• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Taking this game in isolation as it's only a start.

Positives:

We look more threatening when attacking but marginally. Spacing from midfielders is still very poor but I put that down to selection, there was still a greater emphasis on getting the ball in dangerous areas which was a good start. I also liked that we looked far more comfortable in possession than we have in a while.

Negatives:
That ****ing selection. I got an instant bad feeling when I saw it. Also the subs were poor. They hurt the match for us. We know our defending is bad, that didn't concern me. We could have bolstered our attack even more today with a braver selection.

We need a more positive selection next game.

Leno
Bellerin Holding Chambers Tierney
Guendouzi Torreira
Pepe Özil Nelson
Auba.

That has to be the lineup for our next game.

I'd go the same but swap Nelson for Martinelli and Luiz for Chambers.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I didn’t like the eleven... is it so hard to pick an 11 right? Put players at his best position. Willock is b2b... play him as CM not CAM. Özil is not a winger, play him as 10.

Martinelli is ahead in football of Saka and Nelson by miles. An get Pepe some minutes.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Lampard lost his first game 4-0 against United.

That first half was very good, would have won if we scored first...the subs were good in theory, but didn’t work out, at least he went more attacking though.

Anyone who says there was no difference to previous games is talking nonsense, haven’t looked that dangerous in quite awhile...excited to see what Freddie brings to the team.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

That first half was very good, would have won if we scored first...the subs were good in theory, but didn’t work out, at least he went more attacking though.

Anyone who says there was no difference to previous games is talking nonsense, haven’t looked that dangerous in quite awhile...excited to see what Freddie brings to the team.
I'd say the Torreria sub had an initial positive impact, we were on the ropes but pushed into their half after he got on.

Goonerozil33

I don't understand the criticism at all. The midfield lack balance and that is due to personnel. Nothing Freddy will do can fix that. And as long as we have a less mobile midfield we will struggle. Combined with a defence which is not good one on one even pep will not be able to fix the team. The key is get the attack better. And we saw signs of that today

African Flair

Damn. I understand the clean sheet approach he got into this game with but a don't agree with it and a shame that he went this route imo. Mostly cause I couldn't see it. Xhaka and Mustafi are walking corpses at this club and they won't get any better football just like that. It cost the game really. Next game is vital in the sense of showing something else otherwise a permanent head coach is imminent. I want to believe Freddy is ready for a solid run more than anything regarding this club.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Pundit at SVT's (Sweden's BBC) weekly sports magazine suggests that Freddie invites his old National team coach and current Norwegian coach Lars Lagerbäck to drill the defense. :lol:

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Pundit at SVT's (Sweden's BBC) weekly sports magazine suggests that Freddie invites his old National team coach and current Norwegian coach Lars Lagerbäck to drill the defense. :lol:

That's an amazing idead //Fellow swede

mpower2540

I’m probably going to regret saying this and it’s going to sound very harsh but I thought he totally screwed it up today.

He could’ve won so many points with fans by just keeping things simple. Play Pepe, put Torreira with ONE of Xhaka or Guendouzi. Aubameyang through the middle, Martinelli on the left.

Instead he played a terrible back four (admittedly they’re all terrible), shunted Aubameyang out wide, played two slow plodders in MF.

I’m so so sick of having people at Arsenal that don’t understand the players we have or over complicate things needlessly. I get he’s only had one game but he was lucky we didn’t lose it, really really concerning start I have to say.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

I’m probably going to regret saying this and it’s going to sound very harsh but I thought he totally screwed it up today.

He could’ve won so many points with fans by just keeping things simple. Play Pepe, put Torreira with ONE of Xhaka or Guendouzi. Aubameyang through the middle, Martinelli on the left.

Instead he played a terrible back four (admittedly they’re all terrible), shunted Aubameyang out wide, played two slow plodders in MF.

I’m so so sick of having people at Arsenal that don’t understand the players we have or over complicate things needlessly. I get he’s only had one game but he was lucky we didn’t lose it, really really concerning start I have to say.
lol, letting the armchairs dictate who plays is a recipe for disaster especially considering how fickle our fans are. Terrible idea.

mpower2540

lol, letting the armchairs dictate who plays is a recipe for disaster especially considering how fickle our fans are. Terrible idea.
I’m not particularly saying “let the fans decide”, I’m saying play a team that makes sense to control and then win you a football match.

There are certain fans out there, plenty who are on this forum, who I would say are very knowledgeable about football. The general consensus was that the lineup was poor, he made questionable substitutions, we then failed to get a result and more than likely could’ve lost the game.

Had he put out a lineup that made sense then he could’ve avoided any kind of heat coming his way and would’ve got a lot of credit whatever the result! It was just naive/poor imo.

I’m being harsh and negative but I don’t really care if you’re an ex player/invincible, I want people at this club who give off a confidence and a sign that they know what they’re doing, we can’t afford to just waste time. We’re getting worse! Hopefully he gets it right against Brighton but I was hugely dissatisfied with today

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I want to see Reiss and ESR integrated into the squad they are the future of this club..
Me too, they're the biggest talents with the biggest upside. Considering the football we played today, they would have been welcome additions on the bench.

I like that Freddie had us playing good football again though - at least in terms of attacking. As he said, we need to take those chances and score. I think theres a few tough decisions ahead for him to make.

Divided_Pie

I haven’t watched the match yet. I cringed a little when I saw the first 11:

1. Xhaka and Guendouzi together
2. Willock at #10
3. Özil our wide
4. No Pepe
5. Kolasinac instead of Tierney
6. Mustafi on the pitch

Reading comments it sounds like:

1. The MF failed to control the middle and were easily cut through
2. Willock had a poor game, possibly the worst of the starters
3. Özil wasn’t as good as his previous games and disappeared at times
4. Lacked a threat from the wings
5. Lacked a threat from the fullbacks
6. Mistakes at the back

Seems despite the above we played well in the first half offensively, but didn’t convert chances. We were hurt on transition, got tired in the 2nd half, and the subs didn’t help.

Hope to see changes next game for each of the six issues called out above. Concerning if Freddie doesn’t see those as issues, seems clear as day.

Top Bottom