• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Based on this I'm not sure I agree with Orny that Arteta will stick around to replace him, he'd be waiting ages. If the club want him, I think he'll come.

Black240

Likelihood of joining us from the voting list:

Poch – I don’t think he will come to us. I suspect he’ll take his pay-off and wait for either the Manu or more likely the Real Madrid job.

Allegri – I can’t see this happening given his inability to speak English well. Also, he has no experience in our league.

Arteta – Again. I’d be surprised that he’d come to us when he could continue to learn under Pep for a couple of years and eventually replace him as manager of one of the best-funded teams in the world.

Rodgers – Possible, but it feels a bit too quick after joining Leicester, especially as they are flying high at the moment.

Ancelotti – Again possible. I read somewhere that he has kept his London house after leaving Chelsea and has taken lessons to improve his English. However, Napoli is in the same state as us. Would the Board pay a huge salary for someone that is currently failing in an easier league? I doubt it.

Vieria – I don’t feel he has enough experience. 3 years covering NY City and Nice isn’t enough.

Santo – I think this one is the most likely of those listed. He has done amazingly well at Wolves and has had reasonable success wherever he has been. Porto sacked him after they came second in the league! Given he has not made any statement stopping the speculation, given his agent is a mate of Raul and his salary would probably at least triple, I suspect this might be the most likely.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

Poch – I don’t think he will come to us. I suspect he’ll take his pay-off and wait for either the Manu or more likely the Real Madrid job.

Allegri – I can’t see this happening given his inability to speak English well. Also, he has no experience in our league.

Arteta – Again. I’d be surprised that he’d come to us when he could continue to learn under Pep for a couple of years and eventually replace him as manager of one of the best-funded teams in the world.

Rodgers – Possible, but it feels a bit too quick after joining Leicester, especially as they are flying high at the moment.

Ancelotti – Again possible. I read somewhere that he has kept his London house after leaving Chelsea and has taken lessons to improve his English. However, Napoli is in the same state as us. Would the Board pay a huge salary for someone that is currently failing in an easier league? I doubt it.

Vieria – I don’t feel he has enough experience. 3 years covering NY City and Nice isn’t enough.

Santo – I think this one is the most likely of those listed. He has done amazingly well at Wolves and has had reasonable success wherever he has been. Porto sacked him after they came second in the league! Given he has not made any statement stopping the speculation, given his agent is a mate of Raul and his salary would probably at least triple, I suspect this might be the most likely.
100% prefer Freddie to Santo AKA Emery Mk II.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Poch might be waiting a while if he wants the Real job. Zidane putting in work there atm.

ChefMan21

I said earlier in the thread that his odds of 16/1 were really quite juicy. The board might see him as a 'won everything, can bring on Ljungberg et al, let's see what the manager market and progression looks like in 24-36 months' type signing.

Black240

100% prefer Freddie to Santo AKA Emery Mk II.
Freddie’s chance will obviously improve if there is an immediate improvement in our performances and results and if the improvement is perceived to be permanent and not just a short-term upward blip.

The other factor is how quickly the Board want to move on this. There is a transfer window looming. Consequently, Freddie might not have enough time to show them he is the man for the job.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Why would Poch wait? Footballs cut-throat and there are no guarantees. Arsenal may be his best bet to start winning trophies.

Fwiw, I feel if we really are interested in Poch we'll know his answer by Monday at the latest. If he's the man many believe he'll reject us without question and as soon as possible.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why would Poch wait? Footballs cut-throat and there are no guarantees. Arsenal may be his best bet to start winning trophies.

Fwiw, I feel if we really are interested in Poch we'll know his answer by Monday at the latest. If he's the man many believe he'll reject us without question and as soon as possible.

Normally clubs will already be in touch. Won’t be surprised if people representing Real, Utd, PSG etc have already sounded him out.

Black240

Obviously I’m just speculating, but I guess these are some of the things he will be considering:

• He’s getting paid to not work at the moment.
• He probably looks at us as a step-down now, the same level at best (in his eyes)
• I think he wants either the Real or Manu jobs
• He won’t want to put his family through the abuse they’ll get if he moves to us.
• He has a reputation of not winning things. Will he see us as the team to help him change that, especially in such a mega competitive league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom