• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Don't think fans will turn on Freddie quickly. Despite the bad rep I think our fans are extremely tolerant.

Combined with Freddie's inexperience and history along with the current circumstances (taking the freefalling club mid-season) there's not too much pressure.

Even if it doesn't work doubt that it will hamper his future or relationship with the fans, and the vitriol will be directed to the top, where it should be.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
We need to stop booing. It affects the players.
It can affect players in different ways. What it shouldn't do, however, is make them play worse. I wont have that. It should make them focus more and work together to fix the cause. If they can't, then they have no place at a club the size of Arsenal.

baccy_man

Established Member
Of the names in the vote i would prefer to have Pochettino, as our next manager he has had 5 years of prem experience so we won't have the problems of a manager needing to get used to a new league,
I'm not sure what happened behind the scenes at Sp**s i think it was something to do with a lack of funds that Pochettino was not happy about but i could see him getting better results from our players.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
EKi-OjUWwAA6msy.jpg:large

@hydrofluoric acid we move

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

Thank God it’s over. Now time for some of those players to get themselves together. They’re lucky the manager was so bad cos some have really gotten away with playing like **** as well

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I mentioned a few months ago that Laca is not an easy player to manage. At some point, he became toxic at Lyon and that is one of the reasons he is not called in the French NT. IMO, he should he sold next year to bring some funds, specially with the emergence of Martinelli.

I’m not surprised, you can clearly see that he’s a bit of a **** and it’s probably rubbing off on his best pal, Aubameyang.

If we end up selling him, I’d be delighted especially if we recoup a large fee for him and reinvest it in our squad.

For future recruitment, I’m not fussed about targeting big name players but we should factor in a players attitude before we sign them. I’d rather take a player like Kieran Tierney, who seems like an excellent professional and a hard worker rather than a **** who will cause problems within the squad.

Nuno's Beard

I’m really, *really* lazy. I procrastinate constantly, CBA stuff that needs doing and basically just give myself an easy life. Little motivates me to unnecessary effort.

Then, when I was not doing things that I probably should have been, I had a browse through here, to see your thoughts on the possibility of getting Nuno. I was staggered by such ignorance and arrogance, that I was compelled to put some of your ****e right.

I’ve been a Wolves fan for over 30 years – not great years, admittedly – but hands down, Nuno is without question the greatest manager I’ve seen at Molineux. Not great as in “beans on toast when you’re starving” great – bona fide great. I’m not comparing him to Paul Lambert and Kenny Jackett; the guy is incredible. Maybe not Pep, but certainly the match of Pochetino, and massive upgrade on Emery.

He could not have performed any better. When he joined, the world’s opinion was predictable; knows nothing about the Championship. He signed players that wouldn’t be able to do it on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke. He wouldn’t last til Christmas. To be honest, it was hard to argue otherwise

In that pre-season, Wolves sold streams of their Austrian (?) tour for a fiver, I bought one and watched the first game. I immediately put money on Wolves to win the league, and won just over a grand. I’d never seen us have such an obvious identity on a football pitch. There was a shape I hated – 343 – but it worked so beautifully. Matt Doherty was a fat, **** fullback in League 1. Conor Coady was a ****, do nothing runaround midfielder in league 1. Nuno put Coady at sweeper, and Doc at right wingback. I thought he was mental. I watched Coady ping balls out to Doc, and he’d let it bounce, struggle to control it, and recycle possession, we looked decent, he looked like a square peg in a round hole, but the progression by the end of September was phenomenal. He started meeting these diagonals before the bounce, controlling brilliantly, underlapping the forward with wonderful 1-2s, and become one of out biggest attacking outlets.

There are no words for how **** Matt Doherty was for the previous 7-8 years of his time at Molineux. He’s honestly one of most important players now – and that’s not down to the natural progression of a talented young player. It’s down to coaching, instruction and tactical awareness. Last pre-season, I was worried about Coady – sure he can ping a ball about at under no pressure, but he’s never really been tested defensively in the Championhip. To be honest I thought he’d get mullered. But it doesn’t really matter about his, or Doherty’s, or *anybody’s* individual weaknesses, because of the shape, the discipline, the instruction, the drill, the togetherness and the tactical awareness than Nuno has given these players.

I’ve seen loads of you calling Nuno “a midtable manager”. Last season he finished 7th and reached the FA Cup Semi-Final with Doherty, Ryan Bennett, Conor Coady, Willy Boly and Jonny as his backline. The first three were **** in league 1 ffs, and now they’re in one of the best defences in Europe, and pound for pound comfortably the best in the league. Every single ounce of that is down to Nuno’s coaching.

Some managers have a quality that makes every single player do every tiny little thing that is asked of them. It’s a really special trait, and it’s incredibly rare. Pep has it, Klopp has it, Jose had it , and Nuno absolutely has it. He transforms players, gets every ounce out of them and gives them an upside that was hitherto unimaginable. Look at Raul Jiminez; he’d scored 18 league goals in 80 appearances for Benfica and Atleti – two of the top sides in their respective divisions. He’s already scored more than that in 51 league games of us. He’s got 32 in 68 for us in all competitions ffs, it’s ludicrous. Nuno’s done that.

There’s never been a Wolves manager connect with the fans in this way. Throughout the club, you see Nuno’s influence, passion, knowledge and mentality. The pack. His family. If he goes it wouldn’t surprise me if you get not just his coaching team, but the kitman, the chef, the groundsman, and half the ball boys. He’s worshipped here, because of how he handles himself, how he sticks up for our club, what he’s done for our players and our stature, and how bright our future is with him at the helm.

If he goes there will be tears in the dressing room as well as in the stands. The bloke is special, and I hope to God he achieves his potential with us. One thing’s for sure, is that you some of you pricks don’t deserve him.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’m really, *really* lazy. I procrastinate constantly, CBA stuff that needs doing and basically just give myself an easy life. Little motivates me to unnecessary effort.

Then, when I was not doing things that I probably should have been, I had a browse through here, to see your thoughts on the possibility of getting Nuno. I was staggered by such ignorance and arrogance, that I was compelled to put some of your ****e right.

I’ve been a Wolves fan for over 30 years – not great years, admittedly – but hands down, Nuno is without question the greatest manager I’ve seen at Molineux. Not great as in “beans on toast when you’re starving” great – bona fide great. I’m not comparing him to Paul Lambert and Kenny Jackett; the guy is incredible. Maybe not Pep, but certainly the match of Pochetino, and massive upgrade on Emery.

He could not have performed any better. When he joined, the world’s opinion was predictable; knows nothing about the Championship. He signed players that wouldn’t be able to do it on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke. He wouldn’t last til Christmas. To be honest, it was hard to argue otherwise

In that pre-season, Wolves sold streams of their Austrian (?) tour for a fiver, I bought one and watched the first game. I immediately put money on Wolves to win the league, and won just over a grand. I’d never seen us have such an obvious identity on a football pitch. There was a shape I hated – 343 – but it worked so beautifully. Matt Doherty was a fat, **** fullback in League 1. Conor Coady was a ****, do nothing runaround midfielder in league 1. Nuno put Coady at sweeper, and Doc at right wingback. I thought he was mental. I watched Coady ping balls out to Doc, and he’d let it bounce, struggle to control it, and recycle possession, we looked decent, he looked like a square peg in a round hole, but the progression by the end of September was phenomenal. He started meeting these diagonals before the bounce, controlling brilliantly, underlapping the forward with wonderful 1-2s, and become one of out biggest attacking outlets.

There are no words for how **** Matt Doherty was for the previous 7-8 years of his time at Molineux. He’s honestly one of most important players now – and that’s not down to the natural progression of a talented young player. It’s down to coaching, instruction and tactical awareness. Last pre-season, I was worried about Coady – sure he can ping a ball about at under no pressure, but he’s never really been tested defensively in the Championhip. To be honest I thought he’d get mullered. But it doesn’t really matter about his, or Doherty’s, or *anybody’s* individual weaknesses, because of the shape, the discipline, the instruction, the drill, the togetherness and the tactical awareness than Nuno has given these players.

I’ve seen loads of you calling Nuno “a midtable manager”. Last season he finished 7th and reached the FA Cup Semi-Final with Doherty, Ryan Bennett, Conor Coady, Willy Boly and Jonny as his backline. The first three were **** in league 1 ffs, and now they’re in one of the best defences in Europe, and pound for pound comfortably the best in the league. Every single ounce of that is down to Nuno’s coaching.

Some managers have a quality that makes every single player do every tiny little thing that is asked of them. It’s a really special trait, and it’s incredibly rare. Pep has it, Klopp has it, Jose had it , and Nuno absolutely has it. He transforms players, gets every ounce out of them and gives them an upside that was hitherto unimaginable. Look at Raul Jiminez; he’d scored 18 league goals in 80 appearances for Benfica and Atleti – two of the top sides in their respective divisions. He’s already scored more than that in 51 league games of us. He’s got 32 in 68 for us in all competitions ffs, it’s ludicrous. Nuno’s done that.

There’s never been a Wolves manager connect with the fans in this way. Throughout the club, you see Nuno’s influence, passion, knowledge and mentality. The pack. His family. If he goes it wouldn’t surprise me if you get not just his coaching team, but the kitman, the chef, the groundsman, and half the ball boys. He’s worshipped here, because of how he handles himself, how he sticks up for our club, what he’s done for our players and our stature, and how bright our future is with him at the helm.

If he goes there will be tears in the dressing room as well as in the stands. The bloke is special, and I hope to God he achieves his potential with us. One thing’s for sure, is that you some of you pricks don’t deserve him.

Ok boomer.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

You boys should read this, absolutely spot on with everything said. Nuno is a tactical genius.

isop

Didn't you see how he folded in World Cup 2018. In the match against France, he was there just as a figure.

Messi was playing and also doing the tactics.

Now imagine his crazy and weak personality against Emirates crowd. It is a recipe for disaster.

Thats why he's last on my list and I said he was risky a while back. International football is different, he did a poor job with Argentina, and Messi and the senior players like Mascherano eventually fell out with him. But the job he did at Sevilla was quality. Got them top four while playing swashbuckling football. If look at his overall career, it's decent.

Still not my first choice, just an option for me.

I’ll quote a post that sums up his time there, posted halfway through his last season at PSG:

Bordeaux
Blanc finished second with Bordeaux during his first season as a manager, and won the Ligue 1 title in the following year. He stopped Lyon's from adding to their seven league win streak. [my addition: he also won the league cup to make it a double, and set a new record in the league, 11 wins in a row] He was on his way to win his second league title with Bordeaux before his team crumbling like a pack of cards in the latter part of the season. Topped their CL group that has Bayern, Juventus and Maccabi Haifa in it with 5 wins and 1 draw. Got eliminated in the quarter-finals. Nevertheless, he still did impressively well there, and his winning percentage of 60% proves it (to put numbers into perspective, SAF with us has 59.2% while Wenger with Arsenal 57.6%, Klopp with Dortmund 56.3%).

France
Blanc took over a team that had its dressing room destroyed during Domenech's reign, and at that time had all 23 of their players in the World Cup squad suspended. A few players that started Domenech's boycott got suspended further. Blanc managed to calm everyone down though and qualified for Euro 2012 by topping their group (2 years ago they barely got into World Cup via Henry's infamous handball incident). They lost in the quarter-finals to the eventual winners - Spain and he resigned. Yes, he did not achieve something incredible with them, but given the circumstances he did pretty well and stabilized the national team. Remember, the national team back then was in a huge turmoil with Evra, Nasri, Anelka etc splitting the dressing room while Benzema & Ribery were having fun with some underage girls. Win percentage is at a respectable 59.3%.

PSG
2 straight league titles without much hassle. Reached CL quarter-finals twice. Further improved PSG. Fully established PSG as one of the top teams in the world and has a team that everyone should be afraid of. Winning percentage thus far is 70.8%. In comparison, Ancelotti's time in PSG has a winning percentage of 63.4%.

He also plays good attacking football. And he's available now with no club. Probably after a big club according to his comments but we may also be an attractive prospect for him.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

I'm not saying he's ****, but the last thing I would do if I was afraid of losing my manager was hype him up on opposition forums.

I would do that if I wanted the exact opposite to happen.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

Thanks for the input!

The Arsenal fanbase is damaged and the next manager choice is crucial. That's why most fans can't settle for Nuno, as circumstances are entirely different.

Arsenal fans will stand alongside anyone who brings structure to the game and stars earning results. So believe me if Nuno is our saviour he will be treated like one.

However, it's up to the higher ups to decide that and we will just get along with it. If it's Nuno, I'll back him and hope that you're words are the truth.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

source.gif

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II

It was a good post, then you ruined it with insults. It'd be understandable if Nuno was a family member. Just pray we don't take him when we want him, because that's the reality, pal.

We call. He comes.

Nuno's Beard

I'm not saying he's ****, but the last thing I would do if I was afraid of losing my manager was hype him up on opposition forums.

I would do that if I wanted the exact opposite to happen.

I'd presumed your recruitment process would go a bit further than checking to see what I think tbf. But then given you paid actual money for David Luiz I'd probably be worth checking with in future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom