• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I remember Freddie being up for any scrap as a player, even if he was like a foot shorter than everyone else to the scuffle!

He will be respected from his connection to the club by the players anyway, but always looked like someone who wasn’t afraid to voice his opinion.

Apparently it was his idea to replace Bould, if true it says a lot about the man. Apparently he came forward & suggested they swap.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

This part’s worse, he played with Freddie for two seasons ffs :lol:

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Petit always likes to have a little moan, great player though.
He isn't entirely wrong though. I have questioned it at times as well and we use to ask the same of Rice and Bould when Wenger was in charge. But i guess the assistant won't want to question the main man too much out of respect.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He isn't entirely wrong though. I have questioned it at times as well and we use to ask the same of Rice and Bould when Wenger was in charge. But i guess the assistant won't want to question the main man too much out of respect.
Is it even the job of an assistant to question his manager? Other than offer a suggestion I don’t think there is more you can do without crossing a line.

Have never heard a story or rumour of an assistant challenging his manager.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Not least for the Suikoden thing, I loved the first game but never managed to get my hands on the second one until I emulated it recently. Unfortunately they were all trash after 2.

Suikoden 2 also had my favourite villain of all time...

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Is it even the job of an assistant to question his manager? Other than offer a suggestion I don’t think there is more you can do without crossing a line.

Have never heard a story or rumour of an assistant challenging his manager.
Haven't heard it either. I do wonder though if as an assistant you cant call the manager out on some rubbish calls like playing Torreira as a #10 or subbing him on instead of a forward when chasing a game.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Haven't heard it either. I do wonder though if as an assistant you cant call the manager out on some rubbish calls like playing Torreira as a #10 or subbing him on instead of a forward when chasing a game.
I usually heard of staff and assistants making suggestions but not openly challenging. Here in Mexico one team called Leon hired a very defensive and boring manager... but suddenly the team started to play attractive and wonderful football. He later said he took the advice from his staff, they talked to him in private telling him they had a very talented group of players and he really needed to play with more freedom, to stop being so hard. He did and the change was immediately.

Top Bottom