• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vantoure

There isn't much to read about Ljunberg's ability or otherwise from this match.

Changing the team too drastically was going to be disruptive after just 2 days, there's no way to gaurantee that any new players to the team won't lead to too much imbalance.

For me, I think the attacking intent was clear, if not well executed. With more practise time, that should improve. Not yet concerned really

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I agree he is the
Pochettino worked miracles, and got that **** club to the CL final a few months ago.
He is proven, experienced, and had way more success with Tottenham than they could have even dreamed of.
He is available right now and would surely love to prove Sp**s wrong. He is the best choice and Arsenal had better be doing all they can to try to bring him in.

Hiring him would be like stealing Sol Campbell from them all over again.

I agree he would be the best however he will not come. That much I can guarantee.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Big G was a good player for us but hardly a great.
giphy.gif

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
This mentality is the same as signing players.

We now want Rodgers but didnt want him 18 months ago.

People at Arsenal didnt think Soyunco was good enough for the money.

Sometimes in life you have to take risks. Arguably Emery was the safe pick.

This Arsenal side is brutal with so many problems. We dont have the pick of managers. We are desperate.

As for the people saying theres plenty of reasons why Poch would join us that's crap.

First thing is in summer he would have at least 2 or 3 better offers.

Second this current crop of players is bad.

Thirdly he probably wont have 200m in january and the summer to improve the defence.

Fourthly he would lose every ounce of respect from Sp**s.

Who exactly do you mean by we?

Rodgers is still a joke and a charlatan in my eyes. Leicester are massively overrated this season. This is Rodgers at his best IMO, good enough for top 4 but he won't take us any further. A known entity.

You're also describing us like we're Aston Villa when it comes to our ability to attract a manager.

I don't think you grasp how much managers fear the sack and value job security. Everyone knows if a manager comes here and does a decent job, he's guaranteed stability. We aren't Real Madrid or Chelsea who would sack a manager after winning a league title.

Job stability & security
Decent salary (Wenger was one of the highest paid coaches in the league so the club is willing to shell out money)
London
Prestige of managing a top side in the EPL
Chance to increase his stock by taking us back to the top. Look at how the Liverpool job rehabilitated Klopp's slightly damaged reputation from his end days at Dortmund

The rest is just down to how the club sells the project, in other words is the hierarchy willing to give the manager what he asks for in order for him to agree to come in. Make no mistake, 98% of managers out there would sell their grandmother for a genuine chance at the Arsenal job.

Don't make it sound like its Arteta or no one. That's the same sort of logic that saw people defend Wenger, "Who else can we get that's better?" or tolerate our numerous mediocre players, "Try to get a better defender than Andre Santos/Djourou/Senderos/Squillaci/Mustafi in January, it can't be done."

Justin1986

Let's hope today's result has focused minds that Freddie is not the right man. As part of the previous coaching set up he was part of the problem and todays selections and subs may as well have been Emery.

There was no new management bump. Just more of the same.
Completely agree, apart from 20 mins of slight improvement, then it may Aswell have been emery in the dugout

Joestlaachmkr

Pochettino worked miracles, and got that **** club to the CL final a few months ago.
He is proven, experienced, and had way more success with Tottenham than they could have even dreamed of.
He is available right now and would surely love to prove Sp**s wrong. He is the best choice and Arsenal had better be doing all they can to try to bring him in.

Hiring him would be like stealing Sol Campbell from them all over again.
But how many titles did Pochettino manage to win at the little chicken club? besides that he has talked **** about Arsenal on a number occassions and i dont want to see him as Gunners boss.

Thomas Tuchel would in my opinion have been the ideal manager for Arsenal, but we can only dream of getting him now.

I think both Luis Enrique and Max Allegri would been a wet dream for every Gooner.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
Don't make it sound like its Arteta or no one. That's the same sort of logic that saw people defend Wenger, "Who else can we get that's better?" or tolerate our numerous mediocre players, "Try to get a better defender than Andre Santos/Djourou/Senderos/Squillaci/Mustafi in January, it can't be done."

This is it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Who exactly do you mean by we?

Rodgers is still a joke and a charlatan in my eyes. Leicester are massively overrated this season. This is Rodgers at his best IMO, good enough for top 4 but he won't take us any further. A known entity.

You're also describing us like we're Aston Villa when it comes to our ability to attract a manager.

I don't think you grasp how much managers fear the sack and value job security. Everyone knows if a manager comes here and does a decent job, he's guaranteed stability. We aren't Real Madrid or Chelsea who would sack a manager after winning a league title.

Job stability & security
Decent salary (Wenger was one of the highest paid coaches in the league so the club is willing to shell out money)
London
Prestige of managing a top side in the EPL
Chance to increase his stock by taking us back to the top. Look at how the Liverpool job rehabilitated Klopp's slightly damaged reputation from his end days at Dortmund

The rest is just down to how the club sells the project, in other words is the hierarchy willing to give the manager what he asks for in order for him to agree to come in. Make no mistake, 98% of managers out there would sell their grandmother for a genuine chance at the Arsenal job.

Rodgers has Leciester playing great football and sitting pretty 2nd in the league. Hes getting more out of the sum of the parts. They have good players better than ours but he is also managing then well.

We are not Aston Villa but we are no better than a Sevilla or Valencia. So why do we expect the most sought after managers (Poch/Ten Haag) to come to us especially half way through a season when the season is a disaster.

Give me a list of the best managers in the world. The top 5 in your eyes. Then tell me who of them is available for Arsenal.

Then tell me who you honestly believe is the best and most credible manager we can realistically attract.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Rodgers has Leciester playing great football and sitting pretty 2nd in the league. Hes getting more out of the sum of the parts. They have good players better than ours but he is also managing then well.

We are not Aston Villa but we are no better than a Sevilla or Valencia. So why do we expect the most sought after managers (Poch/Ten Haag) to come to us especially half way through a season when the season is a disaster.

Give me a list of the best managers in the world. The top 5 in your eyes. Then tell me who of them is available for Arsenal.

Then tell me who you honestly believe is the best and most credible manager we can realistically attract.

I don't want to take any credits from Rodgers about his success but as any manager, he's in the perfect set up/context to succeed right now at Leicester.
They've done an amazing job at supporting him, they have very good players, a good mix between experience & youth.

I don't think his success at Leicester can be translated into Arsenal in its current state.

Tbf I'm not sure that any manager right now can make any miracle with this team, in this context right now. Our overrall organization that has been defective for the last few years.

It will take time. We need to be patient until Arsenal as a whole figures it out. But the way the fanbase is reacting right now... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom