• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Norwich v Arsenal | December 1, 14:00 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Some say "sort out this midfield" but the reality is, that defense and offensive look even worse.

Auba, Laca, Özil, Pepe.. sound like good players on the paper, but they aren't fitting together. Auba isn't a RW anymore, Laca isn't showing much.

And about the defense, yeah..
It's funny, that every no name CB look better than our defenders.
Luiz had mistakes at Chelsea, but he never looked like this. I still think it has to be the system, profesional CBs can't be that bad.
Either we go 2 up top or drop laca simple as that, we need a new lw to balance the front line.

Gooner_girl14

Some say "sort out this midfield" but the reality is, that defense and offensive look even worse.

Auba, Laca, Özil, Pepe.. sound like good players on the paper, but they aren't fitting together. Auba isn't a RW anymore, Laca isn't showing much.

And about the defense, yeah..
It's funny, that every no name CB look better than our defenders.
Luiz had mistakes at Chelsea, but he never looked like this. I still think it has to be the system, profesional CBs can't be that bad.

have to disagree. Midfield is the heartbeat of the team and ours is non existent. The Way every team can slice through us is very concerning, like the midfielders can't read the play let alone stop it or tackle, and before we know it our defenders are outnumbered. We have no physicality at all. Then going forward our midfield can't find our forward players, so the likes of Özil, Auba etc often have to drop deeper than they should to try to get the ball. The amount of times I see Özil, Laca or Auba near the half way line depresses me.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Hope this doesn't get classed as saka bashing but he hasn't even shown in one premier league a bit of quality and any reasons as to why he should start. Martinelli and pepe should have been the subs that came on. Saka needs a loan in january and then one in the summer.
Doesn’t seem like that to me. Just stating facts. He really hasn’t show much if anything thing at all... I don’t watch any U23 games but to me he seems totally out of his depth in the PL.

TornadoTed

Established Member
I'm not sure what to make of Freddie's first game to be honest. There were signs of improvement but what a horrible starting line up. I really hope that some of those who started today were forced because of Unai's lineup on Thursday.

I am at a loss to what is happening with Pepe, he played well and scored 2 fantastic free kicks against Vitoria, the last game we won incidentally and has barely been seen since.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Honestly think if we balanced oue starting 11 we would walk the park most of the games.
seams like there's always at least 2 or 3 players out of position which makes 2 or 3 other have extra responsibilities or no help...
back to basics, please

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I would start Laca as a roaming midfield striker. Özil for me doesnt have the physical stature to hack the premier league. Id drop him for Pepe. Guendouzi needs to look at his game because he unecessarily holds on to the ball to long and because his not "quick" often loses the ball in areas that puts Arsenal under pressure. Needso to let the ball move more.
Özil doesn’t need that physical ****e... he has the quality and the brain... something anyone has in this team

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
have to disagree. Midfield is the heartbeat of the team and ours is non existent. The Way every team can slice through us is very concerning, like the midfielders can't read the play let alone stop it or tackle, and before we know it our defenders are outnumbered. We have no physicality at all. Then going forward our midfield can't find our forward players, so the likes of Özil, Auba etc often have to drop deeper than they should to try to get the ball. The amount of times I see Özil, Laca or Auba near the half way line depresses me.
Finally someone who can read football as it is

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It was the right call to play Xhaka and Mustafi, no matter how they performed.

Those 2 players are in the squad. They're both international players with big egos. You can't not play them at all and not expect any negative consequences in the dressing room.

So yes, playing them and showing them he's still has some faith in them was the right call.

Sorry what?!

Are you suggesting picking players to avoid hurting their feelings is more important than picking a team to get 3 points?

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I really don’t like this group of players.

I haven't liked the majority of them since Wenger was on the way out, they all seem spineless and I know it will eventually be forgotten BUT every single one of them should be held accountable for this season and for Emery getting the sack, I'm glad Emery went just like everyone else but these players couldn't even put the effort in and completely ****ed a manager, players downing tools like a bunch of babies instead of just being badly managed, they just caved and gave no effort as well which puts the club in an even worse position.

I'm surprised they've actually somewhat got away with it, the Chelsea players got ripped when they ****ed Conte, suppose they have been this way for years though.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I haven't liked the majority of them since Wenger was on the way out, they all seem spineless and I know it will eventually be forgotten BUT every single one of them should be held accountable for this season and for Emery getting the sack, I'm glad Emery went just like everyone else but these players couldn't even put the effort in and completely ****ed a manager, players downing tools like a bunch of babies instead of just being badly managed, they just caved and gave no effort as well which puts the club in an even worse position.

I'm surprised they've actually somewhat got away with it, the Chelsea players got ripped when they ****ed Conte, suppose they have been this way for years though.

The least technical group of players we have had for God knows how long, barely any you trust to control a football these days...with a club hero in charge now especially, I am out to get anyone that lets him down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom