• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Freddie Ljungberg

Joestlaachmkr

Honestly can't believe people are turning on Freddie already, less than one week in.

Our fan base doesn't deserve much.
I`m def not turning my back against Freddie, i fully support him and i hope he succeeds. But we could have appointed a more experienced manager, if we had sacked Emery 2 weeks before we could have gotten Mourinho or we could have gotten Allegri if the board had handled things differently.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Monsieur Wenger to backseat coach the team? We’ve got our Arsenal back!

Oh **** yeah! :bounce:

2ckluj.jpg

AKBs to the WOB after they thought Arsène would never be back at the club!

Please everyone who sees this take this as a joke, don’t want to cause a war...just here for the fun banter!

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If this was Bergkamp in charge, guarantee someone would say he didn't score enough.

Only scored 4 league goals during the Invincible season?

Even Chamakh got more than that! ;)

boyinneedofhumor

I don't expect Freddie to do too many stuff with the squad within a short span. It takes time.

His primary approach, I suspect, will be to "score one more than the average opposition", because that'll buy time.
And I do think he can translate that aspect across to the players faster and surprise some, i.e. finding pockets of space to run/attack.

pikey2000

yep he talks about getting in behind more often in his presser which doesn't suprise me as he was always a midfielder who liked to make astute runs forward and its something we did/do on a painfully low frequency.

You watch teams against us and at times they are popping balls over the top of our defence and running in behind for fun, you also look at the likes of Man City and Sterling and co are constantly making runs in behind and opening teams up with easy 1-2's around the box, give and goes that are hard to defend against, whereas with us Emery always seemed like a percentages man to me, i.e get it wide to a full back / winger and get it into the box, do that often enough and you get something fall in your favour, hopefully Freddie can't get us being a little more intelligent than that.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Isn’t he a big fan of Pep? Maybe we’ll see more tactical fouls soon to solve that
He said that during his coaching he studied a lot of Pep. Not sure what he actually took from him in fairness - there's more of Wenger in him, and maybe a little bit of Klopp (he favored quite physical+workmanlike midfields during his stint as U23 boss. Olayinka, Gilmour and Willock were his preferred 3 often).

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I have massive faith in Freddie. Even if he isn't the boss for long this season, I really hope he takes over for good at some point in the future

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I personally don't think he's ready for such a big task yet. But I'd be happily prooved wrong.

Will at least be less frustrating for the players to work with than Unai was, so that's a plus.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I personally don't think he's ready for such a big task yet. But I'd be happily prooved wrong.

Will at least be less frustrating for the players to work with than Unai was, so that's a plus.
Not sure many here think he is ready which is why we need to let him just steady the ship while we wait on the main appointment.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
In these two pressers, I find it enlightening that Freddie is so open about our deficiencies and where he will look to improve upon. In stark contrast to Emery, he's making pressers interesting again. Who knows, maybe he's trying to charm the fans and the owners to trust him more.

But then it got me thinking he may be revealing too much and the oppo managers might find his way of thinking about tactics, thus exploiting it on the pitch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom