• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Would any of yous consider sticking with Ljungberg and going for Gerrard if he wins the league with Rangers?

He would gain respect and maybe draw a different attitude from players. Too soon? Who knows I am open to Arteta so for me no.

Why on earth should we sign Eeeyeah Steven Gerrard? Bang average according to Alex Ferguson.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I don’t give a damn about Sp**s. I just think we should have acted faster because we missed the boat with Klopp and Pep and should have landed Mourinho when we had the chance.

Our fans have always had a chip on their shoulder when it comes to Mourinho and have refused to give him the credit he deserves.

Mourinho was a great manager at one time. Maybe he will be again if he's been humbled and learned a few lessons. But in his last two jobs, Mourinho has created his own toxicity. The last thing Arsenal needs is a manager who uses his mouth and his relationships with players and the media to create a toxic atmosphere. Maybe he'll pay off for Sp**s, but I'd rather it be them that takes that chance.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Mourinho was a great manager at one time. Maybe he will be again if he's been humbled and learned a few lessons. But in his last two jobs, Mourinho has created his own toxicity. The last thing Arsenal needs is a manager who uses his mouth and his relationships with players and the media to create a toxic atmosphere. Maybe he'll pay off for Sp**s, but I'd rather it be them that takes that chance.
Elaborate on this toxicity? People keep repeating it without further explanation.

And if you can, please explain or give reason as to why Conte created the same toxicity and Ole is having the same issues at United?

Ferguson had problems with Pogba and his ego. The available evidence says there are issues out with the control of management. Yet the problems are lumped at the managers door.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Elaborate on this toxicity? People keep repeating it without further explanation.

And if you can, please explain or give reason as to why Conte created the same toxicity and Ole is having the same issues at United?

Ferguson had problems with Pogba and his ego. The available evidence says there are issues out with the control of management. Yet the problems are lumped at the managers door.

Had you been paying attention to Mourinho and his relationship with players in his previous two jobs, it would require no explanation.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Because Sp**s act in a proper way. They know how good he is but he just ran his course at Sp**s. They also know if he goes to someone like a United or Arsenal he will make them better.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

They clearly gave him his money with a non-compete clause.

We’d probably have to give them the same amount of compensation they paid to Pochettino.

I read they give Poch 12m over the next 6 months if he doesn't manage again meaning he can just wait 6 months and make 12M. Surely we can pay Poch near enough the same.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Lots of talk here about us being a has been club and not worth anything. :lol:

The delusion by some out here is spectacular to watch. I think some are in need of a reality check if they think we are deep in the doldrums with no credibility in the football market. Make no mistake, we arent at the levels we once were. But to think we are unable to attract some of the world's biggest names because of being lesser than the likes of Leicester, Sp**s and even Chelsea means you folks need to go and learn about football.

We are giants of the game, sleeping at the moment... but able to strike terror throughout the world once we are woken again.

SA Gunner

Potchettino, Rodgers, Nagelsman, Tuchel, Jardim, Ancelotti are names that we need to be targeting, and we should be taking our time to get in these names. We cannot afford to be going in circles anymore... we are in a rebuilding phase and its time to accept that and take it seriously.

I am willing to give Freddie until season's end, to allow us the chance to bring in someone special.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Potchettino, Rodgers, Nagelsman, Tuchel, Jardim, Ancelotti are names that we need to be targeting, and we should be taking our time to get in these names. We cannot afford to be going in circles anymore... we are in a rebuilding phase and its time to accept that and take it seriously.

I am willing to give Freddie until season's end, to allow us the chance to bring in someone special.

Do you not think it'll be harder possibly to bring in someone special next season if we miss out on CL? Likes of decent players pushing for moves, another year in EL etc. Feel like we have to push one of those names right now.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
They clearly gave him his money with a non-compete clause.

We’d probably have to give them the same amount of compensation they paid to Pochettino.
Can't see Levy negotiating in good faith here, he'd get killed by the press and his own fans if it happened. Remember this is the same guy who tried to delay the Bale transfer when he realised it meant Özil was coming to Arsenal as a result.

Poch was always a pipe dream tbf but this officially ends it.

SA Gunner

Do you not think it'll be harder possibly to bring in someone special next season if we miss out on CL? Likes of decent players pushing for moves, another year in EL etc. Feel like we have to push one of those names right now.

Ideally yes, but as mentioned in my previous post to the subject of your quote... I think we still have the pulling power.

Best case scenario would be to tie up our choice right away and begin working. Failing that, we secure a top top appointment now (Rodgers, Nagelsman, Tuchel, Jardim) and we start working towards the difficult road ahead.

I think Freddie and co have what it takes to make top four, despite our form right now. We have enough quality, and perhaps a chance in January, to put something together for the rest of the season... we just need some confidence.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can't see Levy negotiating in good faith here, he'd get killed by the press and his own fans if it happened. Remember this is the same guy who tried to delay the Bale transfer when he realised it meant Özil was coming to Arsenal as a result.

Poch was always a pipe dream tbf but this officially ends it.

What’s to negotiate though?

I might be really dense but I don’t see how it’s anything other than giving Levy the money he gave Poch.

It’s not like Poch is a contracted employee anymore.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
What’s to negotiate though?

I might be really dense but I don’t see how it’s anything other than giving Levy the money he gave Poch.

It’s not like Poch is a contracted employee anymore.
What if Levy just refuses to accept the money and waive the non compete?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Are these not the terms of Potchs financial package?

We might need to compensate him a mill or two but doubt anything to do with Sp**s other than saving them some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom