• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Of course I do

If it turns out well great

But he is interim
If we can get a profile in we should

Baring a smashing success that is
I'd say give him a chance to prove himself for the permanent position!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Perhaps this means something different for you, but putting professional effort into half a game before jogging for 45 minutes is not what I call "running themselves into the ground".

Up until very recently they were putting in 90 mins of effort. Can’t question the players here I think.

pacstud

Up until very recently they were putting in 90 mins of effort. Can’t question the players here I think.
I suppose that depends. If you think it's ok to down tools, then I'd say you're correct in not questioning the players.

I've said that we should re-evaluate ALL players under new management, that's how toxic things had become under Emery.

None of this absolves them entirely. Whoever we get should absolutely put all players on notice. Putting in effort is a minimum standard. I'd like to think we need/want a little more from our players.

I expect absolute ferocity for half a dozen games with Emery gone.

Goonger

I read the Wolves fan post a few pages back, and this but stood out for me

"Some managers have a quality that makes every single player do every tiny little thing that is asked of them. It’s a really special trait, and it’s incredibly rare. Pep has it, Klopp has it, Jose had it , and Nuno absolutely has it. He transforms players, gets every ounce out of them and gives them an upside that was hitherto unimaginable"

This is utmost important for me, and something that we've lacked for years. Certain managers have that persona, that you just can't bottle....Fergie, Early Wenger, Unarshole Mourinho, Klopp, Pep, Rodgers to a lesser extent....these guys have personality, they somehow get all the players on board, get them all driving in the same direction....this in turn creates a unity within the team, that spreads throughout the club and into the fan base....this is what I want from my next manager.

I've no idea if Nuno is that man for us, but I'd be more than willing to give it a go.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I understand there is reservation about Nuno's ability against inferior sides, but considering his great record against the superior sides and our upcoming December fixture the board might see someone like him as our only chance of getting top four this season. On the 1% chance we ace our December fixtures we are pretty much par for the course getting top 4.

Reactions: A_G

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Twenty four years since the club sacked a manager mid-season. We are in uncharted waters folks.
Let's welcome ourselves to modern football it'll happen to us every 2-3 years there won't be wenger or fergie to stay 20+ years.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I understand there is reservation about Nuno's ability against inferior sides, but considering his great record against the superior sides and our upcoming December fixture the board might see someone like him as our only chance of getting top four this season. On the 1% chance we ace our December fixtures we are pretty much par for the course getting top 4.

Klopp started off at Liverpool by being better in the bigger games first, then eventually adapted his tactics when playing smaller teams over the years...since we will always be an underdog for the foreseeable future against the better sides, this would be a good place to start...Emery couldn’t adapt, doesn’t mean Nuno can’t over time.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Klopp started off at Liverpool by being better in the bigger games first, then eventually adapted his tactics when playing smaller teams over the years...since we will always be an underdog for the foreseeable future against the better sides, this would be a good place to start...Emery couldn’t adapt, doesn’t mean Nuno can’t over time.
Adapted his tactics? More like he got rid of the bums and signed top players.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Absolutely ridiculous how many namey are thrown around, but we should have seen that one coming..

Romano, Di Marzio and Orni are probably the ones where you really need to listen - Romano is quiet, only said it is not Allegri. Di Marzio says Nuno and Arteta whilst Orni will probably say nothing until it's done anyways.

So I'd go with Nuno and Arteta at this point. The rest is just background noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom