• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Ornstein retweeted an article which says 'Poch would be open to taking on a job at the Emirates despite Sp**s ties'..... :eek:
Everyone going crazy about one throwaway line when the article is all about the fact that Potch wants the United job.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

United will always have a great pull. If given the opportunity, he will go there.

Their next two games are huge for both us and them. If they get hammered by Jose then City surely Ole will be gone.

However, if he can get say four points out of that I reckon he’s safe until the summer.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Everyone going crazy about one throwaway line when the article is all about the fact that Potch wants the United job.

That's not what I read. Go suck off Brendon.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
If you couldn't read the earnest emotion on his face in his final home game, then I can't help you. But this notion that he has no DNA because he hasn't told City to feck off or that he played for Everton before (WHILE WE HAD CESC) is ridiculous. It is well documented that Arteta always liked Arsenal. We showed interest several times while he was at Everton. Just because YOU didn't like him while he was here doesn't mean he hasn't always loved Arsenal.

No idea why it would be a convenience either? What would he have gained from that?

DNA comes from when you are born or adopted

He didnt spend time here as a youth or that long

Just liking doesnt count

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we get Poch I will literally (and yes I know the meaning of literally) **** to the news.

2MxYRUinsiWatyFf9bX-M-fnL3DW6vFlRKa9aBGY2UhDQeJbA3WcRiCyHJTh-lEeRcUOkLqJ_m43j-AEpxiPD2sXEGtTzg=s1200

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
So in other words 99.99999% of the players who play for us will not be considered to have Arsenal DNA. That includes Henry, Viera, Ljungberg, RVP, Bergkamp

Pretty dumb criteria if it excludes most of our recent greats.

Arteta was also here half a decade. What is a long time then??

RVP's arsenal DNA hasn't prevented him to join our rival.

I think those days are well and truely over. We're in an era where being a football player is a job like any other job. Players now are much more mobile, and think more about their individual career. Because they also know that they could get binned at the first occasion if they don't meet expectations. So why would they be loyal to clubs who aren't loyal to them?

It's the same for coaches.

Poch will do what's best for his career. If we sell him a good project, and back him in the market, Arsenal is a very attractive job. And it might be a unique opportunity in his career, who knows. Football goes so fast.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
If Poch signs for ManU we are absolutely screwed. Their never ending heavy spending paired with a good manager is going to lift lift them back to the top.

Both, ManU and Sp**s going into the next years with a superior manager will kill us.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
RVP's arsenal DNA hasn't prevented him to join our rival.

I think those days are well and truely over. We're in an era where being a football player is a job like any other job. Players now are much more mobile, and think more about their individual career. Because they also know that they could get binned at the first occasion if they don't meet expectations. So why would they be loyal to clubs who aren't loyal to them?

It's the same for coaches.
That's hardly the point here. I agree actually but I'm simply stating that his criteria for so-called Arsenal DNA is ridiculous.
Yes, the game is more a career and a job where you pick your empoyer based on your individual needs and desires but there is no doubt that these players draw inspiration from certain clubs growing up etc. His claim that Arteta doesn't have Arsenal DNA is a bizarre one given that Arteta claimed most of his career his boyhood support went in part to Arsenal, he literally wept when he left and any empathetic human being could tell his emotion for the club was absolutely genuine and furthermore because he has (with that criteria) ruled out even those players from the glory years who truly did love Arsenal... Just absolute nonsense criteria and it would have been far truer and simpler to state what you just have instead of him going off on a tangent to make up impossible criteria for this...

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
If Poch signs for ManU we are absolutely screwed. Their never ending heavy spending paired with a good manager is going to lift lift them back to the top.

Both, ManU and Sp**s going into the next years with a superior manager will kill us.

Yeah sure, like LVG & Mourinho were bums managers.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

A friend of mine who works with Adidas as been asked to print the initials 'MP' on a load of Arsenal training gear. Just text me now.

Make of that what you will.
I would have thought it would be a bit early that we'd already have a new permanent manager lined up though, as much as I hope thats right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom