• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Per coming in to help Freddie rather than someone from outside suggests a very short term gig, one or two games.

Won’t be surprised if we know the manager by Monday.
That much-trailed interview with Sky Sports seems a bit OTT for a single game manager

say yes

forum master baiter
Isnt it strange that Pochettino or his people hasnt denied that there is a chance that he will join Arsenal?

I'm pretty sure one of the stories linking him to us yesterday mentioned it. Apparently he's pretty pissed with how he was sacked from Sp**s.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
If possible do an option for other and then you can type in who you want? Not sure if that is something we can add.

say yes

forum master baiter
If I were ranking those options:

Think that Pochettino (1) and Rodgers (2) are the two outstanding candidates, with Arteta (3) as the best option if we're willing to take more of a risk. Giving Pochy the edge over Rodgers because of the meltdown it would cause at Sp**s.

Allegri (4) is also a great option (my first choice last year) although, after two seasons of Emery, I have a hankering for someone less pragmatic. There will also be a language barrier there.

Ljungberg (5) is a club legend who I'd love to be a success, but it's too much of a risk backing someone without any top level experience. Wouldn't be against giving him a trial run though, and I definitely want him involved in the new management team. He's so handsome I can't put him lower than 5th however.

Of the remaining managers:
  • Santo (6) has done a great job at Wolves, and of all the managers on that list, he's the one I'd be most confident of sorting our defence out. Good option, and I would be excited if he got the job, but at this point I'd prefer a manager with more attacking flair.
  • Don't think Ancelotti (7) would be a bad pick. Elite trophy haul, and he's got a track record in getting the best out of top-heavy squads. Would be expensive though, and there are more exciting options out there.
  • (8) Not at all interested in Benitez, and I think he's a bit of a prick. If we're going for a pragmatic manager then I'd rather we went for Allegri or Santo.
  • (9) Vieira is a club legend with actual managerial experience, but his career has been uninspiring so far. Not as handsome as Freddie or Arteta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom