• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Luiz can still be tested as DMC and I hope Ljungberg does that. We don't have a proper DMC solution anyway
Don't expect Freddie to do anything that could be viewed as risky. The whole world is watching him now and if he is smart enough he'll realise that massive tinkering could wreck a potential career.. An experiment on his part would simply have to yield fantastic results or he runs the risk of ruining a career that hasn't even started yet.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Don't expect Freddie to do anything that could be viewed as risky. The whole world is watching him now and if he is smart enough he'll realise that massive tinkering could wreck a potential career.. An experiment on his part would simply have to yield fantastic results or he runs the risk of ruining a career that hasn't even started yet.
He shat his pants already on the debut so I don't expect any changes but have to say I was expecting a couple of new things from him. He won't get a job this way so it's his loss and being passive IMO will not help his career at all.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He shat his pants already on the debut
What the F are you talking about? Shat his pants? You were expecting him to stamp a new style into the squad after a day and a half. Jesus Christ, get a grip..

Anybody criticising Freddie after just one practise session is an idiot. As is anybody criticising him for not picking the team they wanted.

Give the man a chance ffs.
Absolutely. Idiot is kind as well!

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What the F are you talking about? Shat his pants? You were expecting him to stamp a new style into the squad after a day and a half. Jesus Christ, get a grip..
No, I expected him to replace Emery and than continue with the same crap...

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
No, I expected him to replace Emery and than continue with the same crap...
He had a day and a half to change things around and unless you are blind you should have seen that we were much better in the first half than we have been against anyone away from home ALL season. But by all means slate the guy who has an absolute mountain to climb...

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Anybody criticising Freddie after just one practise session is an idiot. As is anybody criticising him for not picking the team they wanted.

Give the man a chance ffs.
The thing that annoys me the most about this is that I remember there were a lot of fans high in praise for him & really looking forward to seeing him for the 1st time now as you've stated here quite a few criticizing him like there is no tomorrow. He showed good enthusiasm I remember on the sideline & he looked so disappointed after the whistle blew.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
He had a day and a half to change things around and unless you are blind you should have seen that we were much better in the first half than we have been against anyone away from home ALL season. But by all means slate the guy who has an absolute mountain to climb...
We can have this conversation in 5 months, but I remember having same discussions about Emery after 2-3 months of him being in charge and had the same arguments with people that it's too early and we need to give him time.

I badly wanted Ljungberg here instead of some guy who would just take money, but I was expecting he would completely change our setup. He didn't come to our club 1 week ago, he knows every player from youth to senior squad, and he trained with them for months.
Ok maybe I should wait for a couple of more games, but I was right about Emery early on and unfortunately I think I'll be right about Ljungberg again. He won't get the job with this formation/team selection, even after 20 games. The setup is broken and needs to be drastically changed from day one even if we lose next 5 games. Instead of that, he decided with more passive alibi approach to continue where Emery left which will not work.

There, hope this explains my view on it better, no need for you to get triggered so easily

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
. He didn't come to our club 1 week ago, he knows every player from youth to senior squad, and he trained with them for months.
Absolutely * logic. In those months, who was the head coach. You're acting like Freddie could just be like " Hey Unai, **** your plans for the day, I'm taking these lads on one of my training sessions and we don't give a ****ing **** about what your plans are"

Jesus, deluded doesn't even touch on your notion here..

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The thing that annoys me the most about this is that I remember there were a lot of fans high in praise for him & really looking forward to seeing him for the 1st time now as you've stated here quite a few criticizing him like there is no tomorrow. He showed good enthusiasm I remember on the sideline & he looked so disappointed after the whistle blew.
Yep.

If the management had any sense, they'd give Freddie until the Summer. That gives him a chance to try out a new system snd see it through. Rome wasn't built in a day and he's got to fix our backing off with players out of position.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Yep.

If the management had any sense, they'd give Freddie until the Summer. That gives him a chance to try out a new system snd see it through. Rome wasn't built in a day and he's got to fix our backing off with players out of position.
Considering what he said about our defensive issue I wonder if thats the top thing he will work on with our defenders, not to keep backing off on counters, main way we concede our goals. From here if that improves & we start scoring goals again, makes me wonder whether they'll do that, give him all year.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He won't get the job with this formation/team selection, even after 20 games. The setup is broken and needs to be drastically changed from day one even if we lose next 5 games. Instead of that, he decided with more passive alibi approach to continue where Emery left which will not work.
On the formation issue: They'd been training the whole week under Emery. It would have been a royal sh!t show if he had tried to change it drastically with only ONE day to train!!!
On Passive Alibi approach: Lies, we attacked with far more character yesterday than we have done all season
On the job itself: Not sure if Freddie even wants this high profile job yet so early in his career. Are there statements that suggest he does?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Well, I'd argue he has already changed the formation. In the sense that we dropped the 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation that we played recently with Emery.

Freddie played mostly 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with the U23s. That should be perfectly suitable. Our main problem lies with what the team does when we do not have the ball, and you could argue that our central defenders and central midfielders are just not good enough.

Emery should have been sacked before the internationals, but what is done is done.

If the fans now gets on the back of the interim manager, well, that isn't going to help our results one bit.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
On the formation issue: They'd been training the whole week under Emery. It would have been a royal sh!t show if he had tried to change it drastically with only ONE day to train!!!
On Passive Alibi approach: Lies, we attacked with far more character yesterday than we have done all season
On the job itself: Not sure if Freddie even wants this high profile job yet so early in his career. Are there statements that suggest he does?
Honestly mate, I wish I'm wrong on this one. Would really be fantastic to see Freddie smash it as a manger as he was one of my favourite players. This is a forum and we just write opinions, being right or wrong

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Honestly mate, I wish I'm wrong on this one. Would really be fantastic to see Freddie smash it as a manger as he was one of my favourite players. This is a forum and we just write opinions, being right or wrong
Fair enough. Thing is, nobody actually know if Freddie is hoping for this job permanently and I suspect he is not. It could potentially ruin a career he has not yet had a chance to even build. He's had 2 days to effect his changes. I'm stunned you think you were going to see radical changes so quickly. Have you ever played this sport at a level where tactics and formations are drilled into you? Doesn't sound like you have because anyone who has played at that level can tell you don't just click to something new in 2 days... Hence the term 'drilling it into them' because it needs to be done over and over and over and over and over... and over again

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We will have a permanent manager this weekend, watch this space.
I also think so. Everything on Freddie's face in the dugout suggested he was thinking "Just hang in there, this will be over soon, all you need to do is not fail spectacularly". He had the look of a man who knew and was quite happy with the fact that he is not going to get this job and he simply needs to keep things from further falling apart until we have the new man.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I also think so. Everything on Freddie's face in the dugout suggested he was thinking "Just hang in there, this will be over soon, all you need to do is not fail spectacularly". He had the look of a man who knew and was quite happy with the fact that he is not going to get this job and he simply needs to keep things from further falling apart until we have the new man.
For some reason I highly doubt we will, they said the process will take time & not many candidates will want to come mid season.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom