• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Brighton | December 5, 20:15 GMT | Amazon Prime

What will the result of the match be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
With Laca's far better form/goals at Emirates than away and intensive run of tough games coming up, this might be a good match to give some breather to Auba.

Saka(Nelson) - Laca - Pepe
Özil
Torreira - Xhaka
Tierney - Luiz - Sokratis(Holding) - Bellerin
Leno
A team like this would provide good protection to our defence: Torreira at CDM, Xhaka at #6 and the transitions from defence to attack would be quicker: Luiz - Xhaka- Özil - Attack

Hope we win and we do so in a good display of exciting football. It can be a great motivation boost for Freddie and the team.

RichWeath

Not if your interest is 1 team. Why do you guys have to choose who you watch while I (in SA) can watch any one of the 20 PL teams every single week without fail. I'm not complaining but seems unfair on you lot.

I have a subscription service I pay £50 a year for and I get every single English game on my tv

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Not if your interest is 1 team. Why do you guys have to choose who you watch while I (in SA) can watch any one of the 20 PL teams every single week without fail. I'm not complaining but seems unfair on you lot.
In India, you pay something like 1000 Rupees a year which translates to 11 pound per year for a hotstar subscription. They stream ALL PL MATCHES. I can watch whichever match I care about. In UK, I have to get 3 subscriptions to cover most matches and I still will not be able to watch all the matches. Each of these subscriptions cost from 10 to 30 pounds per month. And then they complain about streaming and piracy.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
In India, you pay something like 1000 Rupees a year which translates to 11 pound per year for a hotstar subscription. They stream ALL PL MATCHES. I can watch whichever match I care about. In UK, I have to get 3 subscriptions to cover most matches and I still will not be able to watch all the matches. Each of these subscriptions cost from 10 to 30 pounds per month. And then they complain about streaming and piracy.
That is absolutely ludicrous!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
desperately need to win here the fans in emirates are already toxic need good results so we can turn things around. don't know what Freddie would go for this time but i hope he settle for a team changing it every week like Emery won't help.

Manberg

Predator
I trust in Freddie. In the post match interview after Norwich he said “we know what we need to do”. He has a plan.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I trust in Freddie. In the post match interview after Norwich he said “we know what we need to do”. He has a plan.
Knowing and doing are two different things. I know we need to win games. Just dont know how.

pikey2000

I get the impression from his presset that he is hinting toward Brighton being a good side but we are at home and we need to push our game on them first with an eye on stopping them breaking so easily on us, whereas toward the end Emery was very much setup defensively, worry about the opposition first then try to impose our game which just invited pressure on us.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow, just hope Pepe gets a run out along with KT, dont really want to see Mustafi but if I'm honest I don't think our other cbs are that much bette to warrant a meltdown of they dont start.

The way I see we are much like Chelsea this season, suspect defensively with decent offense, only difference I see is that they have been attacking the opposition which relieves pressure on there shaky defense whereas weve been inviting teams on and not imposing ourselves for long enough periods, confident Freddie will do that.

Looking forward to a game for the first time in a while.

A first for the PL as every game this week is being broadcast by Amazon. No idea what that means for the illegal stream gang.

Second game for Super Fred to hopefully get his ideas into some of the players, were promising signs yesterday even if we look soft at the back.

Brighton have been very good this year under Graham Potter, they’ve played a good brand of football and have rarely been hammered. Did very well against Liverpool on the weekend.

The kid Connolly along with Trossard and Maupay have been the standouts.

Line up I’d go with is:

Leno
Hecçy - Chambers - Luiz - KT
Torreira - Guendo
Pepe - Özil - Saka
Auba

We play again very shortly afterwards so might want to keep Laca rested for the Irons game.
Everything but Martinelli in place of Saka for me. Saka looked out of his depth vs Norwich plus Martinelli is a huge goal threat.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't have much confidence to be honest. He said:

“The main thing I saw in the game is that we let them get into situations where it was just a sprint. It was not about football or technical stuff, they just went in a competitive sprint with our player.

“We want to stop that, so that’s something we will focus on.”

So how do you stop a sprint? You put players in there who can sprint also. Yet the likelihood is we will see Xhaka and Guendouzi again.

zilfy

I think we will see some heavy rotation considering this is the 2nd of 4 games in the space of 2 weeks.
So I think we will see pepe, KT, Heccy, Sok, etc all starting, possibly martinelli too

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don't have much confidence to be honest. He said:

“The main thing I saw in the game is that we let them get into situations where it was just a sprint. It was not about football or technical stuff, they just went in a competitive sprint with our player.

“We want to stop that, so that’s something we will focus on.”

So how do you stop a sprint? You put players in there who can sprint also. Yet the likelihood is we will see Xhaka and Guendouzi again.

But who else is there? Torreria isn't fast with his midget legs. Xhaka is dead slow, Guendouzi isn't lightning but isn't slow either. Willock maybe faster but didnt do much at the weekend.

It's not like we are blessed with Henry paced CMs.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
But who else is there? Torreria isn't fast with his midget legs. Xhaka is dead slow, Guendouzi isn't lightning but isn't slow either. Willock maybe faster but didnt do much at the weekend.

It's not like we are blessed with Henry paced CMs.

Guendouzi IS slow. He gets dribbled past roughly 2 times per game and I am not even talking about a proper dribble. the opposition player pushes the ball and chases it completely outpacing him.

I would go with a 4 4 2 without possession and a 4 3 3 in possession. Guendouzi can't run up and down but he can shuffle across.

Out of possession:

--------------Auba--------Pepe
Nelson--Willock----Guendouzi--AMN
Tierney----Someone---Someone--Bellerin
------------------------Leno

In possession you give Pepe freedom to drift and you tuck AMN in to protect you from the counter. You play Willock deeper as he doesn't have to break forward constantly with Nelson playing.

---------------------------Auba
-------------------------------------------Pepe
Tierney----Nelson------------------------Bellerin
------------------Willock-------AMN
------------------------Guendouzi
-----------------Someone---Someone
-----------------------------Leno

Nelson works well with Tierney as he comes inside more than Saka. Plus he has a high work rate. Willock is much better from deep. AMN can recover constantly, better than anyone in our entire squad. So we should use him to put our counters. Then if you want to shut the game down you bring in Torrieira for Douzi.

But what do I Know Xhaka trains hard and Lacazette is amazing. so they they wont be dropped.

However Freddie can't coach them distances in 4 sessions. The only way to solve the issue of sprinting is via personal. We get to hung up on possession and building play. AMN doesn't have a good enough first touch, blah blah blah. Yet it he played vs Norwich in midfield, or right back. He would have shut down every single counter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom