• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Taking this game in isolation as it's only a start.

Positives:

We look more threatening when attacking but marginally. Spacing from midfielders is still very poor but I put that down to selection, there was still a greater emphasis on getting the ball in dangerous areas which was a good start. I also liked that we looked far more comfortable in possession than we have in a while.

Negatives:
That ****ing selection. I got an instant bad feeling when I saw it. Also the subs were poor. They hurt the match for us. We know our defending is bad, that didn't concern me. We could have bolstered our attack even more today with a braver selection.

We need a more positive selection next game.

Leno
Bellerin Holding Chambers Tierney
Guendouzi Torreira
Pepe Özil Nelson
Auba.

That has to be the lineup for our next game.

Gooner_girl14

I'm surprised he went for Xhaka, ESP after Granit's very public falling out with the fans/club (he took Arsenal off his Instagram profile lol). Also wonder why Pepe didn't come on..does he have a knock? Think Freddie tried to play it too safe, would have liked to see a bit more guts. Also thought he mads subs too late, Willock should have come off much earlier.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Positives:

We look more threatening when attacking but marginally. Spacing from midfielders is still very poor but I put that down to selection, there was still a greater emphasis on getting the ball in dangerous areas which was a good start. I also liked that we looked far more comfortable in possession than we have in a while.

Negatives:
That ****ing selection. I got an instant bad feeling when I saw it. Also the subs were poor. They hurt the match for us. We know our defending is bad, that didn't concern me. We could have bolstered our attack even more today with a braver selection.

Leno
Guendouzi Torreira
Pepe Özil Nelson
Auba.

I don't rate Chambers & he was lucky not to get a red today. I know Sokratis has made errors this season but surely he's better than Chambers? I agree with the rest.

Arson Finger

All I was hoping for from Freddie was to play the best 4 defenders we can manage, install Torreira as DM, and play Auba, Laca, and Pepe together up front.

He did none of those.

Freddie has been working with this club all season and he apparently decided that what we needed was Mustafi and Xhaka, but no Pepe? That is really disturbing.

I don't think an Emery assistant is going to be able to fix things.

Please hire Pocchetino now. He has proven success in this league, he took Tottenham to the CL final, and got them ahead of Arsenal, which is basically miracle work. And no one would be more motivated to stick it to Sp**s.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I don't rate Chambers & he was lucky not to get a red today. I know Sokratis has made errors this season but surely he's better than Chambers? I agree with the rest.
Sokratis has been consistently bad all season. Chambers at least has a few decent games in the bag. Doesn't matter who we put in truth. Those CBs we have are horribly one dimensional physically and aren't smart or savvy enough to compensate.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Positives:

Negatives:

Leno
Guendouzi Torreira
Pepe Özil Nelson
Auba.

Surely Martinelli over Nelson, Gabby nearly won us the game at the end.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Think Freddie tried to play it too safe, would have liked to see a bit more guts.
If I was in his place I would have told them to forget about defending because they're all sh!t at it and just attack, attack and attack some more.
We literally have nothing to lose as the season has been compromised already.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Nothing will change unless this toxic fan base actually starts to support the team.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

“We started the game really well, that’s how I want to play football,”

“But we need to work on the transitions, we dominated and they break us too easily.

“In the beginning I saw a lot of things we worked on in training, but we need to score goals and take the lead."

“I want this club to do well, it is only winning that counts: I wanted to win the games so I am disappointed but I have also seen some positive things.”

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Ljungan also said that we got tired at the end and lost shape and i'ts something we need to work on.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Banter first team selection from Freddie tbf, but it nearly worked somehow in that first half :lol:

Seen some improvement even after just 3 days in the job, think Lampard only won 1 in his first 5 games, so some encouragement can be taken from today...looking forward to Thursday, think we will see even more and a better starting eleven.

Last edited:

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Banter first team selection from Freddie tbf, but it nearly worked somehow in that first half :lol:

Seen some improvement even after just 3 days in the job, think Lampard only win 1 in his first 5 games, so some encouragement can be taking from today...looking forward to Thursday, think we will see even more and a better starting eleven.
Lampard lost his first game 4-0 against United.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Patience is the key here and we don't play Brighton till Thursday so hopefully those few days can help Freddie a bit in terms of getting his ideas across and we start seeing more of the football he wants in that game.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom