge, but his English isn't one of them. It's the only thing I'd actually give him praise for.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
But did the fans play their part and get behind the team through thick and thin. Surely the environment the players had to play under didn't help. The abuse was stupid too. Do we really deserve a decent manager with the way we carry on??

Whatever the actions of the fans the fact remains the team has looked crap and the manager out of ideas. You can't bin the fans or the entire squad so the manager is always the one to bite the bullet.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

So WHO DROPPED WHO on that one ? Arteta supposedly claimed he did not feel ready whilst the other narrative we got was that he was told Emery is the man at the last minute.

They felt he was too comfortable at Man City (basically not hungry for it) and Emery turned up with his whizzy spreadsheet. Perhaps Stan was still using a Sinclair Spectrum, so easily impressed.

Predicates

Interesting, looks like this Nuno to Arsenal story has more weight than I initially thought. Still, unlikely that he would move to Arsenal at this stage of the season. According to Benge, Ljungberg has the right coaching badges to manage for longer than 12 weeks, so perhaps he is a summer target.

If we make a mid-season appointment, however, I have a feeling it will be Allegri, Pochettino, or somebody we've not previously been linked with (Roberto Martinez, Marcelino).

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
They felt he was too comfortable at Man City (basically not hungry for it) and Emery turned up with his whizzy spreadsheet. Perhaps Stan was still using a Sinclair Spectrum, so easily impressed.

Thanks for that insight - so you got zero news on the current matter ?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I wonder how often do managers leave teams mid way through the season to go to other clubs?

Doesn’t happen that often but in the case of Nuno Jorge Mendes could engineer it given his links to the manager and the Wolves owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom