• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mma

Also - making comparisons between Emery and Allegri for their English I feel isn't really indicative what could happen.

First of all, I don't think Emery's English as such was a problem. I'm not a native speaker and I can understand him very well and know what he's saying when he speaks. I think the problem was more general communication and relationships with players. He annoyed them in other ways (tactics, video sessions too long) so his non-perfect English became an easy target.
Exactly this.

One more point on this - we didn't hear much/any chatter about the language barrier before the bottle job in May this year.

Allegri is totally different in that respect - his analysis is very short and concise and he gives freedom to his players tactically. Also, he's a big name and the best coach a lot of these players have been coached by, he'll have respect just on that alone.

Second of all, Allegri was on Emery's level a year ago and since then everyone's saying he's been living in London and studying . I can't believe he didn't really improve it to the point of being just normal/average which is enough for now.

And also, his 4 trusted assistants/coaches that he'll bring could be speaking English. Two of them worked abroad before.

Last edited:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
So Freddie can get the job then.

I cant really see how Arteta gets it now... Freddie does well or poorly swapping for a less experienced coach looks daft.

Kysus

Can you guys stop with the Allegri bullshit?

Having a name and a decent CV is all he has, guy is a clown.
Going with the safe name with cv but without aura and innovation got us in this mess in the first place.

Allegri is Emery 2.0, not Nuno....

GDeep™

League is very weak
Like Wenger?;)

I know football has changed since then... but I couldn't resist that.

With the club facing a second barren spell, they signed Arsène Wenger, who had hitherto been relatively unknown, managing Nancy without much success. Wenger's reign saw the club enjoy one of its most successful periods, with several inspired signings, including George Weah, Glenn Hoddle, Jürgen Klinsmann, and Youri Djorkaeff. Youth team policies produced future World Cup winners Emmanuel Petit, Lilian Thuramand Thierry Henry. Under Wenger, they won the league in his first season in charge (1988) and the Coupe de France in 1991, with the club consistently competing in the latter stages of the European Cup and regularly challenging for the league title.[7] The club could have had even greater success in this period, as it emerged in 1993 that bitter rivals Marseille had indulged in match fixing and numerous improprieties, a view that Wenger had long held.[7]In 1994, after being blocked by the Monaco board from opening discussions with German powerhouse Bayern Munich for their vacant managerial post after being shortlisted for the role, Wenger was released from the club, several weeks after the post had already been filled.[7][8]

Even Wenger had a stellar CV before Arsenal.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Absolutely shocking how the players have acted over the past few weeks. I didn’t like Emery but the players who reportedly mocked him should be named and shamed.

As I mentioned previously, we need to have a clear out as this current crop of players are not good enough and have a **** attitude. They clearly think they’re better than they are.

mma

Going with the safe name with cv but without aura and innovation got us in this mess in the first place.

That's nonsense. Allegri would immediately be the 2nd best manager in the league right now behind Pep if he came and the most successful one over the past 5 years.

He's a huge manager, huge name. We'd be incredibly lucky to have him.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
we should not be the first job of anyone. we can not afford that luxury.
We need someone who can manage big names, that can unite the fan base and that has enough back to supporr a long honeymoon (same as Emery had with us) now we are not going to have that level of tolerance regarding results or performance. We need someone to step in an generates respect from day one, results right away, ideas in the spawn of 1 month, and consistency after 3 months. If you dont enter in that cycle with soemone quicly we are going to flip again and its not going to be nice to see for anyone involved.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Nice points backing yourself there, why is Allegri, the man who won 6 s
Serie A titles and made two champions league finals, a clown? Emery has nothing on him ffs.

Reactions: mma

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
How much of that good job is down to him and how much is it down to Mendes flooding the club with Patricio, Neves, Moutinho, Jota, Jimenez, Adama and others?
exactly, plus he is a simeone wannabe, thank you but no.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Pini vs Mendes... The battle for Arsenal.

via BBC live feed

Another name to consider.

Marvio dos Anjos, sports editor of Brazilian newspaper O Globo, says that he would not be surprised if Portuguese Jorge Jesus, who just guided Flamengo to the Copa Libertadores, is approached about the Arsenal job,

Dos Anjos adds that the influence of super agent Pini Zahavi could be key.

"I don't know what will happen to my future after Flamengo. I know I have a contract until May. Then anything can happen, said Jesus yesterday in response to reports linking him to Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom