• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
Ancelotti will not improve us.Would be a huge mistake.

Imagine managing one of the most talented teams in history for near a decade and winning the league ONCE.

AC Milan remembers.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Id have taken Carlo before Unai but now with Poch on the table id take him as last resort/ safe pair of hands.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
He did fairly well at Chelsea i would say.

For a season then fell apart.

Like I said the man is a front runner, give him the best team in a league he'll win it maybe 33% of the time.

But he's not the time of manager to get the team playing better than the sum of its parts, and seeing as we'll never have a clear talent advantage or financial advantage over the rest of the league that's the type of manager we desperately need.

Someone who can do a lot with a little not someone who can do a bit with a lot, occasionally.

Joestlaachmkr

The most successful manager in the CL history isn't good enough for Arsenal in its worse state right now. :lol:

He's one of the most respected coach in the game by players and his peers and has beaten pretty much anyone else there is to beat, but yet, somehow, he wouldn't improve us. :lol:

Come on
Typical AFC mentality, no coach in the world are good enough to become Arsenal boss according to the majority of Gooners.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The most successful manager in the CL history isn't good enough for Arsenal in its worse state right now. :lol:

He's one of the most respected coach in the game by players and his peers and has beaten pretty much anyone else there is to beat, but yet, somehow, he wouldn't improve us. :lol:

Come on

People would genuinely prefer Arteta or Ljungberg :lol:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Tbf, Mislintat didn't did a great job at Arsenal. His signing aren't a huge success. Only Leno & Guendouzi have met expectations so far.
Torreira has been disappointing and we need a better athlete at the job, Sokratis meh, Lichsteiner :lol: dino has been a bust so far can't stay fit to save his life

I think when looking at his work it's far more telling to look at squad issues when he took over, what kind of players he signed in the end, how much money he spent and of course how they turned out in the long term - but not only that. And you gotta keep in mind Mislintat is someone who also thinks longterm.

Torreira was a fine signing that worked out in the beginning very well. Towards that first season he was run into the ground physically, dropped off, had another international tournament iirc and now has been played in an off position.

Sokratis might have been a bit uninspiring in terms of he took what was on the market obviously, but the defense needed an experienced guy in there and in terms of his accomplishments with Dortmund and pedigree, he was good value for money.

Same actually goes for Lichtsteiner. Arsenal needed a backup. And as much as people love to have young talents as backups, it's not a very feasible option if you have starting quality in a position, like Bellerin at RB, and need someone to fill in for a couple of games every now and then. A youngster needs gametime, selected gametime, and not a backup role to a set starter. Lichtsteiner was a logical solution to that. He did turn out far more beyond it physically than expected, but that's a general hit and miss, I guess, and a lot of DoFs have that.

He recognized the team needed more goals and he went out and got Aubameyang, the only available top striker at the time - and Auba has added goals to this time.

Guendouzi is a raw talent and he was brought in as just that. Nobody was going to foresee Emery the Messiah was going to use him almost every game partnered with a similar player in Xhaka and actually contributing to stalling his development.

Leno was a brilliant signing, btw. Very underrated.

I could go on and tell you about Mislintat's work at Stuttgart, but it would get too long. But let me just say this: His work there isn't without failure, absolutely not, but you can see a clear plan in terms of longterm thinking and squadbuilding on multiple levels: promotion aspirations, player age, player character, player profile and position, talent or setteld 2. BL player. It hasn't come off perfectly, but you get what the guy is trying to do.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Would prefer Carlo to Allegri, we have better attackers than defenders anyway...if we go experienced, I would want Carlo.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit

Come on

We must avoid at all cost the Man United mistake of hiring names without considering what value they can bring to a club.

Easy to talk about someone's success but also balance it out by talking about that persons failures.

I'd hate to end up in another situation where I hear about why some guy with consecutive Europa league titles is the PERFECT candidate for Arsenal whilst ignoring the glaringly obvious red flags.

There are no perfect managers but we need to hire for fit not name recognition.

Reactions: jvw

Joestlaachmkr

For a season then fell apart.

Like I said the man is a front runner, give him the best team in a league he'll win it maybe 33% of the time.

But he's not the time of manager to get the team playing better than the sum of its parts, and seeing as we'll never have a clear talent advantage or financial advantage over the rest of the league that's the type of manager we desperately need.

Someone who can do a lot with a little not someone who can do a bit with a lot, occasionally.
Ancelotti are not Marcello Lippi or Max Allegri, but i would rate him higher than other italian managers like Mancini, Sarri or Conte. And he is said to be an excellent manager when it comes to man management.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
what's this thread title btw? Saw a tweet referring to a certain Samuel, but there is nothing on his timeline about that?

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?
Choke me Ancelotti daddy

UZ7MGCY.jpg

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ancelotti is in decline, has been for a few years now, and currently facing the sack.

When you look at the absolute elite managers who you would consider “game changers”, Carlo is not that and has not been that for years.

Suits our walk into mediocrity though.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I think when looking at his work it's far more telling to look at squad issues when he took over, what kind of players he signed in the end, how much money he spent and of course how they turned out in the long term - but not only that. And you gotta keep in mind Mislintat is someone who also thinks longterm.

Torreira was a fine signing that worked out in the beginning very well. Towards that first season he was run into the ground physically, dropped off, had another international tournament iirc and now has been played in an off position.

Sokratis might have been a bit uninspiring in terms of he took what was on the market obviously, but the defense needed an experienced guy in there and in terms of his accomplishments with Dortmund and pedigree, he was good value for money.

Same actually goes for Lichtsteiner. Arsenal needed a backup. And as much as people love to have young talents as backups, it's not a very feasible option if you have starting quality in a position, like Bellerin at RB, and need someone to fill in for a couple of games every now and then. A youngster needs gametime, selected gametime, and not a backup role to a set starter. Lichtsteiner was a logical solution to that. He did turn out far more beyond it physically than expected, but that's a general hit and miss, I guess, and a lot of DoFs have that.

He recognized the team needed more goals and he went out and got Aubameyang, the only available top striker at the time - and Auba has added goals to this time.

Guendouzi is a raw talent and he was brought in as just that. Nobody was going to foresee Emery the Messiah was going to use him almost every game partnered with a similar player in Xhaka and actually contributing to stalling his development.

Leno was a brilliant signing, btw. Very underrated.

I could go on and tell you about Mislintat's work at Stuttgart, but it would get too long. But let me just say this: His work there isn't without failure, absolutely not, but you can see a clear plan in terms of longterm thinking and squadbuilding on multiple levels: promotion aspirations, player age, player character, player profile and position, talent or setteld 2. BL player. It hasn't come off perfectly, but you get what the guy is trying to do.

He got decent players, but they weren't the kind of profiles needed to make an immediat impact into this team.
Leno is his biggest success imo. Good modern keeper, who can play from the back like we needed to. I wasn't sure he was going to succeed but he deserves credits for this pick.

Auba was an obvious choice.

Torreira is a good player I think, but in hindsight, going for a small defensive minded CM wasn't a great idea, when you have to fit guys like Özil Ceballos Xhaka Guendouzi Willock around him. We can't match most teams physical impact in midfield.

And sokratis, even though he was decent at Dortmund was a terrible fit IMO, we needed a CB who can play from the back. Sokratis is a huge liability in that regard.

I think, on paper, our last summer was smarter even though it couldn't fix all our issues.

We needed a winger who can create danger from anything and bring some end product => we went for one of the hottest guy who wasn't playing in a big club, Pepe.

Ceballos was a smart move, low risk/high reward.

We needed a powerful CB we went for Saliba who looks like a beast at Saint Etienne and if he can stay fit, he will have a significant impact.
His ceiling is really high.

Tierney looks like a gem so far, the best crosser I've seen in years at Arsenal. Young british talented lad. Perfect fit.

We were short on the money, and needed an experienced CB. Luiz was a smart move too. He's tall, physical, had a solid season last year at chelsea, can play from the back. He fits the bill well.

Unfortunately, they arrived in a mess so they couldn't have a great impact, but in theory, they were the right call to make imo.

And let's not forget that we also got rid of most players we all wanted to see leave. We got a great deal for Iwobi. It's the kind of deal we were jealous when Liverpool made those.

I don't deny he's done a great work at his previous club. I'm not saying the guy is a fraud.
I just don't think his time at Arsenal was that great.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Ancelotti is in decline, has been for a few years now, and currently facing the sack.

When you look at the absolute elite managers who you would consider “game changers”, Carlo is not that and has not been that for years.

Suits our walk into mediocrity though.

Yeah because there's absolutely nothing in between "game changers" and mediocrity.

Tumblin'Dice

Hates Reddit
A manager who under performs in the league and is decent in European Cup competitions.

Where have I seen that before? Oh, that's right.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom