• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksarp

Never claimed I have. That's just means none of us has any idea how he does in training, Freddie does however. Slagging off Freddie after being at the job for 48 hours is just comical.

Then you’d agree then, that our only yardstick for measurement is game tape, right? Well game tape shows me he’s far far more effective than Saka.

Yes, it’s quite disappointing that Freddy literally picks the same midfield core that has been overrun game after game. Just calling out his decisions.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Seen some real stupid **** over the last 4 pages or so.

My guess is that the system Freddie went with is why Pepe did not appear, and his comment on Saka makes sense considering Saka used to be a left-back. It's not ideal - Pepe still should have come on - but it's plausible. Therefore, these accusations about his attitude are complete bollocks IMO. Also don't like the revisionism on his performances - goals aside, he was ****ing playing quite well and right when he got a brace, Emery stopped ****ing playing him for no reason. Same with Nelson aswell. He got hurt right when he started playing well, now he's "not that good". Get the **** outta here.

I have full confidence in Pepe, just needs trust and game time moving forward.

I still don't understand what Emery was doing, just as he looked to be improving, and then scored a brace, he got dropped! Jesus, if you want to drain a players fragile confidence, that's a pretty good way to do it. Laca is a good player but doesn't fit and lacks pace, personally I'd play Martinelli Auba Pepe as front 3 and stick with it for a decent period. Part of Emery's problem was never knowing his best 11, so settle on a starting team and stop playing with it too much. Our defence is never going to be great with these players so get the attack right & outscore the opposition.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

That's what I see as well. I mean, Theo Walcott carved out a good career here for himself with half the talent at best, and that's not even an exaggeration. Pepe has unquestionable dribbling skills, real pace and a great left foot. Just needs his head to get in sync.

This is exactly it, we have all seen it . Not starting is punishment enough but he should have brought him on with 10 mins to go . Norwich would have dropped deep after the first time he drops his shoulder .

scytheavatar

Established Member
This is exactly it, we have all seen it . Not starting is punishment enough but he should have brought him on with 10 mins to go . Norwich would have dropped deep after the first time he drops his shoulder .

Yeah they would have dropped deep and then Pepe would become useless. Pepe right now should be working hard in training to improve on his shortcomings, Walcott indeed has half of Pepe's talent but he is an order of magnitude more effective cause he actually doesn't need 10 seconds to get his shot away.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What's odd is that such a massive point is being made about Pepe in training. The reason we as a fan base are so confused is that we literally see none of that when he plays. He runs his guts off and against Sheffield United he had an incredible first half. All he lacked was end product, which he then produced with two superb goals and he has been dropped since.

Yet we have players like Guendouzi who visibly made no attempt to track a man against Rennes and got no punishment, Kolasinac has been diabolical, Xhaka basically dropped himself and even after what he did he is now back as the first name on the team sheet, Lacazette is visibly throwing toys out of his pram and not to mention Özil, where the manager made it public that he doesn't train will, is now a sure starter.

Pepe is probably thinking wtf is going on. I may as well just wait till this new manager gets here.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Slow down cowboy. Pepe is not a flop.
looking like a flop and being a flop are two separate notions. I stated clearly I was willing to give him till the end of the season but fact is he has done nothing so far except a couple of beautiful free kicks.. Bentley scored freekicks..
Hope he comes good. Love his quick feet.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Then you’d agree then, that our only yardstick for measurement is game tape, right? Well game tape shows me he’s far far more effective than Saka.

Yes, it’s quite disappointing that Freddy literally picks the same midfield core that has been overrun game after game. Just calling out his decisions.
By his comments Freddie seems to be taking the 'cohesion through consistency' route he would have no doubt adopted from Arsène

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Him and Martinelli should be our starting wingers for the short term at least, having a player on each wing you can trust with the ball at their feet will make a noticeable improvement in our play.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Him and Martinelli should be our starting wingers for the short term at least, having a player on each wing you can trust with the ball at their feet will make a noticeable improvement in our play.

agree. if we are to play with 2 wingers then those 2 are the best we have ATM. I am not even buying into Pepe being out of form or whatever. It's not like anyone else is on form to keep him out of the team.
He always has 2 or 3 defenders on him, helps team so much with that.
Don't know what's truly going on in the training ground but unless he did something he shouldn't then we are making a mistake for not sticking with him. This only puts more pressure on him.
Hopefully coaches don't look at his body language in the trainings and expect him to be something he ain't.
Let him be him, and bench him when he actually plays crap, instead of playing others on his position who constantly play bellow average

Riou

agree. if we are to play with 2 wingers then those 2 are the best we have ATM. I am not even buying into Pepe being out of form or whatever. It's not like anyone else is on form to keep him out of the team.
He always has 2 or 3 defenders on him, helps team so much with that.
Don't know what's truly going on in the training ground but unless he did something he shouldn't then we are making a mistake for not sticking with him. This only puts more pressure on him.
Hopefully coaches don't look at his body language in the trainings and expect him to be something he ain't.
Let him be him, and bench him when he actually plays crap, instead of playing others on his position who constantly play bellow average

He doesn’t seem like the type to do anything behind the scenes either, seems like a nice and shy boy...he is one of our few players who has the ability to dribble past players, plus he is our record signing, we should be doing everything we can to help him succeed here.

Wasn’t Vieira one of the worst in training, according to Keown I think...yet he played pretty damn well on match day!

yybecause

He doesn’t seem like the type to do anything behind the scenes either, seems like a nice and shy boy...he is one of our few players who has the ability to dribble past players, plus he is our record signing, we should be doing everything we can to help him succeed here.

Wasn’t Vieira one of the worst in training, according to Keown I think...yet he played pretty damn well on match day!

Most of the great players were **** at training. Some of them used to not show up, or would come in drunk...Yet, they would go to become legends.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Most of the great players were **** at training. Some of them used to not show up, or would come in drunk...Yet, they would go to become legends.
There is way more competition these days. Also that is exceptions to the rule.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
. I am not even buying into Pepe being out of form or whatever. It's not like anyone else is on form to keep him out of the team.
Must admit, I find this the most baffling. How garbage is he at training that he isn't making the starting team because the starting team are garbage every week.

yybecause

Must admit, I find this the most baffling. How garbage is he at training that he isn't making the starting team because the starting team are garbage every week.
We can't know.
I just hope we don't expect him to set the world on fire on trainings just because he was supposed to be our top player.
He is new here and needs support and understanding.

I think people are going some distances making stuff up that he was having some good season because he manage one or two nice dribbles that lead to nothing or scored two free kicks against farmer keeper and farmer set up defense wall.

The truth is that he never has looked anything closely good enough to be starting at the moment and he needs to start delivering in training and in matches. The managers can't be blamed for not giving him starts when season is going badly hand he is the player that has contributed zero all season. He only can blame him self.

The warning signs were there when we signed him. He has long way to go to become 72 M player. In fact he has a long way to go to become 12 M player. Time for him to put in some work and get ready for next season!

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
I’d have got him on too. Just his free kick ability alone regardless of how he’s looked in training would have been enough.

Riou

Any coach who would have not played Hazard because he was lazy in training is incompetent. If Pepe doesn't play at all next game I'll be worried tbh.

I am hoping Freddie wants to ease him in with what should be, on paper at least, a very winnable home game...maybe Pepe’s confidence is that low right now, and Freddie just wants him to gain some...but as you say questions need to be asked if he doesn’t play on Thursday, as Nicolas is still our best winger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom