• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich v Arsenal | December 1, 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bandaid

Read above that Özil playlets great.

All I can say is stay off the acid kids! It’s not good for you.

Özil was weak as usual. Really didn’t add anything. How people still can defend him is really strange.

great.. we get it. You hate Özil. everyone gets it. Message received.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I didn't expect over night miracles from Freddie but Mustafi starting & Pepe not even coming on as sub has me concerned. Laca looked poor, again, and Chambers is not starting quality, he was lucky not to get a red today.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I think my fav. players are Martinelli and Auba, the rest I would be willing to sell lol. But for real this was a better performance then anything we have seen this season so I would say it's a step forward - it's not going to happen right away but keep the faith and I am sure once the new manager comes and makes the changes he wants and gets the players he wants we will be back on the up :)

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Norwich defenders looked organised today. Why? Because they are coached well. Sam Allardyce went to clubs leaking 3 goals a game and had them defending like legends. We have defenders who have won league titles before. Even if we took Juventus' defence, we would still look a shambles as they would forget how to defend in a few weeks.

Mourinho had Smalling, Jones, Valencia and Young end up second in the league with the second best defence in the league, only 1 more conceded behind Man City. It's about coaching. Why is it all our defenders before joining us were considered decent and had us hyped?

Look at Benitez, took over a Newcastle championship defence that then looked better than anything we've had in the past decade.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Were people thinking he could turn it around in 2 days?
At least we play with ambition and shackles off. Now Freddie has work to do to control the game better, but at least we see change in the approach and improvements on the ball

That's what I care about now, but just reading about the game on here prior to this comment made it seem we play crappy football as before

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Disappointed but you can't expect miracles after a few days. Our midfield is terrible, dont think Xhaka, Torreira or Guendouzi are adequately covering the defence at all and they're not linking up to our front three either. Midfield has to be our top priority in Jan. Think Martinelli should have come on much earlier instead so Saka. I wonder why Pepe didn't play...
And CBs. Almost too much to change for one window.

Exactly... Torreira did what I want him to do more frecuently, then Xhaka with lazy control. And a Martinelli winning the ball where Saka did nothing.

Pepe and Martinelli should be ahead of Saka... Martinelli could be starting games ahead of Laca
I would start Laca as a roaming midfield striker. Özil for me doesnt have the physical stature to hack the premier league. Id drop him for Pepe. Guendouzi needs to look at his game because he unecessarily holds on to the ball to long and because his not "quick" often loses the ball in areas that puts Arsenal under pressure. Needso to let the ball move more.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Dont know if you guys get the same footage as me now

Swedish studio is showing graphics showing how Xhaka and Guendozi doesnt work together.

Mainly that Guendozi doesnt work in tandem with Xhaka, often out of position

What Ive been saying Forever!

Also highlighted how bad our guys are att trackinh back, except for Torreira who moves quickly into the area infront of the cbs where a dm should be...

But this is where we need leadership from the senior players, Xhaka needs to be shouting at Guendouzi to stay in the right position.

People are failing to see that if Norwich wanted they could cut right through our midfield for the whole game. They were passive in first half but their two counter attacks where they scored their goals, they went through the midfield easily.

They were running through our midfield when ever they wanted. Not just after when Torreira and Saka came on.

arsmile

Established Member
i think it's progress...

A shame that lucas didn't win it in the end- but that would have completely flattered us. Norwich didn't deserve that. Really Leno won us the point.

Mustafi failed his audition emphatically.
Chambers is too slow to be a fullback.
Still actually not creating or scoring from open play

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Arsenal fans should have lower & more realistic expectations.

I don't understand how you can be mad at Freddie when he's been the head coach for 2 days, and has 0 experience.

What were you expecting?
Something braver. He is not getting a full time job with this approach. I don't expect any results, just seeing proper attacking football again even at the expense of results (which we are not getting anyways)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom