• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefMan21

Odds on Ancelotti have shortened to 11/1. That's disappointing. I forgot to place a bet.

Allegri has the shortest odds at 5/2. Poch is 6/1 and I'm surprised to see Simeone in at 33/1 - he was 100/1 not long ago.

Joestlaachmkr

Funny how almost all Arsenal fans was so against the idea of Luis Enrique becoming our new manager ahead the 2018-19 season, because Enrique is apparently a really bad coach and the only reason as to why he won the tripple with Barcelona was due to MSN. LMAO

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I've had Ancelotti at Bayern and I'll be damned if I have here. He's shiiite.

No we'd be lucky to have him.
Bayern veterans turned on him and wanted him gone. Those same players forced the next manager to leave.

Why Thank you.

That's the point.

If Ancelotti were to inherit this Liverpool team right now, he might win the league, MAYBE, would definitely have a decent cup run though.

But he'll never get our average squad anywhere close to that level. Seasoned front runner nothing more, nothing less.That's been the story of his entire career.

Nah, this is bs. He was able to compete with the best teams at Napoli. Even though we beat them in the EL, they didn't take it as seriously, imo.

FZV4ZGY.png

itiw6rk.png
NyfFthe.png

p8k5bdt.png

WMj6d9Y.png

(he won that game 1-0)
Z7miPnP.png

How many teams have you seen able to outplay Liverpool, having more possession, more shots on target since last year?
His team has walked on PSG and they were unlucky not to win one of the 2 games and they outplayed Juve, just last year.

Unfortunately Napoli has a lower ceiling than Juventus so ofc he wasn't going to compete against the most stacked team in Italy.
In the CL he was unlucky to draw PSG and Napoli

7Sj7qEU.png

He almost got out of the group phase, instead of Liverpool ffs. If it wasn't the goal Di Maria has scored during the last second, he would have been top of his group, with the much inferior squad.

And they are fans that thinks he's washed?

He might not be on Pep or Klopp's level (and even this one is debatable imo), but there are not that many coaches better than him in Europe.
This guy has a great track record over 2 decades, in 5 different leagues, has PL experience, won it with one of the best goal scoring record in history, plays offensive football and his teams score a lot, and loves the London life. What else do you want?

Put your agenda to bed. Facts speak for themselves.

Selective memory is a funny thing. It's like Ancelotti is ****ing Roy Hogdson :lol:

Come on, let's be realistic. We'd be crazy to turn him down.

You don't want Marcelino because he's apparently a midtable EL bum, fine. But you also don't want a CL caliber manager? I don't get it.

Last edited:

Joestlaachmkr

and I'm surprised to see Simeone in at 33/1 - he was 100/1 not long ago.
I think we can just forget Simeone, he has said that he wants to continue as manager of Atletico he has also said that he prefers Italian football over English football. Simeone has an annual salary of 22m at Atletico Madrid.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Freddie lost my confidence in his first game tbh. Just take Poch and be done with it.

jus2nang

Only when he has BY FAR the best team in the league, and even then only sometimes.

But no one can question his cup success, just to be fair
The thing is it is hard not to look at his time with Milan and think he should have won more than one league title in 6.5 years.

But then you have to consider that he took over a team that finished 6th the season before and struggling during the season he was appointed.

Then consider he took that team to 2 CL wins and a Serie A title over the next 6 years and it's not as bad.

He then has demonstrable success everywhere he's been since. I do wonder whether his time has passed though. Still, I would not say no.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
You do realize Poch or any other competent manager would have probably chosen the same squad as Ljungberg, do you?
Even if this isn't true (It probably isn't) the squad we have would cripple ANY manager and as soon as people realise that the better off they'll be emotionally.

Having said that, Emery was pants.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
The thing is it is hard not to look at his time with Milan and think he should have won more than one league title in 6.5 years.

But then you have to consider that he took over a team that finished 6th the season before and struggling during the season he was appointed.

Then consider he took that team to 2 CL wins and a Serie A title over the next 6 years and it's not as bad.

He then has demonstrable success everywhere he's been since. I do wonder whether his time has passed though. Still, I would not say no.

How so?
By every metrics available, he's still very competitive. he's beat the best team in england right now, Liverpool, in September, 2-0, with the much inferior squad.
He also beat them last year once and had a great game at Anfield even though he lost. He almost got out of the most difficult group in the CL last year. Tied with Liverpool on points, who then went to win it.

He's beaten Juve away from home his team rolled over them. And then lost the 2nd game at home, but still, it was a close game.

He got the 2nd seed in Serie A, +10 pts ahead the third. Yes they were far behind Juve, but Juve is the most stacked team in Italy. They have a much better squad, and more depth. He wasn't going to win the league when there's such a gap between the 2 teams.

mma

Apparently this guy is extremely reliable and was first last summer on Maguire to United...

Allegri was targeting United, but if the above is true it may explain a little bit of a change in narrative on Allegri from Ornstein last few days. Maybe he knows he's not getting the United job so he's more receptive to Arsenal. Let's pray it's so.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Apparently this guy is extremely reliable and was first last summer on Maguire to United...

Allegri was targeting United, but if the above is true it may explain a little bit of a change in narrative on Allegri from Ornstein last few days. Maybe he knows he's not getting the United job so he's more receptive to Arsenal. Let's pray it's so.

Don't share your hope, but the above piece was always going to happen now. At least, if Pochettino does not feel like taking a bigger break, as there are no other options available.

He will not coach Arsenal.

jus2nang

How so?
By every metrics available, he's still very competitive. he's beat the best team in england right now, Liverpool, in September, 2-0, with the much inferior squad.
He also beat them last year once and had a great game at Anfield even though he lost. He almost got out of the most difficult group in the CL last year. Tied with Liverpool on points, who then went to win it.

He's beaten Juve away from home his team rolled over them. And then lost the 2nd game at home, but still, it was a close game.

He got the 2nd seed in Serie A, +10 pts ahead the third. Yes they were far behind Juve, but Juve is the most stacked team in Italy. They have a much better squad, and more depth. He wasn't going to win the league when there's such a gap between the 2 teams.
That's very true, I guess I wonder about the reports of his training sessions being too light, outdated etc and losing the dressing room at Bayern. You're right though.

I did say he has demonstrable success everywhere and I wouldn't say no.

He's a legitimate option.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Big news heard from an extremely credible source in London. Poch has been in contact with #AFC over last few days. Provisional deal agreed 2 take over soon, Freddie on borrowed time. Wow!
Uber taxi drivers straying into new fields?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom