• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I’m not persuaded by that after some cursory checking. Definitely didn’t rule himself out on SkySports, and the quotes in the link that @American_Gooner are inconclusive.

What was the question he responded “Yeah, very much so” to? Bizarre that it’s not in the article.

Him ruling himself out hasn’t been reported by anyone reliable.

'at this moment as I stand here' is not a total slamming of the door

Vanpayslip

It's just not true that his Liverpool team relied only on Suarez.
You're just wrong mate.

What about Sturridge that was on fire and kept getting injured after that fantastic season?
What about Gerrard who had a great year but kept regressing when he got older and then retired? He was one of their best players ever lmao.
What did you expect? A youngster like Sterling to carry Liverpool? :lol:

Any team that loses 3 of their best players, 2 of them were generational talents that you can't replace, in such a short span of time would struggle a lot in the short term.

Thank you for quoting my post but not actually addressing any of the points I had made in it. Your love of LFC is undeniable. Are you sure you are on the right website as a LFC fan forum might be more appropriate for you.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I’m laughing at the re-writing of history. Laughing stock? That is a bit far fetched just as the notion that there fortunes changed only on the basis that they employed Mourinho.
It really is funny that there are people out there that think that Real Madrid would have been CL minnows if Mourinho hadn’t have come along.

It's just a fact though. Before mourinho got there they were terrible in the CL over the past decade.
Maybe another top coach would have achieved the same as Mourinho did.

But in the meantime, I think his work deserves more credit. It's not easy to succeed at Madrid, especially when he got there because as I've said they were run like a circus even though they kept buying stars every summer.

He brought them some discipline, and balance, he was able to compete with Pep's Barcelona which was unplayable back then and one of the best team in the history of football. If Barcelona was just a very good team, Madrid would have achieved a lot more.

Thank you for quoting my post but not actually addressing any of the points I had made in it. Your love of LFC is undeniable. Are you sure you are on the right website as a LFC fan forum might be more appropriate for you.

I don't love LFC, I don't care about them.
I just hate when people twist facts & history just to fit their narrative.

Rodgers did a good job at Liverpool, and unfortunately, he lost his best players after that fantastic season and was unable to properly replace them.

You can't hold it against him. Any team that loses so many great players in such a short span of time would regress massively. And their team was full of **** players as @say yes mentioned.

And also, before Rodgers, Suarez has never had a season that was that good. So he also deserves credit for putting him in the best conditions to perform.

I'm not saying he's a top coach or the perfect fit for Arsenal.
But he's done a very good job at his previous clubs so far and deserves credit for his achievements.

Vanpayslip

It's just a fact though. Before mourinho got there they were terrible in the CL over the past decade.
Maybe another top coach would have achieved the same as Mourinho did.

But in the meantime, I think his work deserves more credit. It's not easy to succeed at Madrid, especially when he got there because as I've said they were run like a circus even though they kept buying stars every summer.

He brought them some discipline, and balance, he was able to compete with Pep's Barcelona which was unplayable back then and one of the best team in the history of football. If Barcelona was just a very good team, Madrid would have achieved a lot more.

I don't love LFC, I don't care about them.
I just hate when people twist facts & history just to fit their narrative.

Rodgers did a good job at Liverpool, and unfortunately, he lost his best players after that fantastic season and was unable to properly replace them.

You can't hold it against him. Any team that loses so many great players in such a short span of time would regress massively. And their team was full of **** players as @say yes mentioned.

And also, before Rodgers, Suarez has never had a season that was that good. So he also deserves credit for putting him in the best conditions to perform.

I'm not saying he's a top coach or the perfect fit for Arsenal.
But he's done a very good job at his previous clubs so far and deserves credit for his achievements.

A bit of back tracking there. You seem to spend a lot of time on a manager that you are saying you think is not a top coach or a ‘perfect fit for Arsenal’. You seem to have changed your tune.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
My take on Rodgers:

He wants to prove himself at a top club again after Liverpool.

Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Tottenham are settled on managers for at least 2-3 years.

United would be a highly controversial move and I don't think that's his style.

Leicester are a great side right now, but what happens when Vardy loses his legs? Which top players can Leicester attract? Which players will no doubt be poached by actual big clubs?

Then that leaves Arsenal, a club that would be perfect for his brand of football. A club that has top four expectations he can meet. A team that is full of potential with big names and raw talent. A prestigious club, with a position available right now.

Joestlaachmkr

That's not funny at all.
No, it hurts and it`s shameful to see. But it`s only down to poor leadership in our club and at United which have made both clubs are fighting a battle of which club there is who is sinking faster than the Titanic. Arsenal used to be a club which everyone looked up to, now we are a club that everyone looks down at.

Joestlaachmkr

I think they intend to keep Freddie and hope for the best. Thats the easiest and cheapest option available.
I can guarantee you that the board are going to give the job to Freddie permanently after he win a few games for us, or they will go for another unqualified manager who got sacked by one of the big clubs in Europe.

I fear next season are going to be even worse than what this season has been.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
A bit of back tracking there. You seem to spend a lot of time on a manager that you are saying you think is not a top coach or a ‘perfect fit for Arsenal’. You seem to have changed your tune.

They don't need to be the perfect fit to me, to answer to posts that were simply wrong especially when we're debating about them as potential candidates for the arsenal job.

Rodgers and Mourinho aren't my first choices. But if they had the arsenal job I wouldn't have been unhappy based on their résumé they both have something to bring to this team, in a very different way. For Mourinho ofc it's too late now he's signed for the spu*s.
I think it would have been a risky move, but if he somehow succeeded to convince the players and take them onboard, I really think it could have been interesting to develop their mentality, their winning culture, their hunger!
Our players have been too much comfortable in my taste over the past few years.
It could also have gone reaaaally wrong if they wouldn't have liked his management.

jvw

Yeah Rodgers hasn't ruled himself out. He's got to say he's committed to Leicester until such time as he has a job offer on the table. I'm sure he means it, as things are clearly going well there. I'm pretty sure he'd say yes if we offer it to him though.

Joestlaachmkr

I am so ****ing mad at Kroenke and at the board that i cannot describe it. They had the chance to appoint a qualified manager as a replacement for Wenger instead of an Europa League manager, and they could have made a deal with a qualified manager before they sacked Emery. Arsenal sadly is a sinking ship.

Last edited:

Malky

Established Member
Don't see what Rodgers is supposed to say when he's interviewed? He can't exactly tell us " come get me ", he has to remain respectful towards Leicester, so obviously he'd downplay any interest.
This is the same man who talked up life at Celtic, only to walk out a couple months away from winning the " treble, treble" to join a club that openly said they would of waited until the summer. Basically a bigger club came calling and he jumped at the chance.
If we want him, I think we'd get him.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'm starting to realise that we desperately need a man manager with a personality. I feel like these players feel detatched from coaching staff right now.

If we bring in a tactical coach who doesnt talk and focus on each invidual player's deficiencies we are going to get nowhere. For example, Guendouzi for ages now has not been properly instructed/drilled to track players or release the ball fast enough. Someone needs to tell him that if all our midfielders release the ball slow its going to kill the urgency in our team, and that is infectious..

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

A lot of managers are still stating that Arsenal are a big & famous club all over the world despite our poor form last 2 years, I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Rodgers came in for the job, someone like him would probably like this job to prove his worth as a manager to get us right back up there again challenging & playing good football. Don't stress, every club goes through these cycles, United are in the same situation as us, Chelsea were for a while aswell. Liverpool won't be as big as they are now for ever. I'd really like it if Rodgers came in for this job.

Depending on how Ljungberg goes for the next few games we might just choose to take a gamble on someone without much experience, Arteta, stay with Ljungberg for the long term, even someone like Howe to prove their worth to the other clubs eventually. It's certainly a tough stage, but we stick together we will get through this phase.

Joestlaachmkr

One manager who i can see becoming a succesful Arsenal boss is Gio van Bronckhorst, and he would probably be a cheaper option than most managers.

Stannis

Rodgers is the best bet, he has clearly learnt from his Liverpool experiences and is less of a meme

We won’t find an ideal fit, all things considered he is the best option.

Joestlaachmkr

Rodgers is the best bet, he has clearly learnt from his Liverpool experiences and is less of a meme

We won’t find an ideal fit, all things considered he is the best option.
I honestly doubt Rodgers are going to leave Leicester for Arsenal, he is challenging for the title with Leicester who is more or less guaranteed to play in the CL next season, and Leicester are right now a more exciting project than what Arsenal is.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I honestly doubt Rodgers are going to leave Leicester for Arsenal, he is challenging for the title with Leicester who is more or less guaranteed to play in the CL next season, and Leicester are right now a more exciting project than what Arsenal is.
I probably doubt he'd leave Leicester mid season but considering what he said about having a release clause in his contract I wouldn't be surprised if he chose to join in the summer for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom