• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

benjamin86

Established Member
I usually heard of staff and assistants making suggestions but not openly challenging. Here in Mexico one team called Leon hired a very defensive and boring manager... but suddenly the team started to play attractive and wonderful football. He later said he took the advice from his staff, they talked to him in private telling him they had a very talented group of players and he really needed to play with more freedom, to stop being so hard. He did and the change was immediately.
challenging your boss seems like a good way to get sacked. Not really sure why people here don't realise that.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He isn't entirely wrong though. I have questioned it at times as well and we use to ask the same of Rice and Bould when Wenger was in charge. But i guess the assistant won't want to question the main man too much out of respect.

On that basis Arteta isn't doing too well recently, 11 pts behind Pool, very poor for an assistant!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I honestly thought I did but having just had a look on youtube seems I never played it. Is it any good?

Its not as good as 2 but much better than everything else after it. 4 and 5 were horrendous. Worth playing.

Either of you play Chrono Trigger?

Always read that it was supposed to be the best of the best of RPGs, would have loved to have played it as a kid on the SNES.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Either of you play Chrono Trigger?

Always read that it was supposed to be the best of the best of RPGs, would have loved to have played it as a kid on the SNES.

It's up there as one of the best of all time. Storyline is incredible. I'd say Xenogears is also up there.

Back on topic, I hope Freddie is brave today. It is all about his midfield selection. Guendouzi looks like he needs a rest.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Nothing performance today with Leno saving his ass. Martinelli was brought on 88 min, even when Laca and Özil could barely walk after 60 min, 4 CM's from start combining nothing and Auba again wide.
I was hoping Freddie would be brave and try our most attacking setup and maybe secure his position long term but he sets himself up in a passive mode from day one which will result in us finishing mid table and him going back doing whatever.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I thought the pressing was better and we were more fluid going forward (although we didn't create much). However, the team selection was **** and so were the subs. These are things that you criticise him for.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Disappointing draw really, but some real positives to take.

Best we have played this season in that first half, battered them really...we are the type of team that is massively affected by setbacks though, our players are so based on emotion that the only way to fix this is with more mentally strong players really...so our level will always drop when we go behind, so the second half was expected really after the own goal and one right on half time.

We ended the game more attacking than we started it though, and although we didn’t play well, when the players get more belief hopefully our consistent will improve...plus it shows Freddie will be more attacking than Emery, which is good.

An away draw is decent at this stage, win on Thursday and we move...onwards and upwards under Freddie!

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Our midfield and defence are seriously shambolic. We have 2 Norwich players running at our 4 players and everyone of them are is ****ting themselves.

Who is the organiser? Luiz? Mustafi made Pukki look like Neymar.

Subsitutions were a bit meh...Guendouzi is clearly better on the ball than Xhaka but postionally suspect when defending, but the problem was when he went off for Torreira and we lost willock we had no one who could transistion the ball from midfield to attack, hence Norwich getting the iniaitive.

I do Believe Guendouzi has the potential to be the player we desire in Xhaka but he needs some serious coaching by Freddie and Per.

Thought in the first half we played well. So that was a good sign, we created plenty of decent opportunities which we haven't done in a long time.

Would be seriously worried if we play City.

Top Bottom