• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Livommar

It’s funny how people are mentioning Rodgers. Rodgers is the equivalent of an attacking Mourinho. By that I mean, he will walk in and pick his 2-3 players to base his team on. And then he will rinse that out and put every effort into a system that helps his star players. By the end he will have more or less destroyed any actual development in the squad. Just like Mourinho does but in a defensive way.

Celtic is a free pass. Even Emery won at PSG. Look before that - what did Rodgers actually do at LFC? He took credit for a team that rode on the back of Suarez. He literally set the whole team up to take advantage of Suarez. If it wasn’t for him, Brendan’s little bit of glory - which was bottling the title, wouldn’t even exist. He never cared about LFC or developing the team. Just about self promotion.

When Suarez went, the star was Sterling. Again, he chose a player and based his team on him. I believe, although I may be incorrect as I do not follow them that closely, that when Suarez was the man that Sterling used to play wing back to accommodate two strikers (Sturridge another example of Brendan using a player to hype up his star). Yet when Suarez left Sterling is the main man and in the West Indies on a break over winter while the rest of the squad plays. Brendan said this was pre-agreed.

A few posts up I saw a top 5 with Klopp and Rodgers in it. I’m sorry but look at LFC. What Klopp did was transform them to be moulded into his philosophy and they have been playing consistently Klopp’s football since day 1. When he had rubbish players he played that way. Then he built season on season with a few players and they still played that way. Then they paid big for a CD and a GK and they still play that way. How is that similar to Rodgers who milked every situation to self promote himself.

Sorry but any gooner that wants Rodgers is deluded because that same gooner will be here complaining about the train wreck the squad is further down the line after he is done with it. When we are starting from a bad place we can’t really have someone that leaves squads worse off being the managerial choice.

Yep. Look at Rodgers European record and his recruitment record.

Klopp has to completely rebuild Liverpool. Lennon has to rebuild Celtic. Celtic are the City/PSG of Scotland and Rodgers was still lining up with 8/9 players in his starting 11 that were signed by previous managers because of how bad he is at recruitment.

When he recruitment caught up with him at both Liverpool and Celtic he then started to try and shift the blame onto the respective boards, and actually sabotaged certain transfers to blame the boards.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-city-celtic-fsg-john-henry-epl-a9142616.html

Undoubtedly a good coach but there’s a reason his methods only work short term. He’s a sociopath.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Listening to Statsbomb podcast. Ted Knutson recommends Marco Rose. I like that choice.

Here is some analysis on Rose.

Looks a very interesting option. It would be a satisfying appointment if we could get in Rose.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
@Toby Andrl has sh*t on our chances of getting him many times :lol:

:lol: Count on @Toby Andrl to rain on our parade.

This would be a left field appointment in the mould of Fonseca and Jardim. A gamble but having an ability to be a gem for us. Its a shame we have let go of someone like Mislintat because this is exactly the kind of setup I feel he would thrive in.

Also, I dont think Raul and co have such vision.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

This would be a left field appointment in the mould of Fonseca and Jardim. A gamble but having an ability to be a gem for us. Its a shame we have let go of someone like Mislintat because this is exactly the kind of setup I feel he would thrive in.

Tbf, Mislintat didn't did a great job at Arsenal. His signing aren't a huge success. Only Leno & Guendouzi have met expectations so far.
Torreira has been disappointing and we need a better athlete at the job, Sokratis meh, Lichsteiner :lol: dino has been a bust so far can't stay fit to save his life

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tbf, Mislintat didn't did a great job at Arsenal. His signing aren't a huge success. Only Leno & Guendouzi have met expectations so far.
Torreira has been disappointing and we need a better athlete at the job, Sokratis meh, Lichsteiner :lol: dino has been a bust so far can't stay fit to save his life

In terms of value for money though his signings are much more interesting. The likes of Lichtsteiner and Dino required a minimal outlay.

Expectations of his players shouldn’t go too far above their price tags.

Also we’re in a bad way so it’s hard to judge how good the players are.

Joestlaachmkr

The standings so far in the AM Manager popularity contest

1. Pochettino - 68.1%

2. Brendan Rodgers - 41.6%

3. Mikel Arteta - 34.3%

4. Max Allegri - 19.9%

5. Freddie Ljungberg - 18.7%

6. Nuno Espirito Santo - 10.2%

The rest in single digits. AM hath spoken.
I know this poll is irrelevant, but its worrying that Allegri only have slightly more votes than what Ljungberg has or that Arteta almost have 3 times more votes than what Nuno has.

Last edited:

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
In terms of value for money though his signings are much more interesting. The likes of Lichtsteiner and Dino required a minimal outlay.

Expectations of his players shouldn’t go too far above their price tags.

Also we’re in a bad way so it’s hard to judge how good the players are.

My main issue with his signings is that they didn't bring anything to the table. Even though I really rate Guendouzi, this wasn't the kind of midfielder we needed. I'm happy he's at the club but he's failed to make a signing to fix our lack of impact in midfield.

He's the one who brought Sokratis even though it was known you can't have him if you want to play from the back. Emery has been very clear from day 1 on his ambitions to play from the back. And yet Sven has brought a terrible defender at passing the ball.
Sokratis was just another Mustafi kind of CB, who's very harsh and prone to errors when we needed a more composed CB to bring some balance back.

He's the one who made the call for Torreira. I'm not so sure it was a good idea to bring a midget to play at the 6 when we're already very light on impact.
I still rate the player, I don't think he's rubbish like some other members do. But he's made no significant impact to this team.

We can't put all the blame on the manager either.

He's failed as much as anyone else did at building this squad.

OSBK

Established Member
I know this poll is irrelevant, but its worrying that Allegri only have slightly more votes than what Ljungberg has or that Arteta almost have 3 times more votes than what Nuno has.

The allegri one is undertandable. Cant remember who but someone on here pointed out some great points about allegri and the playerbase available to him and his style of play.

Im surprised about nuno, he is certainly a talented young manager who should really be level with rodgers.

Arteta is a pipedream. He was a standard player for us and is riding the city success wave. Putting him in charge at arsenal is like giving phil jones the reins at utd.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

My main issue with his signings is that they didn't bring anything to the table. Even though I really rate Guendouzi, this wasn't the kind of midfielder we needed. I'm happy he's at the club but he's failed to make a signing to fix our lack of impact in midfield.

He's the one who brought Sokratis even though it was known you can't have him if you want to play from the back. Emery has been very clear from day 1 on his ambitions to play from the back. And yet Sven has brought a terrible defender at passing the ball.
Sokratis was just another Mustafi kind of CB, who's very harsh and prone to errors when we needed a more composed CB to bring some balance back.

He's the one who made the call for Torreira. I'm not so sure it was a good idea to bring a midget to play at the 6 when we're already very light on impact.
I still rate the player, I don't think he's rubbish like some other members do. But he's made no significant impact to this team.

We can't put all the blame on the manager either.

He's failed as much as anyone else did at building this squad.

The point is he had hardly any windows to build the squad, he was in the job for barely a year.

We didn’t bring in any expensive flops that we wouldn’t be able to sell like in the Gazidis. The signings were uninspiring to a degree but they were essentially free hits.

The last regime was clearly a toxic one so we need some time to assess how good the players are before we call them definitive successes or failures.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

I'm becoming a bit disillusioned on Raul. I like that he talked up bringing through the academy players but he doesn't seem to be very good at bringing a guy who's going to fall in line with the overall objectives that the top brass themselves have given out - in terms of style of play and philosophy. Suggests they don't really know what they're doing. I read that Raul's main pick to replace Emery was Luis Enrique. That doesn't bode well to me - nor does it suggests that Raul is willing to do the right recon for a new Head Coach.

The 4 man committee is supposed to be Raul, Vinai, Edu and Fahmy. Firstly, why is Vinai on it? Secondly, why is Marcel Lucassen (the literal head of coach AND player development at the club) not on it either? Having seen his work and the interview he gave the other day, he should 100% be on that committee. Also, they should probably put StatDNA to use by actually analysing overall team dynamics and tactics of prospective managers (or hey, let's just have the StatDNA boss on the committee). That way, we can find the right fit without blowing our whole load onto the biggest name we can draw in - regardless of whether they fit the profile and criteria or not.

Leeroy1979

Bored of hitting refresh to see the same old names so thinking of some alternative options....Martinez and Henry bringing their Belgium double act? Lucian favre? Koeman? Just spitballing ideas here

Leeroy1979

typical wenger loyalist who won’t accept that the man was finished and made plenty of blunders :lol:

who signed Lacazette and aubameyang in consecutive windows and what was that point of signing the former?

Who signed Xhaka?

who persisted with a championship level GK like Almunia for years?

Wenger failed to fix the defense for over a decade and signed the likes of Silvestre and Squillaci. Luiz and Papa are world beaters compared to them.

yes blame the board now for not giving him funds, as if you need to spend 50m to buy superior players to Almunia, Chamakh, Silvestre, Squillaci etc

the only “numpties” are the wenger worshippers who refuse to accept that he was finished and the club had to move on.

the straw that broke the camel’s back was when his team producing relegation form in 2016 after beating Leicester at the Emirates and reducing the point to 1 gap only.

Not to mention he didn’t sign a single outfield player the previous summer.

Emery failed badly, but he also had to clean up the mess that Wenger created over a decade.

Players with piss poor mentality, no defensive structure, liabilities like Özil on absurd wages etc. blaming the board and the lack of funds is a convenient excuse.

Sure they played a part, but Wenger’s own decline and refusal to evolve ultimately proved his downfall..

There is a reason why no big club has touched wenger with a barge pole since he left arsenal. That is all that needs to be said. The man was finished as an elite manager.

Disagree with so much of this post.

Joestlaachmkr

I dont understand why most Gooners are so negatvie towards the idea of Eddie Howe becoming Arsenal boss, he has done wonders with Bournemouth. My top 5 favourites to succeed Wenger ahead of the 2018/19 season was 1. Thomas Tuchel 2. Luis Enrique 3. Max Allgri 4. Brendan Rodgers 5. Eddie Howe.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Bored of hitting refresh to see the same old names so thinking of some alternative options....Martinez and Henry bringing their Belgium double act? Lucian favre? Koeman? Just spitballing ideas here
If your spitting ideas like Koeman out, i suggest you hold your saliva.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I dont understand why most Gooners are so negatvie towards the idea of Eddie Howe becoming Arsenal boss, he has done wonders with Bournemouth. My top 5 favourites to succeed Wenger ahead of the 2018/19 season was 1. Thomas Tuchel 2. Luis Enrique 3. Max Allgri 4. Brendan Rodgers 5. Eddie Howe.
He's currently struggling to produce a decent attack against 10 man Crystal Palace. Palace looks the more dangerous side.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Until the end of the season, I would maybe play safe with Ancelloti. Things are crazy at Napoli with several players poised to force an exit. With CL, we'd possibly be able to attract Koulibaly, Allan, Mertens, Callejon, Ruiz and others because of him. His experience and ability to win would be invaluable. I'm not sure we can ever think long term again, but Vieira, Arteta know the league and an ex captain might be enough to buy patience from the fans. If we want a not too old coach with experience, then try for Mancini. Nagelsmann and Ten Haag might be out of reach.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Who is Dino??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom