• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich v Arsenal | December 1, 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Meh team. No width except for the Bosnian plumber who can't cross and our most lethal forward who is better through the middle.

The only thing we can hope for is that the players show more fight than they have in recent weeks.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hey, what do you know. Xhaka is back. So it seems like Wenger, Emery and now Ljungberg rate him, there must be something about him that our clueless fas are missing.
Hardly blessed with options if playing a three man midfield... we have 4 senior center mids.

Ewarwoowar

In all honesty we are almost on the eve of our most testing period, both fixture and our usual winter fallout time, if we were a top club we would be rotating for a bottom side with those facts in mind anyways.

jvw

Abysmal line up. No width at all...
This could potentially work width very technical attacking full backs and more mobile midfielders, but we have none of those.
I was expecting something refreshing from Ljungberg, maybe Martinelli starting on the left or as a CF with Pepe on the right, so this is very disappointing.
It looks like we are going to continue with Douzi who is completely out of form and pair him with Xhaka who can only pass backwards or sideways.
Exactly. I'd have liked to see Pepe, Martinelli and Auba as our front three and no Xhaka.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think it's clear that we won't see our strongest front 4 in many games don't think managers would like to put auba out wide
Could do a bit of experimenting.

Two central strikers and a high wide winger on the right hand side. Then have Chambers as a more defensive minded full back behind him with a more adventurous full back on the other side to provide width.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Also Freddie must be going with the two negatives makes a positive in choosing that central defensive partnership.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I understand his rationale here. I just caution him against trusting a lot of these seniors to lead. Hope we see more of the youngsters sooner rather than later. As he said himself, they are the future. That future should be now.

For now, let's see the game and see how this bunch respond. Dont mind Mustafi starting tbh.

Rate him a better passer than Luiz and a much better passer than Sok.

nick gould

I said the transfer window was not good because of lack of major defensive signing. Got abused for it but many now admitting our defense look terrible.
Sometimes it's not the personnel, it is how they are set up which matters the most. Give them protection. Ask the defensive midfield block to stay close to the central defenders. No stupid high line if your players can not read the game or have the pace to recover.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Could do a bit of experimenting.

Two central strikers and a high wide winger on the right hand side. Then have Chambers as a more defensive minded full back behind him with a more adventurous full back on the other side to provide width.
We either go 442 with auba laca as CF pepe and one of Saka/Martinelli/Nelson out wide but that's mean Özil likely to be dropped

CJJ

Established Member
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis Holding Tierney
Luiz Torreira
Pepe Özil Auba
Laca

Play this team.
Mustafi+Chambers instead of Sokratis+Holding, then i'd agree.
Sokratis and Holding has been shocking this season.

nick gould

I think Emery realized that a win against Frankfurt was critical to his well being, hence his putting out a very strong lineup.
Emery wanted to be fired guys. Stop justifying his decisions in the last few weeks. He wanted a paid gardening leave.

Deki

Meh team. No width except for the Bosnian plumber who can't cross and our most lethal forward who is better through the middle.

The only thing we can hope for is that the players show more fight than they have in recent weeks.

Kolasinac can cross. I dont know where this myth comes from.

62 PL appearances, 10 assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom